GP @ Pigeon Forge

FiDDY7

Pigeon Forge needs to mix it up at running back.....They have 4 great running backs and each one brings in a differant look for the opponets defence...If you mix it up along with the offensive line...You can gain big yardage...I beleive that is Coach Hammonds game....Bring in the speed for getting around the corner...and then the big ones for tough yardage...Dont keep speed on the side lines.....Use all of your weapons and that equals a win....we will need it all if we want to beat Cosby and GP.....Just a sugestion....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a long time fan of GPHS as a kid, a former player, and still have family playing on the team heres what I have to say. First off Coach Lee is really good at what he does.. Before he moved below the tunnel he coached and called nearly all the plays for GPs offence when they were in the 3A class.. if he keeps working with PF they will be great.. PF is still very young and will grow.. but as for the game this year I'm giving to GP.. not sure what the score will be but it will be a good game.. Many people believe GPs OL isn't good this year, well im sorry to tell ya they are.. not the best or the biggest but they get the job done and sometimes better.. my lil brother and cuzin play on the OL and my Cuzin plays as a DL as well.. Don't underestimate this GP team! GO GP!!

The Addition of Lee Hammonds to PF football has made a great rival even more fun, most of my PF frens want even talk to me this week and it last a couple of weeks if GP wins, then they get back to normal, lol The whole town of gat and Pigeon forge will be there, lots of fun if you remember its a game. GP in a tough game 28 - 21

Why are you people saying fire coach Hammonds at PF? Are you crazy? That's why the PF program's growth is stunted so much. Too many people running their mouth about who should coach and who they should fire. MY oldest boy had 2 coaches in 4 yrs we have got to STOP the merry go round of politics in the Forge. Let somebody get in there and let them grow a team. It doesn't happen overnight you know. I have a boy playing for them now we moved back into the school system of PF after leaving because of the merry-go-round. He's a sophomore starting. It didn't come without quite a price. Paying trainers to train him in the off season, running like crazy etc. Yea he starts but he's probably farther ahead then some of the upperclassmen on the team just because he has had consistency in a program for the last 2.5 yrs. You can't keep changing coaches and expect to grow a winning tradition in a program. At some point someone has to stick and instill his weight training program, his off season conditioning, his education of the game. Do we have that in PF? I think so but I would love to see the community AND PARENTS get behind the coaching staff. The community of PF wants a lot out of the program and it will take us all putting a lot into that in the form of support, $$ when you have it, encouragement etc. Let's all band together and hopefully the Forge's 1st win will come with the GP game. How sweet would that be! GO TIGERS BEAT HIGHLANDERS!!!

The "support" of the community and the fan base doesnt appear to be there with only around 100 people making the trip to Grainger Friday night. The ones of us there were excited with the improvements that we saw or hopefully the other were I know I was. We have so many good young talents that will help us but alot of them are freshman being put into tough spots, but I think they performed at a high level. As for Friday night.....Tigers will win the battle of the tunnel!!!!!!

Tigers 34-17

That's a bold prediction coming from fans of a team that's 0-3 and only has one win against GP since their inception. I mean seriously, have the Tigers had the lookaheads for 3 weeks now? I'd hope not because the GP game isn't the important one...the 1-3A games are.

I'll go with the Highlanders by two scores.

from on cosby with love... tigers line is not all that...dont no bout gps but if they get beat on the line gp not that good ther we owned em on cosby. the d1 boy isnt their best either it is 57.

Did you mean pf was not that good on the line when we played them AT Cosby?

Were we watching the same game? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" The eagles had a tough time all night with that line! I'd love to be able to say we dominated PF, but that's simply not true. I do beleive GP will come away with this one, but Good Luck to the Tigers!

I'm glad to see you've stopped bashing our coaches for the meantime, but I'm not sure why you're trying to make everyone in Cosby sound like a moron with the whole "ON Cosby" thing. NO ONE, I mean NO ONE who was actually born and raised here says "ON Cosby."

the question will be can PF stop GP's offense there avg per game is about 35 or 36 points while giving up only about 9.Last year it was 32 - 7, year befour 45 - 12 , they know what GP is going to do so does everyone, it don't seem to matter. GP's QB is a real difference maker this year, on a dry field GP is dangerous.I watch PF and Grainger last week and PF really stepped it up againist a good Mcbee(QB) it will be a very good game.

the question will be can PF stop GP's offense there avg per game is about 35 or 36 points while giving up only about 9.Last year it was 32 - 7, year befour 45 - 12 , they know what GP is going to do so does everyone, it don't seem to matter. GP's QB is a real difference maker this year, on a dry field GP is dangerous.I watch PF and Grainger last week and PF really stepped it up againist a good Mcbee(QB) it will be a very good game.

Stepped up? McBee rushed for 180 including the winning touchdown and threw for 2 others. If that's stepping up then y'all got problems.