Region 7-4A

Red Warrior

My eyes have been open but obviously yours have been closed. I have rarely seen Miliken line up on defense yet you call him an anchor on our defensive line. Allen is strong and big but plays with little technique. The coaches may be good but they don't play. I am not pessimistic just realistic, which you are not. Did you go to the scrimmage? Our passing game has been good against air in practice but was a no-show in the scrimmage. I am a Big Red fan but I speak with my head instead of my heart. You need to try to do the same for a change.

My heart and my eyes work just fine thank you. I think I'll keep them the way they are. You can have your opinion as much as you want and I'll have mine. I see things much different from you because I have a much different view than you my friend. I saw the scrimmage and it was not all doom and gloom as you speak. Nor was it glitz and glory, like you apparently think I put it. What I saw was a coaching staff that knows precisely what it is doing. Drive to Nashville this Friday and you will see but a glimpse of what it will be like later in the year. Come to Patriot Stadium on the 22nd and you'll see another snap shot, but not nearly everything in the arsenal. But you are correct in that Miliken is not an anchor, I wrong about that one, its Bomar. Miliken will come through on the offensive side of the ball. Nonetheless, they'll be just fine.

So, with that being said, I am very excited about the prospects of this year. I believe in our coaches ability to get the line in the shape it needs to be a contender. I guess if you think that is thinking with my heart, then so be it. And for the record, it seems that you use the word "realistic" as an excuse to bash the Patriots saying things like "the line is soft" or better yet "weak" "Allen has little technique" "no passing game at all" "NO freshman will have an impact this year" well, I guess you enjoy putting the kids down. Of course that's your right to do so realgame...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart and my eyes work just fine thank you. I think I'll keep them the way they are. You can have your opinion as much as you want and I'll have mine. I see things much different from you because I have a much different view than you my friend. I saw the scrimmage and it was not all doom and gloom as you speak. Nor was it glitz and glory, like you apparently think I put it. What I saw was a coaching staff that knows precisely what it is doing. Drive to Nashville this Friday and you will see but a glimpse of what it will be like later in the year. Come to Patriot Stadium on the 22nd and you'll see another snap shot, but not nearly everything in the arsenal. But you are correct in that Miliken is not an anchor, I wrong about that one, its Bomar. Miliken will come through on the offensive side of the ball. Nonetheless, they'll be just fine.

So, with that being said, I am very excited about the prospects of this year. I believe in our coaches ability to get the line in the shape it needs to be a contender. I guess if you think that is thinking with my heart, then so be it. And for the record, it seems that you use the word "realistic" as an excuse to bash the Patriots saying things like "the line is soft" or better yet "weak" "Allen has little technique" "no passing game at all" "NO freshman will have an impact this year" well, I guess you enjoy putting the kids down. Of course that's your right to do so realgame...

Are you a coach? If so, you should spend your time working with the defense or the offensive line. If not, then don't defend the coaches so much, since I never attacked them anyway. You are the one who mentioned the names of some players, not I. I prefer to speak in general terms (defensive line, offensive line, passing game, etc.). I do not mean to "bash" the Patriots. I simply state the truth as I see it. I can love the Patriots and still see weaknesses. I think all of you who believe this team to be as good or better than last year's team need a dose a reality. Do you REALLY think our defensive line is as good as it was last year? Do you think our passing game REALLY looked good in our scrimmage? If you answered yes to EITHER of those questions, then you know NOTHING about football. That being said, I do believe we will have a very good team but we have a LONGER way to go in those areas than we did at this time last year.

I don't think you can take anything from the scrimmage at humboldt. I think the coaches were tryin a lot of things out. We only had 4 days in pads. And everybody keeps sayin bad things but we won. That's all that matters. Both lines did a lot of subbin so you couldn't really tell what they could do. I did think the o line had some problems but they looked good at times too. As for our recievers we didn't even throw the ball much. We know how good skylars hands are and Nored dropped a easy pass but then he caught a touchdown. I think fridays scrimage we will be a lot better. And I think by august 22nd you will see a completely different team than you saw at the humboldt scrimmage.

I am shocked (shocked!!) that Henry County at this precise moment isn't as good as they were at the end of the season!! Obviously the players have taken the entire summer off and the coaches haven't done their job. No doubt that this season is already down the tube. Call off the season. If only the players and the team in general could improve as the season moves on, if only.

Man I am sorry I have been a way for a while, but it sure is great that it is football time in Tennessee!!

