Grainger Grizzlies

Grizzleypower

Easy there Sis, don't get your panties in a wad!

Not sure why you think I am complaining. Just making an educated comment. I did not say Scott would be a top two team in Region 1, just said they would be a playoff team 2/3 years out of 4, and I will stick to my guns on this educated remark. (By the way what Indians team are you talking about beating Gibbs, Sequatchie Co, maybe) As far as Scott being average to below average, while this might surprise you, I agree. This is the point I have been trying to make. That an average team for 3A (Scott) would make the playoffs most years in Region 1. Why because region 1 is a below average region. Get it now, genious? Thanks for helping clear this up.

Not putting down any team in particular, just the region as a whole. Well maybe putting down the mighty Claiborne team, but lets face it, they had it coming. Talking about how they could play with anyone after that grand 8-2 season in a woefully below average region that year in particular.

As far as Scott's overall record against the other teams of region 1 the last ten years, please all knowing one explain that? Other than Claiborne and Gibbs who have they played? They have a dominant record against those two teams, and when they played Carter for two years it was a split. One other little tidbit my friend the other powerhouse in region 1 (Union county) has never beaten Scott. Seymour, well not sure they have played but one or two times, so i would guess that little comment about the record against region 1 would be somewhere around .700 to .750. thats not bad by the way!

Just so you know Gibbs only made the playoffs the last two years out of the last ten. In 06 Scott beat them by 5, but beat them by 44 last year. Gibbs has not been a very good football team the last 10 years. Claiborne Co. lost to Scott Co. in 03 and 04, the next two years Claiborne made the playoffs. The only two times that Claiborne Co. has made the playoffs in the last 10 years. As for what you called a powerhouse, Union Co., They made the playoffs in 04, and lost in a close one to AE by 8. You are right they split years with Carter. In 09 (Brummit years) Scott Co. by 7, in 00 Carter by 11. If Im not mistaken that was the last time Scott Co. made the playoffs. They have played in the toughest league in AAA for the last 4 years, but they have also played some pretty weak non-conference games as well. The teams that they have played from region 1 are teams that have only made the playoffs two times at the most. Gibbs 2 out of 10, Claiborne 2 out of 10, and Union 1 in 10. Once again I totally agree with Region 2 being much better than region 1. I just don't see the reasoning behind each year the Scott Co. fan club gets on here and puts down every team in region 1 when they play the weakest teams in region 1. I do think that Scott Co. would make the playoffs more often than they have, and probably make it 50% of the time. A big part of what many folks think about the Highlanders are their very weak non-conference schedule. Over the last 10 years teams such as some of these weaker region 1 teams, but also they are playing teams like Taft, and Wartburg. Scott Co. does have a winning percentage of over .700 as long as they are scheduling the weaker teams. Just like they will always have a 100% winning percentage over Wartburg and Taft. Sceduling Oliver Springs, Campbell Co., Powell, Clinton, or any other team close by would give the Highlanders a much better look in others eyes. As you can tell my heart-rate gets up there when I hear Scott Co. fans discuss how weak the other regions are and how great region 2 is. Everyone knows that, but every year we have to hear how great Scott would do if they were not in region 2. Until they play some formittable teams, (with winning records) and beat teams besides those cake-walk teams, they are never gonna get the respect they so long for. Just like when you got on here and mention the teams that Scott Co. Beat. They are not very good teams. Play somebody good non-conference and then get on here and tell us what your made of.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the heck happen to Grainger on Friday? I wasn't expecting that score! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Grainger's success will hinge on how soon they get a reliable rotation at RB and how well they adjust to playing 40 fronts...they've been mostly a 50 front defense for the last 20-some-odd years (when they were still Rutledge)...not a lot of time playing 40 fronts except when game-planning for passing teams.

The Grizz trailed 21-20 at the half scoring twice in the last 7 or 8 minutes to cut it to one...need to keep that kind of momentum rolling coming out of the locker room...

the real season begins in a week and a half...the first-ever home opener at the new stadium...and I'm not going to be there for it!

Just so you know Gibbs only made the playoffs the last two years out of the last ten. In 06 Scott beat them by 5, but beat them by 44 last year. Gibbs has not been a very good football team the last 10 years. Claiborne Co. lost to Scott Co. in 03 and 04, the next two years Claiborne made the playoffs. The only two times that Claiborne Co. has made the playoffs in the last 10 years. As for what you called a powerhouse, Union Co., They made the playoffs in 04, and lost in a close one to AE by 8. You are right they split years with Carter. In 09 (Brummit years) Scott Co. by 7, in 00 Carter by 11. If Im not mistaken that was the last time Scott Co. made the playoffs. They have played in the toughest league in AAA for the last 4 years, but they have also played some pretty weak non-conference games as well. The teams that they have played from region 1 are teams that have only made the playoffs two times at the most. Gibbs 2 out of 10, Claiborne 2 out of 10, and Union 1 in 10. Once again I totally agree with Region 2 being much better than region 1. I just don't see the reasoning behind each year the Scott Co. fan club gets on here and puts down every team in region 1 when they play the weakest teams in region 1. I do think that Scott Co. would make the playoffs more often than they have, and probably make it 50% of the time. A big part of what many folks think about the Highlanders are their very weak non-conference schedule. Over the last 10 years teams such as some of these weaker region 1 teams, but also they are playing teams like Taft, and Wartburg. Scott Co. does have a winning percentage of over .700 as long as they are scheduling the weaker teams. Just like they will always have a 100% winning percentage over Wartburg and Taft. Sceduling Oliver Springs, Campbell Co., Powell, Clinton, or any other team close by would give the Highlanders a much better look in others eyes. As you can tell my heart-rate gets up there when I hear Scott Co. fans discuss how weak the other regions are and how great region 2 is. Everyone knows that, but every year we have to hear how great Scott would do if they were not in region 2. Until they play some formittable teams, (with winning records) and beat teams besides those cake-walk teams, they are never gonna get the respect they so long for. Just like when you got on here and mention the teams that Scott Co. Beat. They are not very good teams. Play somebody good non-conference and then get on here and tell us what your made of.

