McMinn Central vs South Pitts Scrimmage

OLD PIRATE

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old Pirate has been unable to contact anyone who witnessed the scrimmage. How did it come out. OP knew McMinn Central was reportedly tough and had beaten Alcoa in the spring.

I seriously doubt that McMinn Central beat Alcoa. Don't think they are fast enough. Don't think they are that powerful, other than last year their record hasn't been that impressive and they got beat in the first round last year as a region champion??

Old Pirate has been unable to contact anyone who witnessed the scrimmage. How did it come out. OP knew McMinn Central was reportedly tough and had beaten Alcoa in the spring.

To be honest I don't think the pirates are where they were this time last year. The game as far as I was concerned was pretty close. Sp had too many drop balls and some busted plays. The line needs to keep improving. Lot of hard hits from both sides. # 4 for MC is a player. There is know doubt The Pirates have talent but they need to work on that chemistry thats so important to be contenders. For the record a guy from mc said they indeed played Alcoa tough. The brightest spot of the day was the young-uns.... they will flat come after you. I think they pretty much had their way with the young-uns from MC. Zone's boy threw a pretty fade for a td. I think Mc has a good football team and I look for them to make some noise in 3A.

I seriously doubt that McMinn Central beat Alcoa. Don't think they are fast enough. Don't think they are that powerful, other than last year their record hasn't been that impressive and they got beat in the first round last year as a region champion??

Old Pirate says sources report MCtrl did beat Alcoa in the spring. McMinn Central reportedly has several transfers including Meig's starting QB. They are supposedly the real deal. Past history can not always be gone by look at the warriors of jasper the tide of Bama, just dreamers now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Was this scrimmage played like a regular game format?? I think the jasper scrimmage the other day the teams got so many plays on offense and then the other team got so many. I might be wrong though.

Not sure on the format . I spoke with someone who had talked to Centrals coach. By the way, Why all the harsh words toward Central in your earlier post?

Not sure on the format . I spoke with someone who had talked to Centrals coach. By the way, Why all the harsh words toward Central in your earlier post?

Old Pirate says TTP has to be in construction, he always sounds that way possibly a few bricks have fell on that purple head or maybe he has skillet swinging wife. OP kinda doubts he played FB. Golfers or other sport athletes usually make the most off the wall noise.

I watched the biggest majority of the scrimmage and will give an unbiased opinion since I have no dog in the fight. I think the score was 19-17 SP when the starters were in the game. SP had 3 TDS and MC had 2 TDS and a FG. Both teams were able to capitalize on costly turnovers near the goal line and both had big plays that led to their other scores. Neither team was able to put together sustained drives and both O-lines struggled at times. Offensively, it was pretty sloppy in my opinion but it is early and those things will probably correct themselves as the season goes on. Defensively, both teams were flying around and making plays. I think MC may have been a little more disciplined on defense and did a pretty good job containing SP speed ( other than 3 big plays). SP also made plays on defense but a lot of their success was due to lineman getting upfield and creating pressure which can be bad against a well disciplined offense. I do not think that SP will have any problems with any 1A opponents unless a team comes out of nowhere. They will have enough speed to make up for weaknesses that they have in other areas. I think MC is probably a solid 2nd round team that could advance farther if they can make strides offensively during the season. They have a pretty solid defense but can be thrown on.

Old Pirate says sources report MCtrl did beat Alcoa in the spring. McMinn Central reportedly has several transfers including Meig's starting QB. They are supposedly the real deal. Past history can not always be gone by look at the warriors of jasper the tide of Bama, just dreamers now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

If you do a search on the game, it appears that Alcoa may have played that game minus several starters so I would not read much into MC beating them. MC has a good team but I do not think that they are in the same class with Alcoa.

Hey now watch it Bama is my team and they will be on the rise. As for Jasper yea they are dreamers! I was at the scrimmage and Pittsburg pulled it out, but it was a good game. McMinn Central is going to be a force in 3A I believe. They are a good team with good talent, but Pittsburg's freshmen and sophmore group are going to be the real deal. They played hard for young kids. Dont get me wrong I think SP has a good chance to repeat this year and I think they will!!!

It was a good scrimmage to see where Central stands against a Power House football team (even though they are single A)... I promise you they could Play our schedule and go 9-1 or 10-0 and win our region 3 3A.. South Pitt is going to be a force to reckon with come December! Thanks for letting us come down and beat and bang on each other a while..