I still get chills thinking about ole John Ward saying that for my vols!!!!

The Big Red will be fine. We have the best coach in the state and a coaching staff that is behind him. I really do not see us being tested until the playoffs. 10-0 will be the record and then on to the playoffs.

I am going to Nashville to see the boys and I can't wait.

I really don't see what the big worry is about. I mean we have a guy that Florida is recruiting and one that is going to the GREAT BIG ORANGE!

and now add in Mac and I really see us as unstoppable!!

I do think with my heart, but my heart says 10-0 and then 3-0 and the semis in Nashville vs. Maplewood or Hillsboro!!

I am shocked (shocked!!) that Henry County at this precise moment isn't as good as they were at the end of the season!! Obviously the players have taken the entire summer off and the coaches haven't done their job. No doubt that this season is already down the tube. Call off the season. If only the players and the team in general could improve as the season moves on, if only.

My point is that our team is not as good right now as we were this time last season. I realize that we aren't as good as we were at the end of the season and I would not expect us to be. I think all of you are unrealistic and too sensitive. The fact that we have two D1 prospects this year has clouded your minds. Guess what! Fairley and Melrose have at least two every year and we have been beating them. Stop being so sensitive and be realistic. Our defense is weak at the moment and our offensive line has a ways to go. Our passing game was poor against Humboldt. I expect all phases to improve but I am realistic when I say the things that I do. Some of you need to try to be realistic at least some of the time.

Man I am sorry I have been a way for a while, but it sure is great that it is football time in Tennessee!!

I still get chills thinking about ole John Ward saying that for my vols!!!!

The Big Red will be fine. We have the best coach in the state and a coaching staff that is behind him. I really do not see us being tested until the playoffs. 10-0 will be the record and then on to the playoffs.

I am going to Nashville to see the boys and I can't wait.

I really don't see what the big worry is about. I mean we have a guy that Florida is recruiting and one that is going to the GREAT BIG ORANGE!

and now add in Mac and I really see us as unstoppable!!

I do think with my heart, but my heart says 10-0 and then 3-0 and the semis in Nashville vs. Maplewood or Hillsboro!!

I do agree that Mac will be a huge asset. Its just too bad that he is not a defensive lineman. Like I said earlier, Fairley and Melrose have at least two D1 recruits every year and we have been beating them. You are putting too much stock in that fact. It means very little. Just ask Fairley and Melrose.

HEHEHEHE Surely they worked a little this summer? The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! GUYS, it was just a scrimmage. Any coach worth a grain uses scrimmages to assess their team and give players experience. We know what Marsalis and Dominique can do. Mac looked pretty good and will be an asset to the team. We have some problem areas to work out, but what team doesn't? I guess you guys want us to peak by August 22nd? That makes alot of sense! Also whether we are as good or bad as last year at this time is objective and really cannot be proven or disproven so why argue it. I don't even begin to know the intricacies of football, but I enjoy watching it as well as several dozen other sports and I know that pre season games win or lose mean nothing more than the effort to play them. They are what they are which is an opportunity for two teams to knock someone other than their own team around gain some semi game experience.

We've been to two semi finals in a row ,enjoy the ride people!!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" /> Hopefully with some hard work and a little luck we clear the hump this year!!! Have faith in our coaching staff and our team to work out the kinks!

Are you a coach? If so, you should spend your time working with the defense or the offensive line. If not, then don't defend the coaches so much, since I never attacked them anyway. You are the one who mentioned the names of some players, not I. I prefer to speak in general terms (defensive line, offensive line, passing game, etc.). I do not mean to "bash" the Patriots. I simply state the truth as I see it. I can love the Patriots and still see weaknesses. I think all of you who believe this team to be as good or better than last year's team need a dose a reality. Do you REALLY think our defensive line is as good as it was last year? Do you think our passing game REALLY looked good in our scrimmage? If you answered yes to EITHER of those questions, then you know NOTHING about football. That being said, I do believe we will have a very good team but we have a LONGER way to go in those areas than we did at this time last year.

No, I am not a coach. Coach Younger will be working plenty with the offensive line as will Coach Thompson on the Defensive line. I will defend the coaches because your attacks are very sly in how you think our team looks. To put it simply, we don't agree. I see potential, you see weakness. There is strength in both of those views. One sees the rose the other sees the thorns. You are more "realistic," therefore its ok for you to be so negative. I am more optimistic so its ok for me to be positive. I have lived my life with a good combination of heart, and I will do the same with my football. You can say this is being sensitive, but to me there is always a way to talk about improvement in non-negative ways. Is there room for our D-line to improve and get stronger and more physical? Absolutely. But there is no reason in the world to call them weak!

