2009 Kingsport/Eastman Invitational Tournament

DBLIS

Some of these picks are very questionable.............................

Sounds to me like you are upset that maybe your daughter wasnt selected or "voted" for the tournament team. And your team, Powell Valley, only played 4 games as well. The system might not be perfect, but what system is? Basically each coach in each game turned in a player from their team and the opposing team for that particular game. A girl may have gotten 2 votes per game (one from her coach and the other from the opposing coach) and that would be a total of 8 votes if only 4 games were played. Yes, they may have received votes from their coach, but I don't believe that the opposing coach would be told who to vote for, that was all confidential. It is possible for one player to stand out over and over again and the team record may not show that. One girl may hit a homerun every time she bats and her team still get beat. Does that mean she isn't a great player? Just means she doesnt play for a great team. I think this is the best system you can ask for unless you have a panel of judges who could watch each game, one at a time and then vote on a team (that would be impossible, and take 3 weeks). DB hosted the tournament and I believe they only had one player on the tournament team, so it is hard for me to believe that if deals were being made that DB couldnt get more kids on there. Looks like a pretty good tournament team to me, all on there are very deserving! I dont like it when someone tries to take something away from kids just because of jealously. Congratulations to every single girl, it is a honor, be proud of it!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your kid did make it.............. It would make a lot more since if a coach could not vote for someone on their own team. That way you get rid of the pet player votes.

And yes the coaches do talk about it....... Its not confidential as you say it is.............. How about the conversations between coaches saying" who on your team do you want me voting for"?

Sounds like your kid did make it.............. It would make a lot more since if a coach could not vote for someone on their own team. That way you get rid of the pet player votes.

And yes the coaches do talk about it....... Its not confidential as you say it is.............. How about the conversations between coaches saying" who on your team do you want me voting for"?

Maybe that's the way some coach's do things, but not all coach's are that way. I don't think we should attack coaches for something that may or may not have happened. To say anything negative about those who were chosen is not right. They are still just kids. I am sure there are several who were not chosen that deserved to be, but that shouldn't take away from those who were! And, there were 40 teams in this tournament, not all teams were going to get a player on the tournament team, that's impossible.

Again, I will say, Congratulations to "All" the girls who were named to the tournament team. You were all very deserving.

Maybe that's the way some coach's do things, but not all coach's are that way. I don't think we should attack coaches for something that may or may not have happened. To say anything negative about those who were chosen is not right. They are still just kids. I am sure there are several who were not chosen that deserved to be, but that shouldn't take away from those who were! And, there were 40 teams in this tournament, not all teams were going to get a player on the tournament team, that's impossible.

Again, I will say, Congratulations to "All" the girls who were named to the tournament team. You were all very deserving.

It is always an honor to be on any "All Tournament Team", but what really counts is being a team player. Just like KDBSball stated, that doesn't mean that other girls didn't deserve to make the team, they just didn't get it for this tournament. Nothing in this world is ever fair to everyone and if we teach our girls that, then little things like who makes "All Tournament Team" will not matter. What matters is that they play as a team player, not if they win an award or not. If they play as a team player and play to win, then that reward itself will be great. If your playing for yourself to look good then you are playing for the wrong reason.

Apparently there was an altercation between D-B's coach and one of his players at the tournament. Does anybody know what happened? Just curious.

During the Boone/DB game a girl got in a run down and was tagged out. When the girl entered the dugout the coach slapped the back of her helmet as she walked past......and let's just say be gald she was wearing a helmet.