Region 7-4A

Red Warrior

Who does everyone in the region open with? Who plays week zero? Will Munford have recruits this year after it was shown last year that they couldn't win big without them? Will Northwest be improved and present a challenge to Henry County? Will the new JCM coaching staff make a difference this year? Who will compete with Henry County for the region championship? Will Northside or Henry County be the team to beat? Will the Henry County-Hardin County game for all the marbles again? Can Henry County possibly be as good, or better, than last year? Will Brighton finally be a real factor in the region race? Will Liberty's talent finally allow them to turn the corner?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does everyone in the region open with? Who plays week zero? Will Munford have recruits this year after it was shown last year that they couldn't win big without them? Will Northwest be improved and present a challenge to Henry County? Will the new JCM coaching staff make a difference this year? Who will compete with Henry County for the region championship? Will Northside or Henry County be the team to beat? Will the Henry County-Hardin County game for all the marbles again? Can Henry County possibly be as good, or better, than last year? Will Brighton finally be a real factor in the region race? Will Liberty's talent finally allow them to turn the corner?

Good morning...my "Redfullingly Warriorful" friend!!! IT is football time!!!!!!!!!!!!! The YANKER will now answer many of your questions. The YANKER knows nothing about NW...and I do not want to know more than I now know...The JCM coaching staff WILL make a diference SOON...Northside will probably WIN the region title (HC cannot defeat Jackson teams when they are good)...Munford will be good enough to compete with...but lose to...JCM........The HC-Hardin County game will be for second place...Henry County will NOT be as good as they were last year...Brighton will be better than last year...Liberty will NOT turn the corner...I AM THE "RIGHT ON TARGET" YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you Red Warrior! Finally a new thread. I am glad to see it. I do think that NW will be better than last year due to an article in the Leaf Chronicle a few weeks back. However, I do not think they have turned the corner yet. Northside has turned the corner and will contend for the Region Championship. Hardin County will be good but not good enough this year (3rd in the region maybe?). JCM's coach will bring order from chaos but next year is when they will see the real dividends. Munford and Brighton will battle for 3rd or 4th playoff spot. And yes, The Big Red can be as good as last year. It ALL depends on how our line on both sides of the ball mature over the next two to three weeks. The biggest game in the region will likely be October 24th when Henry County visits Northside. That should be a great show!!!

Go Big Red!!!

Here is the Region outlook...according to your local YANKER.

1......Northside (IT is a proven fact that HC cannot beat a Jackson team when they are good)

2......Henry County

3......Hardin County

4......JCM (The surprise team of the region)

5......Liberty (The turncoats who left JCM for Liberty will return sooner than later)

6......Munford

7......Brighton

The region will be better from top to bottom than it has been for a while. The bottom three teams could finish in a different order...and JCM could finish higher if the turnaround is quicker than even an optimistic YANKER expects!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering the talent that is new to Henry County via transfer this year, I find it amusing that you can't start a thread without the Munford comment. Is it because you lost to Munford one time, 2 years ago? Let it go, you are the region champs, earned the title and will be until something happens (like a region loss).

Liberty will be dangerous with their talent coming back, Brighton is always a mystery and I know Hardin has the athletes and coaches to win the 2nd slot. JCM is on the road back but you have to guess it will take more than this year to make a big difference although they have athletes and with good coaching could surprise a few teams. It's all in a race for 2, 3 & 4.

Munford, as said many times, is young and inexperienced. They play Haywood in the Jamboree so we won't expect great things for that practice but will hope to show some potential. Replacing a Sr QB is always tough, trying to do it with almost a completely new O-Line makes it even tougher. The good news is that Jrs and Sophs will get a load of experience for next year.

Good luck to all the teams and let's hope for a competitive, injury free (or at least major) and fun season.

Considering the talent that is new to Henry County via transfer this year, I find it amusing that you can't start a thread without the Munford comment. Is it because you lost to Munford one time, 2 years ago? Let it go, you are the region champs, earned the title and will be until something happens (like a region loss).

