ensworth

overseascoach

NOTED THIS POST GEW DAYS AGO was wondering if true

Ensworth gives a full scholorship to lineman from Mt. Pleasant. I'm sure it was because of his academic prowess and had nothing to do with the fact he is 6'5" 315lb sophomore nose guard. But privates don't recruit, we all know that. They are on a level playing field with everyone else. Of course that's only when they are in DII.

LOOK I AM for a kid that can get a better education at a private school or wanting to go to a school that will attract major college scouts but to say they dont recruit well......

anyways that is a 120 mile roundtrip drive everyday-did Ensworth give the family a house rental near the school as well-- remember these schools dont recruit they just attract players that is what all the supports of schools like them and BA will state - oh i forgot they also say we never been caught yeah yeah yeah.....you are right when you say ur school does not recruit , it just shows a keen interest in them by sending them information on thier school,emails,a few phone calls etc so you are rght that is not recruiting its going after a prospective student-show me on BA football roster how many kids recieve finincail help compared to the rest of the student body please...Look i have coached at a major catholic school in chicago and as i stated we didnt recruit kids we just let them know we were a great school and something they should consider ( sorry i did consider this recruiting) I can assure you that i never went to some kids house or emailed them if they were a great jumproper or on the debate team...anyways

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTED THIS POST GEW DAYS AGO was wondering if true

Ensworth gives a full scholorship to lineman from Mt. Pleasant. I'm sure it was because of his academic prowess and had nothing to do with the fact he is 6'5" 315lb sophomore nose guard. But privates don't recruit, we all know that. They are on a level playing field with everyone else. Of course that's only when they are in DII.

LOOK I AM for a kid that can get a better education at a private school or wanting to go to a school that will attract major college scouts but to say they dont recruit well......

anyways that is a 120 mile roundtrip drive everyday-did Ensworth give the family a house rental near the school as well-- remember these schools dont recruit they just attract players that is what all the supports of schools like them and BA will state - oh i forgot they also say we never been caught yeah yeah yeah.....you are right when you say ur school does not recruit , it just shows a keen interest in them by sending them information on thier school,emails,a few phone calls etc so you are rght that is not recruiting its going after a prospective student-show me on BA football roster how many kids recieve finincail help compared to the rest of the student body please...Look i have coached at a major catholic school in chicago and as i stated we didnt recruit kids we just let them know we were a great school and something they should consider ( sorry i did consider this recruiting) I can assure you that i never went to some kids house or emailed them if they were a great jumproper or on the debate team...anyways

from tennessean- Franklin basketball

"It's going to be awesome," said Kegarise, who went through an individual workout for Oak Hill coaches during a July visit. "When I made the gold (top) team, I was like, 'Wait a minute … me?' I was just shocked

Well i know its basketball and not football but you have to love the fact that he was givin a indivdual workout to attend a high school.......Wish the best to him and i applaud the fact his parent(s) are paying for him

Oak Hill Academy and the DII privates are a night and day comparison. The former is a basketball factory in the middle of nowhere whose graduates play 1 or two years in college and then go play professionally somewhere. The latter are some of the best college prepratory schools in the country who may send a handful of athletes to play at any collegiate level while the vast majority of alumni move on to college and then to the productive workforce. While you may be an "expert" on certain catholic high schools in Chicago, your assumptions and lack of factual date on this matter only further demonstrate your overwhelming ignorance of how DII privates operate.

Oak Hill Academy and the DII privates are a night and day comparison. The former is a basketball factory in the middle of nowhere whose graduates play 1 or two years in college and then go play professionally somewhere. The latter are some of the best college prepratory schools in the country who may send a handful of athletes to play at any collegiate level while the vast majority of alumni move on to college and then to the productive workforce. While you may be an "expert" on certain catholic high schools in Chicago, your assumptions and lack of factual date on this matter only further demonstrate your overwhelming ignorance of how DII privates operate.

i am more aware of OAK HILL vs. any other school and was pointing that out not to reference Ensworth or BA but as a joke on how they gave him a private workout for a high school team ... i dont think so as it is pretty much the same way as Chicago private schools and DII schools in Tn operate. I didnt give no assumptions nor did i offer any factual data was simply stating my thoughts- you are not providing me data by telling me how many of the kids on the football field recieve tuitio assistance compared to the rest of the student body- i dont have ingorance as itis shown by those whom always come to the defense of these schools when they say no recruiting is going on- look i agree its not recruiting but please tell me that no emails, postage, or any contact was goving to this kid from MT Plesant?

I continue my search for a man with some evidence...lots of ungrounded accustions, plenty of innuendo, but alas, not a single scintilla of evidence.

