Region 7-4A

Red Warrior

Look back at my earlier post from Mon. night and you'll see that I have not said everything was peachy, but it is only a scrimmage and scrimmages are designed to see areas of strength and areas of weakness. I'm not going to get hateful and bicker with a fellow Patriot fan because that is counter productive and looks ridiculous to our fans and the fans of other team throughout the state. Let's all just say we're excited about the upcoming game and let our players and coaches worry about the finer points of the game. 10 more days to kickoff!!!

The YANKER is LOVING every minute of this foolishness!!! ONlY in Henryland could this occur!!! You folks cannot handle prosperity!!! HC will NOT win the region...your FANS cannot deal with your own success!!!!! I AM THE HAPPY, IF NOT DELIRIOUS, YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The YANKER is LOVING every minute of this foolishness!!! ONlY in Henryland could this occur!!! You folks cannot handle prosperity!!! HC will NOT win the region...your FANS cannot deal with your own success!!!!! I AM THE HAPPY, IF NOT DELIRIOUS, YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yanker we in Henry Land are dealing with things just fine. At least I am! Pats will deal with their success when the season is over not before. THey bottled some of last year's juice, you might need some for your Delirium.

I see a scrimmage as a skirmish not a game. The winner is the team that is able to identify weaknesses and improve upon them and can complete the skirmish without injury. I would say the Pats coaching staff looks at those skirmishes the same way.

The trenches are critical for any team success. The tough part of the line is you are having to replace 3-4-5 or more players each year not 1 back or 1-2 receivers. It will be a fun and exciting year to see how the line improves and matures from game 1.

Look back at my earlier post from Mon. night and you'll see that I have not said everything was peachy, but it is only a scrimmage and scrimmages are designed to see areas of strength and areas of weakness. I'm not going to get hateful and bicker with a fellow Patriot fan because that is counter productive and looks ridiculous to our fans and the fans of other team throughout the state. Let's all just say we're excited about the upcoming game and let our players and coaches worry about the finer points of the game. 10 more days to kickoff!!!

Just a note of interest. A reporter from the Tennessean is at practice today talking to folks and making pictures. Seems that we may finally be getting some respect across the state and some media coverage from the middle TN folks.

Yanker we in Henry Land are dealing with things just fine. At least I am! Pats will deal with their success when the season is over not before. THey bottled some of last year's juice, you might need some for your Delirium.

I see a scrimmage as a skirmish not a game. The winner is the team that is able to identify weaknesses and improve upon them and can complete the skirmish without injury. I would say the Pats coaching staff looks at those skirmishes the same way.

The trenches are critical for any team success. The tough part of the line is you are having to replace 3-4-5 or more players each year not 1 back or 1-2 receivers. It will be a fun and exciting year to see how the line improves and matures from game 1.

Great points wingman! Both O and D lines for any team are imperative for success.

Just a note of interest. A reporter from the Tennessean is at practice today talking to folks and making pictures. Seems that we may finally be getting some respect across the state and some media coverage from the middle TN folks.

Thats pretty cool! Maybe they can send him to Jackson and photograph the elusive yanker!! lol /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Now its time to play...........The Blame Game!!! Now that's amusing realgame.

Gosh, I guess all us sensitive fans are dead wrong. We need to open our eyes and see how pitiful our dear 'ol Patriots are!

You are bordering the absurd. I have stated a realistic opinion. I never mentioned the coaches. I never mentioned any individual until you did. You can't handle anything but totally positive. Like I said in another post, I certainly hope the coaches are realistic and not saying that things are just fine. There are definitely areas where we are weak and need to improve. Just as there are in Maryville, Hillsboro, Maplewood, Melrose and many others. And above all else, I hope that the coaches are not as sensitve as you seem to be. This is really pitiful. GO BIG RED!

You are bordering the absurd. I have stated a realistic opinion. I never mentioned the coaches. I never mentioned any individual until you did. You can't handle anything but totally positive. Like I said in another post, I certainly hope the coaches are realistic and not saying that things are just fine. There are definitely areas where we are weak and need to improve. Just as there are in Maryville, Hillsboro, Maplewood, Melrose and many others. And above all else, I hope that the coaches are not as sensitve as you seem to be. This is really pitiful. GO BIG RED!

all that has been said by realgame is negative and I have sat back and just read the mess everyday, yes our lines need work but their are a lot of positives going on out there and those young men are out there busting their butts everyday to get better and if they get on here all they see out of you is negative, I know mine comes home every night worn out and exhausted so how about a little praise for them!!!!!! Go Big Red

all that has been said by realgame is negative and I have sat back and just read the mess everyday, yes our lines need work but their are a lot of positives going on out there and those young men are out there busting their butts everyday to get better and if they get on here all they see out of you is negative, I know mine comes home every night worn out and exhausted so how about a little praise for them!!!!!! Go Big Red

I pointed out areas where we need major improvement. That doesn't mean these guys aren't working hard. It doesn't mean they won't improve and become VERY good. You seem just as sensitive as the rest of them. When was it a crime to say that an area of a football team needed to improve a lot? I think its ridiculous to get on here an talk about how great we are and not mention the areas that need a lot of work. I frankly think that I am a good balance to the unrealistic posters who say that two D1 prospects equal a state championship. Now that is ridiculous! Don't get me wrong, I would rather have them than play against them. But there presence guarantees NOTHING. I love where nour football team is compared to where it was a few short years ago. Who doesn't? But I would hope that everyone sees where we can get better, and stop being so sensitive about something that is not meant to be negatively critical, but is meant to be constructively critical. I want to be good enough to win all of our games. I apologize for being realistic and that's about all I will apologize for. Being realistic is sure better than having these kids read about how great they are when there is much room for improvement.

