Perry County & Bill Walton & etc

Guest ComputerGuru

Guest ComputerGuru

I decided to take it upon myself to make a thread for imaviking to talk about all his Perry Co stuff on and for Bill Walton to say how bad players are and how they don't work hard. If you guys want to keep talking bad about the team talk bad about it here, the other thread is going to be a positive one from now on. ty and goodnight.

Guest topdog

Yes Kirk Haston is from Perry County and he is playing for the NBA. He has set an example for all and if one will only try they can achieve this too. But it takes lots of work.

• 1 year later...

Kirk Haston is the best role model their is. He was the top student in his class in high school, he lead his high school team too two state finals games (lost first time, won second), he played college ball at IU and made a big impact there, now he is playing Professional Basketball for the New Orleans Hornets. That's funny, he was a Hornet in Elementary School too. (Lobelville Hornets) Kirk is always friendly, never cusses, and after an unfortunate event that took his mothers life (A woman we loved so dear) he still elevated his goals. My hats off to Kirk Haston.

Opperman:

The only size that matters in sports is the size of your HEART. Look at Muggs, or Van Axle(don't know how to spell their names so bare with me). Some people aren't blessed with all the talent, or physical abilities, but were all have a heart as big as we want it to be. Best of luck to ya.

Opperman:

The only size that matters in sports is the size of your HEART. Look at Muggs, or Van Axle(don't know how to spell their names so bare with me). Some people aren't blessed with all the talent, or physical abilities, but were all have a heart as big as we want it to be. Best of luck to ya.

It's a combination of size and athletic ability. Muggsy Bogues, Nick Van Exel, and Spud Webb are/were quick as lightning, even if they aren't big...and Webb could jump out of the gym. I'm not. No matter how big a heart I had, there was zero chance I could have ever been a college player, and there wasn't much of a chance that I could have ever actually played in high school.