franklin county rebels

fchs rebel

2 starters (Dixon and Chapman) have been out with injuries but should return soon. Baskette is the other wideout. Since we run four or five wide most of the time... there are others who get into the mix. Cody Maybe hass great hands and so does G. Taylor. B. Ferguson and Lorenzo G. also looks good at WR. We have several boys fighting for playing time and that's a very good thing for any team!

Come see our Jamboree next Friday if you can @ home. 2 qtrs. or 9th, 2 qtrs. of JV, then varsity. It should be a good one with SHS.

what number is Dixon. is he Phillip or did he graduate

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they scrimmage today and how did they look

Some improvement but still a long way to go. Giles won but it was a tough, physical game on both sides of the ball. The Punting game was good... offensive line play improved, but still, much work is needed before the opening week. Coach O'Conner has the Bobcats looking good. Good luck to them in the regular season. #12 for the cats is very good!

On a side note: JG Dixon is a senior. He will be back this week.

I thought FC looked best with two backs lined up in the backfield. Martin and Childress could be the best one/two punch in the region. QBs Shedd and Dudley also looked good running the ball. Passing game is behind the running game at this point. Hopefully, the spread scheme will begin to click once the injured receivers return. This team has loads of potential.

The Giles QB is the real deal--very strong arm, great vision and he puts the ball on the money.

Some improvement but still a long way to go. Giles won but it was a tough, physical game on both sides of the ball. The Punting game was good... offensive line play improved, but still, much work is needed before the opening week. Coach O'Conner has the Bobcats looking good. Good luck to them in the regular season. #12 for the cats is very good!

On a side note: JG Dixon is a senior. He will be back this week.

Went over last night to check out both teams, and saw a good, physical scrimmage, which is kinda amazing coming from Giles Co. considering that they just scrimmaged Tullahoma the very night before, they had to be kinda sore and tired, but I was told from a person there at the scrimmage, that they only gave their starters limited action on Friday night. F.C. was clearly a better, more physical team than they were last year. The #10 qb. (Shedd) seemed to move the offense a little better, but he took a pretty physical beating, running the ball as much as he did, which was most of the time, also the # 25 back has some very good speed.

But I was really impressed with the Qb. #12, and reciever #23 for Giles Co. who is not real big but he has good speed and good hands. To beat G.C., you must shut down that combination, and he really hurt F.C. last night several times, scoring I think, 3 out of 4 of G.C.'s touchdowns, and had another one called back on a penality.

I was told from a person there at the scrimmage, that they only gave their starters limited action on Friday night. F.C. was clearly a better, more physical team than they were last year. But I was really impressed with the Qb. #12, and reciever #23 for Giles Co. who is not real big but he has good speed and good hands. To beat G.C., you must shut down that combination, and he really hurt F.C. last night several times, scoring I think, 3 out of 4 of G.C.'s touchdowns, and had another one called back on a penality.

The claim that Giles "only gave their starters limited action" is not consistent with the fact that Giles's best two players played almost the entire game. I believe your source was misinformed. The Giles QB(#12) and his sidekick wideout (#23) are going to do some damage this year. If the ball is in #23's vicinity, he is probably going to catch it and #12 is going to do more than just get the ball into his vicinity.

Went over last night to check out both teams, and saw a good, physical scrimmage, which is kinda amazing coming from Giles Co. considering that they just scrimmaged Tullahoma the very night before, they had to be kinda sore and tired, but I was told from a person there at the scrimmage, that they only gave their starters limited action on Friday night. F.C. was clearly a better, more physical team than they were last year. The #10 qb. (Shedd) seemed to move the offense a little better, but he took a pretty physical beating, running the ball as much as he did, which was most of the time, also the # 25 back has some very good speed.

But I was really impressed with the Qb. #12, and reciever #23 for Giles Co. who is not real big but he has good speed and good hands. To beat G.C., you must shut down that combination, and he really hurt F.C. last night several times, scoring I think, 3 out of 4 of G.C.'s touchdowns, and had another one called back on a penality.

what kind of o line do we have. do we have a lot coming back or is it the new offense giving them trouble

The rebels have some good looking players, but they weren't very disciplined. They were talking smack and doing a bunch of extra stuff that will get them penalties on the road. Their QB/LB is a beast but I also heard he is constantly in trouble. Their running game is okay but the passing game is lacking.

The rebels have some good looking players, but they weren't very disciplined. They were talking smack and doing a bunch of extra stuff that will get them penalties on the road. Their QB/LB is a beast but I also heard he is constantly in trouble. Their running game is okay but the passing game is lacking.

Yeah we had no discipline for the last two years but this year is better. The QB is sitting out the first game because of breaking some rules. The new coaches are cracking down but you don't turn people round over night. We had problems last year with a few players. Believe it or not I think things are better. I watched the Giles County scrimage and I saw some good things. The two starting receivers were out. Thats why the passing game was the way it was. I don't think talking smack is a bad thing. I didn't do it but thats a part of the game. Some guys will do it no matter what coach says. Your right Shaquile is a beast. He just needs time to throw it. GO REBS!

Yeah we had no discipline for the last two years but this year is better. The QB is sitting out the first game because of breaking some rules. The new coaches are cracking down but you don't turn people round over night. We had problems last year with a few players. Believe it or not I think things are better. I watched the Giles County scrimage and I saw some good things. The two starting receivers were out. Thats why the passing game was the way it was. I don't think talking smack is a bad thing. I didn't do it but thats a part of the game. Some guys will do it no matter what coach says. Your right Shaquile is a beast. He just needs time to throw it. GO REBS!

have not seen them play this year at all.Do we have the talent to make a run at the region title? or is the combonation of new offense along with talent going to stop us from doing that this year also?

have not seen them play this year at all.Do we have the talent to make a run at the region title? or is the combonation of new offense along with talent going to stop us from doing that this year also?

Coach Mantooth used to say to us you have to crawl before you can walk. I think the Rebs are upright and walking now and just need a couple of weeks to work it all out. The scrimmage on Sat was close. The run defense was good. The secondary needs some work but I know 2 guys were out. Just some things they need to work out first.