Liberty will be dangerous with their talent coming back, Brighton is always a mystery and I know Hardin has the athletes and coaches to win the 2nd slot. JCM is on the road back but you have to guess it will take more than this year to make a big difference although they have athletes and with good coaching could surprise a few teams. It's all in a race for 2, 3 & 4.

Munford, as said many times, is young and inexperienced. They play Haywood in the Jamboree so we won't expect great things for that practice but will hope to show some potential. Replacing a Sr QB is always tough, trying to do it with almost a completely new O-Line makes it even tougher. The good news is that Jrs and Sophs will get a load of experience for next year.

Good luck to all the teams and let's hope for a competitive, injury free (or at least major) and fun season.

The transfer that Henry County got came from out of state; not from down the road. And I am willing to bet that he will not move back to where he came from as soon as the season is over. Speaking about Munford; why is it that they don't turn in their information to Murphy Fair for the magazine? How tough is that to do? Or is it that they are smarter than all of those dumb coaches who cooperate? They don't swap films with other coaches and they don't even cooperate with Murphy Fair. What's the problem over in Munford? Are those teams who choose to cooperate with other teams (film swapping) and cooperate with Murphy Fair, just plain stupid? Those are the reasons for the Munford comments. I simply do not understand the lack of cooperation. What is the purpose for this lack of cooperation? You tell me, or better yet, refer the question to wtnoff or cougarmike. They have never been able to adequately explain the reasoning. I coached elsewhere for over 30 years and I can tell you that the Munford way, is not the norm. If they have a great reason for such blatant non-cooperation, then share it with the rest of the state. Enlighten us please. You did not mention Northside. What are your thoughts about their team? I expect Munford to contend for a playoff spot, but Brighten is a mystery, as you say. I also extend good luck to all teams in the region and definitely hope for no injuries to anyone who plays this great game.

Great to hear from you Red Warrior! Finally a new thread. I am glad to see it. I do think that NW will be better than last year due to an article in the Leaf Chronicle a few weeks back. However, I do not think they have turned the corner yet. Northside has turned the corner and will contend for the Region Championship. Hardin County will be good but not good enough this year (3rd in the region maybe?). JCM's coach will bring order from chaos but next year is when they will see the real dividends. Munford and Brighton will battle for 3rd or 4th playoff spot. And yes, The Big Red can be as good as last year. It ALL depends on how our line on both sides of the ball mature over the next two to three weeks. The biggest game in the region will likely be October 24th when Henry County visits Northside. That should be a great show!!!

Go Big Red!!!

I am a Big Red fan but I am much more realistic than I think you are. I have seen no indication that we will be as good as we were last year. Our defense is weak up front and we have no passing game at all. Were you at the scrimmage a week ago? If you were, then you must not have watched it. If you weren't, then you didn't miss much.

Here is the Region outlook...according to your local YANKER.

1......Northside (IT is a proven fact that HC cannot beat a Jackson team when they are good)

2......Henry County

3......Hardin County

4......JCM (The surprise team of the region)

5......Liberty (The turncoats who left JCM for Liberty will return sooner than later)

6......Munford

7......Brighton

The region will be better from top to bottom than it has been for a while. The bottom three teams could finish in a different order...and JCM could finish higher if the turnaround is quicker than even an optimistic YANKER expects!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This makes more sense than most of your posts, yet you are wrong on almost everything you say. Northside will not win the region and JCM will not make the playoffs. Northside will be very good and would win the region before JCM would make the playoffs, however.

I am a Big Red fan but I am much more realistic than I think you are. I have seen no indication that we will be as good as we were last year. Our defense is weak up front and we have no passing game at all. Were you at the scrimmage a week ago? If you were, then you must not have watched it. If you weren't, then you didn't miss much.

Realgame, maybe you should change your name to unrealgame. Or maybe just open your eyes up a bit. I would not call us "weak upfront" on defense. Two in particular anchor the frontline - Allen (no not Dominique) and Miliken. Both BIG and both STRONG. How good they will be come game day is still up in the air, but I am more realistic in saying that our coaching staff is far greater than you give them credit for. They will be ready. You must be one of those pessimistic fans that likes to complain and then when something does not go well say "I told you so."

