White House @ Portland-Week 1

Olred

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This WH team has the talent to turn out the offensive numbers that the 2004 team did; i.e. Levering 2,000+ passing, Ladd 2,000+ rushing.. I hope they are as fun to watch as that team was..

I DIDNT THINK LADD HAD OVER 2000 YDS THAT YEAR. I WAS THINKING 1700 OR 1800, BUT IM NOT POSITIVE. I AGREE THAT THEY CAN PUT UP SOME BIG #'S THIS YEAR . I DONT THINK PAYNE WILL GET THAT MUCH THOUGH SINCE HE HAS DIXON TO SPLIT THE CARRIES WITH, AND TROX MIGHT NOT GET THE YARDAGE BECAUSE HE HAS A GOOD QB BEHIND HIM AND SOME GAMES COULD BE OVER AT HALFTIME. BUT ITS ALL TALK ON HERE THE PLAYERS HAVE TO GET IT DONE ON THE FIELD.

Ricky surpassed 2000 yards the first playoff game. Trust me. White House had 3,476 rushing yards that year and 1629 yards passing with close to 60% completion. Its all on the website. Or you could just take someone's word who blocked for the guy. Either way, there is no denying the potential that this team could put up some ridiculous numbers. Here's another little historical nugget for you. White House averaged almost 36 points a game in 2004. Next to that was the 1997 team's 29 ponts a game. They averaged 25 points a game last year and are returning every skilled position player. If they can crank out the numbers that the 2004 bunch did, they could play in Murfreesboro this year without a doubt. The only thing I see different from these guys and the 2004 guys is that the 2004 guys had one heck of an offensive and defensive line. This years line has some size, but I don't know if they have that nasty, tenacious, crazy foamin'-out-the-mouth attitude. But only time will tell. If it rains Friday, then you'll really get to see what that line is made of.

BDP

Ricky surpassed 2000 yards the first playoff game. Trust me. White House had 3,476 rushing yards that year and 1629 yards passing with close to 60% completion. Its all on the website. Or you could just take someone's word who blocked for the guy. Either way, there is no denying the potential that this team could put up some ridiculous numbers. Here's another little historical nugget for you. White House averaged almost 36 points a game in 2004. Next to that was the 1997 team's 29 ponts a game. They averaged 25 points a game last year and are returning every skilled position player. If they can crank out the numbers that the 2004 bunch did, they could play in Murfreesboro this year without a doubt. The only thing I see different from these guys and the 2004 guys is that the 2004 guys had one heck of an offensive and defensive line. This years line has some size, but I don't know if they have that nasty, tenacious, crazy foamin'-out-the-mouth attitude. But only time will tell. If it rains Friday, then you'll really get to see what that line is made of.

BDP

[/quot

I WOULD LIKE TO COMPARE THE SKILL POSITIONS FROM THOSE TEAMS. AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE IT'S ALL TALK ON HERE. THIS YEARS PLAYERS HAVE'NT EVEN WON A GAME YET. THEY HAVE TO PROVE IT ON THE FIELD. BUT AS A FAN IT'S FUN TO COMPARE.

