ensworth

overseascoach

Let us know how that works out for you.

I only polish this off for special occasions - "There is no "i" in "team" but there are two in "idiot".

Too funny. But I was curious who Inspector Clouseau was going to use for bait. I'm thinking a 6'3" and 250lb 20 year old who runs 40 in 4.5 posing as an 8th grader. Oh wait. He's already at BA!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny. But I was curious who Inspector Clouseau was going to use for bait. I'm thinking a 6'3" and 250lb 20 year old who runs 40 in 4.5 posing as an 8th grader. Oh wait. He's already at BA!

No...unfortunately BA hasn't had one of those type guys since Alex Bullard was in 8th grade. Wish there were more. Course he was only 14, playing like he was 20.

Something tells me you don't coach anymore. I and a lot of others wonder why you have a vendetta against private schools? No need to post that you don't, it is obvious. What happened in Chicago? A thread has already been closed due to you making an issue about public private on a sport thread. Why don't you go and post your opinions on the appropriate threads, public-private, there are some sharks awaiting you. You don't get any prize for closed threads in case you were wondering. I know tuba players, dancers, public speakers and anything else you could mention that have received financial aid, based on need. What I have yet to experience is any booster willing to pay one dime of my child's tuition who plays sports. Perhaps that is your real complaint, maybe you have not had any offers of extra help either. What is your hidden agenda? Why would you try to entrap anybody? Keep posting and this thread will be closed as well, as it should.

exactly i pay for my daughters private school 100 percent so should all others-- im so proud of you that you dont accept booster money --- nope moved on to bigger things all clean clear in Chicago- left winning a state title

exactly i pay for my daughters private school 100 percent so should all others-- im so proud of you that you dont accept booster money --- nope moved on to bigger things all clean clear in Chicago- left winning a state title

There is no way to justify a statement that everyone should pay 100% tuition. Some families just cannot do this no matter what they sacrifice. I would think that someone involved in a Catholic school would know this. There are many families that need assistence and could not afford to send their children to private schools without it. If privates were only about sports, then your statement about aid still would not make any sense. But Catholic schools were not created for sports, far from it. They were created to educate children in academics and their faith. Many other private schools of other faiths share the same mission.You also twisted my statement about boosters, I said no booster ever offered my child nor do I have knowledge of any child getting (booster) money. And I have been involved with Catholic schools for many years.If you pay 100% tuition, thats because you make enough or have no bills to be able to do that. But you have disdain for those less fortunate. I still think something is not being revealed here. But I do think your decision not to be involved in the Catholic schools system in any state is a good one. We don't need people who have plenty with disdain for those who have not. Are you a frustrated athletic dad? Or did you just choose to post on a topic that it is obvious you have little knowledge of. Or perhaps you suffer from tunnel vision, my way or the highway type thinking. If private schools were to restrict entrance to their schools to just students whose parents were able to pay 100% tuition, what a sad state of affairs that would be. I bet you are against any form of assistence to anyone at anytime. Lets all pull ourselves up by our boot straps, ain't no need for any aid. I was hungry, but you didn't believe in aid. Try selling that to your maker someday. PS issues of recruiting ya da ya da are supposed to be on the public private forum.

You may pay full freight but it is rare when full freight is the full cost of a private school education. Wealthy schools have endowments to subsidize tuitions. Parochial schools have parishes. All private schools use fund raisers of every sort to make up the difference between total tuitions and cost of running schools. All private school students are on financial aid of some sort. On the other hand, every time I pay local taxes, I'm contributing to the financial aid of every public school student in the county. And thanks to the BEP and one the worst legislative delegation in the state, I'm contributing to the financial aid of every rural Tennessee public school child. You're welcome!

You may pay full freight but it is rare when full freight is the full cost of a private school education. Wealthy schools have endowments to subsidize tuitions. Parochial schools have parishes. All private schools use fund raisers of every sort to make up the difference between total tuitions and cost of running schools. All private school students are on financial aid of some sort. On the other hand, every time I pay local taxes, I'm contributing to the financial aid of every public school student in the county. And thanks to the BEP and one the worst legislative delegation in the state, I'm contributing to the financial aid of every rural Tennessee public school child. You're welcome!

When private school parents pay taxes they also contribute to an education that they do not use.

What really burns me . . . is you go to one of these "get to know the school" nights for some private school, and there's this 5'7" kid in the corner, slender, with his hand on a leather case. Well, don't you know, the band teacher sees him and starts talking to him, and asks him about the case. Well, come to find out the kid is a great clarinet player and has heard that the private school has wonderful facilities and really good orchestra. The teacher says to the kid and his parents, why not come for a tour sometime.

They do, they love it, but they can't afford the school. They get some aid. What a darn crime!! The kid was recruited! It's obvious.

The fact is that all we hear is crying and moaning about a handful of anecdotal "evidence" of some big-time athlete that has been "recruited." Plenty of needy kids get aid, and they aren't all athletes. They vasy majority of them are great students. This debate gets awfully tiresome.

What really burns me . . . is you go to one of these "get to know the school" nights for some private school, and there's this 5'7" kid in the corner, slender, with his hand on a leather case. Well, don't you know, the band teacher sees him and starts talking to him, and asks him about the case. Well, come to find out the kid is a great clarinet player and has heard that the private school has wonderful facilities and really good orchestra. The teacher says to the kid and his parents, why not come for a tour sometime.

They do, they love it, but they can't afford the school. They get some aid. What a darn crime!! The kid was recruited! It's obvious.

The fact is that all we hear is crying and moaning about a handful of anecdotal "evidence" of some big-time athlete that has been "recruited." Plenty of needy kids get aid, and they aren't all athletes. They vasy majority of them are great students. This debate gets awfully tiresome.

Good Post. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There is also the possibility the 'student' is gonna get a break on tuition for teaching voice or ballet to other students. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

JUST KIDDING as I have NO dog in this hunt!

LOST.....now you know why there have been zero alligator attacks at schools!