No passing game at all?!?!? You must be blind! Especially if you are what you call "a regular on the hill." We have a much better receiving corps than last year, a much stronger backfield than last year, and our line is absolutely no worse or better than it was last year at this exact time when we had scrimmaged Hopkinsville and Lone Oak. Surely you remember this, or maybe you are not really who you say you are - a Big Red fan...

I was at the scrimmage and this is what I saw. We did a lot of subbin I guess to see how deep we are. I noticed marsalis didn't play as hard as he could, I'm guessin to keep from gettin hurt. And dominique and mac did very well. As for our pass game we are returnin our most consistent reciever from last year. Our o line and our defense will get better. And after 2 weeks of practice, another scrimage, and then another week of practice I believe we will be ready. You have to remember we have one of the best coaching staffs in the state.

The transfer that Henry County got came from out of state; not from down the road. And I am willing to bet that he will not move back to where he came from as soon as the season is over. Speaking about Munford; why is it that they don't turn in their information to Murphy Fair for the magazine? How tough is that to do? Or is it that they are smarter than all of those dumb coaches who cooperate? They don't swap films with other coaches and they don't even cooperate with Murphy Fair. What's the problem over in Munford? Are those teams who choose to cooperate with other teams (film swapping) and cooperate with Murphy Fair, just plain stupid? Those are the reasons for the Munford comments. I simply do not understand the lack of cooperation. What is the purpose for this lack of cooperation? You tell me, or better yet, refer the question to wtnoff or cougarmike. They have never been able to adequately explain the reasoning. I coached elsewhere for over 30 years and I can tell you that the Munford way, is not the norm. If they have a great reason for such blatant non-cooperation, then share it with the rest of the state. Enlighten us please. You did not mention Northside. What are your thoughts about their team? I expect Munford to contend for a playoff spot, but Brighten is a mystery, as you say. I also extend good luck to all teams in the region and definitely hope for no injuries to anyone who plays this great game.

I was not suggesting anything about the HC transfer and understand completely how he got there. Transfers happen everyday across the region. I don't "question" HC's morals or ability to attrack good players for any reason. Where a kid chooses to go to school is a personal choice that may include moving if the parents want to do it. I wouldn't do it but my situation is different and football isn't the only way out for my children. As long as a kid lives in the district and can prove their status then what can you do but move on.

As far as the rest of your concerns with Munford then I can't address them one way or another. Understand the difference but every coach has the right to participate or not. If there is a TSSAA rule on it then I guess they would have to do the same thing. Not sure any coach has to explain it or not, I make it a point not to interfere with any coach's approach unless there are serious implications to the kids. I can see it would be inconvenient and seem like non-cooperation but I don't allow them to question how or what I do for a living either....

Northside will be really good. Better then Liberty and I actually mentioned the wrong Jackson school in my earlier post. I assume HC plays at Northside this year and that could be the toughest district game they face.

Should be a fun season and I'll leave comments about transfers alone. It appears to be a re-occuring theme on the board and it really isn't worth much more coverage. Good luck to all.

Realgame, maybe you should change your name to unrealgame. Or maybe just open your eyes up a bit. I would not call us "weak upfront" on defense. Two in particular anchor the frontline - Allen (no not Dominique) and Miliken. Both BIG and both STRONG. How good they will be come game day is still up in the air, but I am more realistic in saying that our coaching staff is far greater than you give them credit for. They will be ready. You must be one of those pessimistic fans that likes to complain and then when something does not go well say "I told you so."

No passing game at all?!?!? You must be blind! Especially if you are what you call "a regular on the hill." We have a much better receiving corps than last year, a much stronger backfield than last year, and our line is absolutely no worse or better than it was last year at this exact time when we had scrimmaged Hopkinsville and Lone Oak. Surely you remember this, or maybe you are not really who you say you are - a Big Red fan...

My eyes have been open but obviously yours have been closed. I have rarely seen Miliken line up on defense yet you call him an anchor on our defensive line. Allen is strong and big but plays with little technique. The coaches may be good but they don't play. I am not pessimistic just realistic, which you are not. Did you go to the scrimmage? Our passing game has been good against air in practice but was a no-show in the scrimmage. I am a Big Red fan but I speak with my head instead of my heart. You need to try to do the same for a change.