CAK vs Boyd

HSfootball54

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

boyd will NOT give up 41 points. CAK had a good offense last year and Boyd was down last year... and CAK still only scored 14 points... i do not see CAK scoring 14 on Boyd's D this year... Boyd is so much better... they are full of athletic DB's... three big time linebackers SETH EMERY, JORDAN NASON, and TREY McCALLA. and a D LINE i do not see any line stopping being led by COLE WEBSTER. as for offense... boyd is very much improved and will be lead by senior quarterback Nick Hughes. he is looking better then he has ever looked... in the backfield the bucs will have two tailbacks TAYLOR GILLEY and BEN BEASLEY. Probably the best recieving core to ever come through boyd and a O Line with DEVIN CALDWELL 6'5" 250, COLE WEBSTER 6'2" 265, VINCANTA JORDAN 6'4" 315, REECE DAVIS 5'11" 250, and GARRETT PAYNE 5'11" 285... BOYD IS LOADED.... WATCH OUT

Garrett payne is hurt and is going to be replaced by seth roy, who i think started a couple games last year, and watch out for clint babb at wide receiver and andrew crow at safety

boyd is looking great in their scrimmages. they beat hixon, soddy, and went to a two way scrimmage with upperman and livingston and basically dominated at every aspect. buc's qb Nick Hughes is looking the best he has ever looked, offensive line is blocking very well both the run and the pass, defence is just fun to watch to say the least, and best of all boyds recievers are making big time play's. boyd will go deep this year. 28-7 Boyd

This is interesting since according to the Herald Citizen Upperman dominated. What is the real story? Did Upperman play their first team the whole time? and what was the score?

I doubt Boyd's will give up 35. They seem to have been pretty strong on defense in their scrimmages so far. I look for another close low scoring game like last year. However Boyd has beaten some teams earlier in the year fairly well when on paper it should have been a better game (example: 1999 Lenior City, 2002 Rhea County, 2005 CPA). You never know...

I believe some folks from Boyd have those rose colored glasses on. Boyd is good, don't get me wrong, but their hopes hinge on a kid that hasn't played the last two years. He was a big time prospect a couple of years ago but injuries have hurt his stock. Last year, when he went down, they didn't even have a capable back up. I think a tight end took over. Hopefully, Hughes wont get hurt this year and he will have the year he deserves!! As for the Defense, they are okay, but not very fast at all, but they will hit you!

I am so excited, yet a little anxious about this game. I was really impressed with Boyd last year and their supportive and classy fans. I didn't feel like CAK's offense clicked in this game (game one) as much as in subsequent games. Maybe partly because of the stiff defense, but mostly I felt like they were gaining their identity and confidence, and that snowballed in a good way as the season progressed.

I really believe CAK will score more than 14 points. Yes, I believe the offense will be more effective than in game one last year. I expect Boyd's defense to be tough, but unless I'm very surprised, you will see a team that will force you to defend an effective ground game and an effective passing game. From what I have seen of CAK in preseason, Boyd will have their hands full in this regard. What I don't have a good feel for is how efficient Boyd's offense will be with a healthy quarterback. I hated to see that kid go down for the season last year. I hope Boyd has a great season this year except for game one LOL!

boyd will NOT give up 41 points. CAK had a good offense last year and Boyd was down last year... and CAK still only scored 14 points... i do not see CAK scoring 14 on Boyd's D this year... Boyd is so much better... they are full of athletic DB's... three big time linebackers SETH EMERY, JORDAN NASON, and TREY McCALLA. and a D LINE i do not see any line stopping being led by COLE WEBSTER. as for offense... boyd is very much improved and will be lead by senior quarterback Nick Hughes. he is looking better then he has ever looked... in the backfield the bucs will have two tailbacks TAYLOR GILLEY and BEN BEASLEY. Probably the best recieving core to ever come through boyd and a O Line with DEVIN CALDWELL 6'5" 250, COLE WEBSTER 6'2" 265, VINCANTA JORDAN 6'4" 315, REECE DAVIS 5'11" 250, and GARRETT PAYNE 5'11" 285... BOYD IS LOADED.... WATCH OUT

Bucwild, I am a follower of BBS football and hope that they have the talent you speak of in the post above but to say "the best receiving core to ever come through boyd" is a pretty bold statement. You maybe right and I have not seen any of this years wideouts play but are you saying that they are better than Drew Akins, Alex Jones, Ryan Headen, Blake Beckham the group that played in the state championship game? Will their passing game be as efficient as Will Healy's when throwing to those guys. If the defense is as good as you say and the receivers can get the ball we should be looking at a region championship and a win at CAK.