1997 / 2004 / 2008

QB-JOHNATHON FINCH / KYLE LEVERING / TROX GREENWADE

RB-BRIAN JONES / AARON HARGROVE / CODY ALLEN

RB- ? / RICKY LADD / DEMARQUIS PAYNE

RB- ? / JUSTIN WEST / BRIAN DIXON

TE-PETE BLOODWORTH / HOUSTON WEEKLEY / ZACH DUTY

WR-JOSH LANIUS / CODY HARMON / MATT PARKER

WR-CORY COKER / CHAD BROADRICK / CHAD NEAL

WR-RYAN SHERILL / RIPPON / DEMARIUS PAYNE

WR- ? / HOBBS / CHASE NEAL

WR- ? / #36 I THINK . / MATT MOSELY

#36 WAS A SUPER RECIEVER ON THE 04 TEAM BUT I CANT REMEMBER HIS NAME. THE 97 TEAM HAD SOME GREAT LINEMAN JUST LIKE THE 04 TEAM. THIS YEARS SKILL PLAYERS COULD BE THE BEST OF THE BUNCH. ALSO THE 04 TEAM HAD ALOT OF DEPTH AT WR JUST LIKE THIS YEARS TEAM HAS. SOMEONE ADD THOSE PLAYERS NAMES THAT I CANT REMEMBER. ALSO WHAT IS THAT WEBSITE ADDRESS??? I DONT REMEMBER IF THE 97 TEAM HAD TO GO ON THE ROAD IN THE QUARTERS AND THE SEMIS, BUT I THINK THEY DID. I DO KNOW THAT THE 04 TEAM HAD TO GO TO MELROSE IN THE SEMIS AND BARELY LOST. ON A NUETRAL FIELD I THINK WHITE HOUSE WOULDVE WON. I ALSO KNOW THAT THE QUARTERS AND SEMIS ARE ON THE ROAD THIS YEAR IF WHITE HOUSE CAN MAKE IT THAT FAR.

EVERYONE SEEMS TO REMEMBER THE 1997 AND THE 2004 TEAM,I ALSO REMEMBER THE 1993 SEMIFINAL TEAM THAT WAS BEHIND IN 9OF 13 GAMES,TALK ABOUT SKILL PLAYERS WE HAD TO MANY TO LIST!I CAN REMEMBER DANNY CANTRELL OUR LINEBACKER MAKING 5 OR 6 SNOT KNOCKING TACKLES ON BACKS BEHIND THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE.ALEX KEELER WAS OUR SLOTBACK AND KICK RETURN MAN AND CORNER,HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST BACKS TO EVER PLAY AT WHHS.QB-TREY COKER[ROCKET ARM],JOEY PARCHMAN-FB,LB,DE.DANNY DAY-SS,WR.WES LANKFORD-OT,DT[94'MR.FOOTBALL CANDIDATE].JAMIE NIX-OG,DE,DT.MARCUS TAYLOR-KICK RETURN,ALL PURPOSE [sPEED DEMON!]JOEY LAMBORN-TB,LB.ADAM SPIVEY-WR,CB.LIST GOES ON.I THINK IT'S TIME THAT TEAM WAS REMEMBERED FOR ALMOST CLIMBING THAT FINAL MOUNTAIN!ALSO DON'T FORGET THE 90' TEAM EITHER WITH TAILBACK JAMES TAYLOR [J.T].HARLAN [MADDOG]MAPES.THE TEAM WAS LOADED.

Here kitty....kitty.....kitty........

I am going to go old school and say White House 14, Portand 13. With the victory capped off by a 99 yard drive......lol.

This is a great rivalry and I only wish that I could catch this game. It would be fun to see the Devils and Panthers get after each other.

Good Luck Friday, and with the rest of your season! BDP

I noticed in another thread that the White House new site has been updated. There is a chart under the historical section that compares team stats from the past. Kris would have to give you individual stats, I don't think they have individual stats archived, but if they do I can't find it. Here are the team stat comparisons:

WH 1997

Rushing: 2633

Passing: 2110

Total Offense: 4733

WH 1998

Rushing: 3778

Passing: 779

Total Offense: 4557

WH 2004

Rushing: 3476

Passing: 1813

Total Offense: 5289

WH 2007

Rushing: 2661

Passing: 1320

Total Offense: 3981

This team has a long way to go to match offensively the firepower from the 1997 and the 2004 bunch. And don't get clouded in the stats, those teams had a MONSTER offensive line and that's where Coach Porter has indicated in the previews this team needs to find itself. I'm looking forward to watching them try...lot of talent, but those are some high expectations. Let's watch them be themselves.

Here's the chart if you want to look at it:

Team Stat Chart

The new site looks great by the way...lots of great volunteers at White House doing a tremendous job to help the staff behind the scenes.

www.whitehousefootball.com

#36 was Dwayne Gibbs.

Needless to say, they have the athletes. It really just depends on the play of the lineman whether or not this team does well. And the coaches will tell them the same thing. If the lineman play like crap, this team will lose. If they play well, they will win. Plain and simple.

You can also tell him that Mark was the first name of the '04 receiver with the last name "Rippon".

As far as the game goes...........GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!