Now, for the football talk - I happen to think that we do not have a longer way to go than we did last year at this time. Its just my opinion. We are a different team than last year with some very skilled players returning but some very important positions to be filled - same as last year this time. If you don't believe me then go back and check out the arguments that took place last year after our first scrimmage.

Red Dawn - I think you are right on track. We will peak at the appropriate time and it will not be August 22nd! wingman, RedPride, prophet - where are you guys at?!?!?

No, I am not a coach. Coach Younger will be working plenty with the offensive line as will Coach Thompson on the Defensive line. I will defend the coaches because your attacks are very sly in how you think our team looks. To put it simply, we don't agree. I see potential, you see weakness. There is strength in both of those views. One sees the rose the other sees the thorns. You are more "realistic," therefore its ok for you to be so negative. I am more optimistic so its ok for me to be positive. I have lived my life with a good combination of heart, and I will do the same with my football. You can say this is being sensitive, but to me there is always a way to talk about improvement in non-negative ways. Is there room for our D-line to improve and get stronger and more physical? Absolutely. But there is no reason in the world to call them weak!

Now, for the football talk - I happen to think that we do not have a longer way to go than we did last year at this time. Its just my opinion. We are a different team than last year with some very skilled players returning but some very important positions to be filled - same as last year this time. If you don't believe me then go back and check out the arguments that took place last year after our first scrimmage.

Red Dawn - I think you are right on track. We will peak at the appropriate time and it will not be August 22nd! wingman, RedPride, prophet - where are you guys at?!?!?

I am fully aware that the coaches you mention will do their jobs. When I say that an area is "weak", I do not speak of their physical strength, because I have no idea how strong they are in the weight room, nor do I care. I think a "weakness" on our team right now is the defensive line. If you know football, you will agree. If you don't know football, which you apparently don't, then you will continue preaching your lessons to me on "negative vs. positive". I do not think we looked particularly sharp last year in the scrimmages and we look less sharp this year. If you attended the scrimmage, then you didn't watch it. We didn't pass or catch the ball well. As far as peaking, I do not think there is any danger of us peaking anytime soon, so that should make you and your sensitive friends happy.

You people up in Henryland continue to amaze an amused YANKER!!! You do NOT have any idea how to handle success...because it is so rare up your way!!! You are fighting among yourselves like you were two years ago. Before too long, Team Mom will be back to join the fray!!!!! You can forget about the region championship...that will belong to Northside...but the YANKER hopes that you continue to beat up one another...for that is a battle that you may actually be able to win!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fully aware that the coaches you mention will do their jobs. When I say that an area is "weak", I do not speak of their physical strength, because I have no idea how strong they are in the weight room, nor do I care. I think a "weakness" on our team right now is the defensive line. If you know football, you will agree. If you don't know football, which you apparently don't, then you will continue preaching your lessons to me on "negative vs. positive". I do not think we looked particularly sharp last year in the scrimmages and we look less sharp this year. If you attended the scrimmage, then you didn't watch it. We didn't pass or catch the ball well. As far as peaking, I do not think there is any danger of us peaking anytime soon, so that should make you and your sensitive friends happy.

realgame, get over yourself. Nobody really cares what you think so its not going to make anybody happy or unhappy. From the sounds of your posts, it is apparent that I have forgotten more about football than you currently know. But its my opinion that we are just as sharp this year as last - which wasn't too much the beginning of August.

You people up in Henryland continue to amaze an amused YANKER!!! You do NOT have any idea how to handle success...because it is so rare up your way!!! You are fighting among yourselves like you were two years ago. Before too long, Team Mom will be back to join the fray!!!!! You can forget about the region championship...that will belong to Northside...but the YANKER hopes that you continue to beat up one another...for that is a battle that you may actually be able to win!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THE LEGENDARY YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Yanker! Yeah, we've found a new Team Mom disguised under a new name. There is always some joker who likes to get on here and bash the team or coaches with negative comments and call themselves realistic. Oh my, I think my sensitive side is coming out - I might need to cry on your shoulder a while Yanker! This reminds of how you used to upset me so much a few years ago. /happy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="^_^" border="0" alt="happy.gif" />