Best Regards,

Diogenes

witth regards tell my why brentwood ac may face sanctions this year .......your right NEVER will there be evidence as i stated the kids are not being recruited but givin the opportunity to see the "school" in a 3rd party manor- My daughter middle school basketball player and AAU standout receieves or I have been approached by a few local private schools saying that our school _________ has a great academic program and very fine ladies bball team have you looked into it - why this is not recruiting if i decieded to go visit the school ( and I have ) i was shwon to the bball coach first - now yes apples and oranges football and basketball.yes you are right its not being recruited but what will you call it > as stated you are all so fast to say no proof no proof and your right no proof but give me data on how many at Ensworth football team are recieving tuition assistance compared to the other non students-look when they dont offer any finicial assistance to any football player then i will call it not recruiting

I continue my search for a man with some evidence...lots of ungrounded accustions, plenty of innuendo, but alas, not a single scintilla of evidence.

Best Regards,

Diogenes

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

...waiting for Don Quixote to chime in...

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

witth regards tell my why brentwood ac may face sanctions this year .......your right NEVER will there be evidence as i stated the kids are not being recruited but givin the opportunity to see the "school" in a 3rd party manor- My daughter middle school basketball player and AAU standout receieves or I have been approached by a few local private schools saying that our school _________ has a great academic program and very fine ladies bball team have you looked into it - why this is not recruiting if i decieded to go visit the school ( and I have ) i was shwon to the bball coach first - now yes apples and oranges football and basketball.yes you are right its not being recruited but what will you call it > as stated you are all so fast to say no proof no proof and your right no proof but give me data on how many at Ensworth football team are recieving tuition assistance compared to the other non students-look when they dont offer any finicial assistance to any football player then i will call it not recruiting

It is my understand of TSSAA sports that DI and DII are different in this part:

1. DI can give financial aid (private school DI ie Goodpasture, etc.....) to non TSSAA players such as music majors, english or just plain students to do not play sports. Any one recieving financial aid in a DI private school is not allowed to play TSSAA sports.

2. DII can give financial aid up to 50 percent of the cost of tuition. All financial aid applicants have to be approved through an outside source such as princeton and a couple of others (names unknown to me) regardless of DI or DII. princeton will recommend an amount based on a 25 dollar fee and forms submitted by the applicant. The school is not allowed to offer any more than is recommended. Sometimes they offer less, it is up to the school. How bad do they want the child. They then have to inform TSSAA of all student athletes on financial aid all with the princeton report.

Another thing from experience, an average american family with no debt will get nothing. A man making 250,000 a year with 500,000 in debt will get alot. amazing isn't it. That is just the way works. Debt controls.

The other half? It has been told to me that there exists a SLUSH fund. A big supporter, etc......that pays the rest. However, the money has to come from the legal guardian.

Can anyone add or take away anything. Tried to make it as clear as possible.

The other half? It has been told to me that there exists a SLUSH fund. A big supporter, etc......that pays the rest. However, the money has to come from the legal guardian.

Can anyone add or take away anything. Tried to make it as clear as possible.

How does the legal guardian in receipt of tuition money from a big donor avoid having to pay taxes on it?

How does the legal guardian in receipt of tuition money from a big donor avoid having to pay taxes on it?

If only half of the tuition had to be covered by the alleged booster, then the most they would have to pay would be between $8,000 to $10,000 which is under the annual gift tax exclusion limit. But that's besides the point. All of the DII schools excel in so many areas other than athletics and the bottom line is that while they strive to have great athletic teams, they are only one piece of the pie. MBA for example sends graduates to college with debate scholarships (debate program consistantly in the top 10 nationally), art scholarships, theater scholarships, not too mention academic scholarships. The entrance exams are very difficult and the average acceptance scores are important. The schools cannot afford to bring down the average by letting in students who cannot do the work. Moreover, the schools cannot afford to constantly lose student to attrition because they can't do the work.

If only half of the tuition had to be covered by the alleged booster, then the most they would have to pay would be between $8,000 to $10,000 which is under the annual gift tax exclusion limit. But that's besides the point. All of the DII schools excel in so many areas other than athletics and the bottom line is that while they strive to have great athletic teams, they are only one piece of the pie. MBA for example sends graduates to college with debate scholarships (debate program consistantly in the top 10 nationally), art scholarships, theater scholarships, not too mention academic scholarships. The entrance exams are very difficult and the average acceptance scores are important. The schools cannot afford to bring down the average by letting in students who cannot do the work. Moreover, the schools cannot afford to constantly lose student to attrition because they can't do the work.

again excuse me for being the new kid on the block here - so the kid ie Mt Pleasant gets assistance from school 8000 then a booster kicks in another 8000 to cover the cost to ensure he gets into Ensworth dont you think that ties into some sort of recruiting ? Look i am all for private schools hence why my daughter is enrolled at one just for the fact you mentioned better academics and chance to get into the college of her dream ( Notre Dame ) - All i am trying to point out is that these athletes do get special perks more than the average kid that plays the tuba