I pointed out areas where we need major improvement. That doesn't mean these guys aren't working hard. It doesn't mean they won't improve and become VERY good. You seem just as sensitive as the rest of them. When was it a crime to say that an area of a football team needed to improve a lot? I think its ridiculous to get on here an talk about how great we are and not mention the areas that need a lot of work. I frankly think that I am a good balance to the unrealistic posters who say that two D1 prospects equal a state championship. Now that is ridiculous! Don't get me wrong, I would rather have them than play against them. But there presence guarantees NOTHING. I love where nour football team is compared to where it was a few short years ago. Who doesn't? But I would hope that everyone sees where we can get better, and stop being so sensitive about something that is not meant to be negatively critical, but is meant to be constructively critical. I want to be good enough to win all of our games. I apologize for being realistic and that's about all I will apologize for. Being realistic is sure better than having these kids read about how great they are when there is much room for improvement.

Now realgame, that is about the best post I have read from you yet. It sounded much more constructive than it did critical, or even cynical as in many of your other posts. If you have followed anything I have said over the last few weeks, you might have noticed that I abhorred posting on the thread that said Henry County - who can stop us! I hate overconfidence probably more than you do my friend. And I call you a friend because like Patsfan said, you are a fellow Patriot and Big Red supporter. I personally don't feel that my posting has been overly optimistic or overconfident, as do folks like ooooooo and jyd. But that's there right just as you have a right to say whatever it is you want. But I do get defensive when I see a poster make overtly negative statements about the team. So with that said, I believe most everyone agrees the Big Red needs to work harder and get better - particularly in the trenches. So lets get back on track and talk some football!!! Can't wait for Friday's test against what is sure to be a great Father Ryan squad!!!

Now realgame, that is about the best post I have read from you yet. It sounded much more constructive than it did critical, or even cynical as in many of your other posts. If you have followed anything I have said over the last few weeks, you might have noticed that I abhorred posting on the thread that said Henry County - who can stop us! I hate overconfidence probably more than you do my friend. And I call you a friend because like Patsfan said, you are a fellow Patriot and Big Red supporter. I personally don't feel that my posting has been overly optimistic or overconfident, as do folks like ooooooo and jyd. But that's there right just as you have a right to say whatever it is you want. But I do get defensive when I see a poster make overtly negative statements about the team. So with that said, I believe most everyone agrees the Big Red needs to work harder and get better - particularly in the trenches. So lets get back on track and talk some football!!! Can't wait for Friday's test against what is sure to be a great Father Ryan squad!!!

I appreciate the kind words Drewcephus (i think), although now I am concerned that if you liked my post, I may have come across as too sensitive. I eagerly await the season. I have always been a bigger basketball fan than a football fan, but these last few years have made me a bigger football fan than I have ever thought about being. I may come across a little on the blunt side, but I am Big Red through and through, and I don't apologize for speaking frankly. I was not a fan of the thread that you refer to. I do feel that oooooo is ridiculously overconfident. I do not understand that. I think that he may be a Patriot fan who knows very little about football. On the other hand, he has the right to his opinion, just like I do mine, although his is ridiculous. I am sure that we will butt heads again, but I will see you at Father Ryan.

I appreciate the kind words Drewcephus (i think), although now I am concerned that if you liked my post, I may have come across as too sensitive. I eagerly await the season. I have always been a bigger basketball fan than a football fan, but these last few years have made me a bigger football fan than I have ever thought about being. I may come across a little on the blunt side, but I am Big Red through and through, and I don't apologize for speaking frankly. I was not a fan of the thread that you refer to. I do feel that oooooo is ridiculously overconfident. I do not understand that. I think that he may be a Patriot fan who knows very little about football. On the other hand, he has the right to his opinion, just like I do mine, although his is ridiculous. I am sure that we will butt heads again, but I will see you at Father Ryan.

You comments did strike me as a little hypersensitive!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Guest Advisor

I have not stated that #3 and #34 did not play well. I have said that we have problems in the defesive line and in the passing game. I am a Big Red fan. I always have been. What you have told me has nothing to do with my post. Were you even at the scrimmage? Do you think that a single TD pass makes for a good passing game? If so, then you also know very little about football. You are in a growing list of overly sensitive fans. I have been realistic and have spoken the truth. You need to try the to do the same. Meanwhile, don't be so sensitive.

"therealgame"; as the "ALL KNOWING ONE," I must tell you that it would help if you knew a little bit more about the difference in practice, pre-season, and regular season game management. More importantly, it might help if you knew a little bit more about who you are debating in this public forum! You seem to have some doubt concerning the "Prophet's" football background. I would say his accessment of the scrimmage with Humbolt and the HC passing game is fairly accurate in that he was a college QB himself! Like many others on this post, we all realize that Lamar will be wearing MSU blue this season and is no longer anchoring the HC defensive line. However, the sky isn't falling! The Viking's bus hasn't even left campus yet for their trip to HC and your ready to jump off Ned Ray's bridge!! Know your surroundings and you might not look like such an unrational fanatic! And No..........Drewcephus is not a coach! But he could be if he so desired!!