4a vs. 5a; Greeneville vs. Jefferson County; Week 0

DevilFan77

Most people are sooo sick of hearing about the new field at GHS as well the team. They are so overrated it's not even funny. It was hilarious they lost on opening night on their new field. Heard the streaker was the best part of the game. Atleast it will give the GHS fans something to talk about besides the game. Way to go Jeff County!! Couldn't have been any sweeter! Hope every one who plays GHS drills them into their new turf. With all the money spent on GHS's coach, field & trying to buy county players I bet they have some highly disappointed investors. Good look to all who play them I hope they lose every game. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

LoL...this guy is probably mad because his girlfriend would rather come watch Greeneville play. I hear alot of those pretty little county girls are finding their way into Burley stadium on Friday nights.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyway, how many times do you guys need to be reminded by this little ol' granny that SIZE DOESN"T MATTER.

exactly!!! How do you think Alcoa got started??? I know they didn't start building there program buy getting on here an crying because they didn't get a "new rug' .they are a 2A school that can beat darn near every school in TN.

4THANDGOAL

HAHA how bout 4THANDLONG

Oh i was referring to the gentleman on this thread who is actually retired...LoL

I don't know about the retired gentlemans bedtime but this lady tries to get through Friday Night Hits on channel 11.Their the only one who makes it down to Greene County.

exactly!!! How do you think Alcoa got started??? I know they didn't start building there program buy getting on here an crying because they didn't get a "new rug' .they are a 2A school that can beat darn near every school in TN.

HAHA how bout 4THANDLONG

I was thinkin' 3ANDOUT

Wow barb i hope i wasn't this difficult last year. Ok so who cares who u are and where u go. Why does the city get better facilities then the county. First off b/c the city outperforms the county in anything except larry ricker's 2 state titles. Lets play football since 98' you could probably take N.G., C.D, and W.G. combine all there wins and greeneville would still be ahead. Now ask yourself why would anyone wanna contribute to these losing sports. Right now South and North Greene are getting new band rooms. Also how come u get on here and run your yapper about county schools not having this or that. The reason that GHS has this big new nice school is because a man around here wants Ghs to be the center of greeneville and for people moving in here what do they see when they get on tusculum blvd. Also the pay diff. of teachers is a good 10%. Ask yourself has the county asked for any upgrading of facilities. Don't even go talking about west greene all they need there is to build on not to build a new school. Chucky doak has a h.s. that is what going on 5 years now don't u think the investors had a hand in that. If the county schools want something alls they need to do is ask or start winning. Oh and u also mentioned something about county kids transferring. Well if i was a good athlete and had the option of going 1-9,2-8 ; i would definately go to a city school where i new i would pretty much be called a winner. Now ur sitting 4THANDGOAL with your head between your legs. Don't go trying to bring that trash back again

You were kinda annoying at first but once you turned away from the dark side you were OK /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

The truth is the city schools always have and always will get more than the county schools and better pay for their teachers, as well as highly paid coaches. In case you don't read the paper the county is scrambling to pay for fuel, the raise on electric bills coming in Oct. and the latest cut is no new books in our libraries, so just asking isn't even an option. Just covering the basics for our schools is a struggle. They have to struggle while city schools have people lining up to hand them money. We ARE very appreciative of anything we get.

The truth is the city schools always have and always will get more than the county schools and better pay for their teachers, as well as highly paid coaches. In case you don't read the paper the county is scrambling to pay for fuel, the raise on electric bills coming in Oct. and the latest cut is no new books in our libraries, so just asking isn't even an option. Just covering the basics for our schools is a struggle. They have to struggle while city schools have people lining up to hand them money. We ARE very appreciative of anything we get.

Well the city doesn't have to spread it quite as far as the county does...in truth, the sheer number of county schools is daunting, combined with the lack of effective fundraising and the impact is devastating. The difference is, if any of the city schools were facing a similar situation with their libraries, parents would organize fundraisers and find a way to correct the problem......people aren't lining up to hand them money. However, we will line up to ask for help from anyone capable of providing it. Parkins knows someone will step up with help for the libraries...but just ask for salary increases and half the county population has a coronary.

Well the city doesn't have to spread it quite as far as the county does...in truth, the sheer number of county schools is daunting, combined with the lack of effective fundraising and the impact is devastating. The difference is, if any of the city schools were facing a similar situation with their libraries, parents would organize fundraisers and find a way to correct the problem......people aren't lining up to hand them money. However, we will line up to ask for help from anyone capable of providing it. Parkins knows someone will step up with help for the libraries...but just ask for salary increases and half the county population has a coronary.

New rules have been placed on fundraising that limit them. The county parents are helpful in anyway they can be. I just want to know where is the lottery money that was supposed to help us all? It should be there for the shortfalls as well as teacher pay increases and improving all TN schools.

New rules have been placed on fundraising that limit them. The county parents are helpful in anyway they can be. I just want to know where is the lottery money that was supposed to help us all? It should be there for the shortfalls as well as teacher pay increases and improving all TN schools.

Rules do not limit fundraising...just fundraising groups. Existing boosters and parent groups(who should already be operating under the new guidelines)could raise this money or.......civic organization such as Ruritan could help with the money...Last time I checked lottery money was never allocated for budget shortfalls and teacher pay increases...those are usually funded with property tax increases and since not everyone who benefits from the public schools pays property taxes that's not gonna fly. (a wheel-tax increase would be the best option)

Anyway....it has nothing to do with football....thats politics. And we will be happy to have our friends from the county enjoy our beautiful new rug(or not) after next years TSSAA shake-up...what-ever that brings. Have a great season and play-safe. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Rules do not limit fundraising...just fundraising groups. Existing boosters and parent groups(who should already be operating under the new guidelines)could raise this money or.......civic organization such as Ruritan could help with the money...Last time I checked lottery money was never allocated for budget shortfalls and teacher pay increases...those are usually funded with property tax increases and since not everyone who benefits from the public schools pays property taxes that's not gonna fly. (a wheel-tax increase would be the best option)

Anyway....it has nothing to do with football....thats politics. And we will be happy to have our friends from the county enjoy our beautiful new rug(or not) after next years TSSAA shake-up...what-ever that brings. Have a great season and play-safe. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Same to you!