You are correct Leonardo, they should play O.S and Campbell County. makes more geographical sense, right? Well, sir they used to play 5A Campbell county every year, and played O.S just a few years back. My guess is they have a .600 record against O.S all-time, and .500 against Campbell County.

It is obvious we are just going to agree to disagree, however you do make some valid points and I respect your opinion. The only point I was ever trying to make is Region 1 is not a very strong 3A region. By the way did you see how the teams in Region 1 fared in week 0? Was it an 0 for week 0?

And oh my, the powerhouse teams they played were simply unbelievable! Gibbs played Cosby, the football powehouse Cosby. Claiborne did play a poweful 1A Midway and got beat soundly.

By the way that Union county comment I made about them never beating Scott and being a football powerhouse, was SARCASM. Believe me Leonardo I know that Union County is by no means a powerhouse I was saying that to add to my evidence of the weak 1A region. Just so you don't get confused again on sarcasm, the comment on Cosby being a powerhouse is also my attempt at sarcasm.

But anyway, enjoy the season. And support who ever it is you support.

With all due respect ask_me is correct! This region other than Seymour is an embarassment to 3A football. Remember 2006 when Claiborne was talking about how good they were and wondering why they were getting no respect for their great 8-2 season. Then they played Fulton in ROUND ONE of the playoffs, if memory serves me correctly the final score was Fulton 64 and Claiborne 8. Way to get that 2point conversion at the end of the game.

Scott, Anderson County or Livingston would make the playoff every year in this region!

Your saying all this knowing that you would love to be in region 1 with them. I pose a question as well. Did Fulton win the state champ. that year?

With all due respect ask_me is correct! This region other than Seymour is an embarassment to 3A football. Remember 2006 when Claiborne was talking about how good they were and wondering why they were getting no respect for their great 8-2 season. Then they played Fulton in ROUND ONE of the playoffs, if memory serves me correctly the final score was Fulton 64 and Claiborne 8. Way to get that 2point conversion at the end of the game.

Scott, Anderson County or Livingston would make the playoff every year in this region!

Well my opinion on this is that that is a a pretty tough region to play in with the acception of Claiborne! im in Knoxville and we scrimmaged Claiborne this fall and they pretty much laid it to us ! they have some big boys this year and look to make noise in that region and in the playoffs ! they have had a good team the last 4 years they have been athe Bulldogs program ! o and Fulton won the state championship that year and killed everyone in there path so im guessing Claiborne was just like every other so called "good team" that year. Good luck to the Bulldogs is 3a! and the rest of region 1! Fulton also is horrible now

Well my opinion on this is that that is a a pretty tough region to play in with the acception of Claiborne! im in Knoxville and we scrimmaged Claiborne this fall and they pretty much laid it to us ! they have some big boys this year and look to make noise in that region and in the playoffs ! they have had a good team the last 4 years they have been athe Bulldogs program ! o and Fulton won the state championship that year and killed everyone in there path so im guessing Claiborne was just like every other so called "good team" that year. Good luck to the Bulldogs is 3a! and the rest of region 1! Fulton also is horrible now

Did you actually say Fulton is horrible now? Listen kid next time your 5th grade computer lab teacher gives you access to the computer you may want to think twice about what you say! You are obviously not thinking clearly.

So Claiborne put it to ya, did they? What jr. high team do you play for in Knoxville?

So Claiborne will make some noise in the playoffs? To quote Coach Jim Mora ("PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS, YOU'R TALKING PLAYOFFS"). You might get that in a year or two kid. So I am to belive that nearly 30 point loss to 1A Midway is a good indication the "mighty" Bulldogs will make the playoffs. Don't drop out of school in 5th grade kid, you will need a good education, because you are obviously a little lacking in "common sense" thinking Claiborne might make noise in the playoffs.

I was going to choose to ignore this most intelligent comment, but this was just too good to pass up!

You are correct Leonardo, they should play O.S and Campbell County. makes more geographical sense, right? Well, sir they used to play 5A Campbell county every year, and played O.S just a few years back. My guess is they have a .600 record against O.S all-time, and .500 against Campbell County.

It is obvious we are just going to agree to disagree, however you do make some valid points and I respect your opinion. The only point I was ever trying to make is Region 1 is not a very strong 3A region. By the way did you see how the teams in Region 1 fared in week 0? Was it an 0 for week 0?

And oh my, the powerhouse teams they played were simply unbelievable! Gibbs played Cosby, the football powehouse Cosby. Claiborne did play a poweful 1A Midway and got beat soundly.

By the way that Union county comment I made about them never beating Scott and being a football powerhouse, was SARCASM. Believe me Leonardo I know that Union County is by no means a powerhouse I was saying that to add to my evidence of the weak 1A region. Just so you don't get confused again on sarcasm, the comment on Cosby being a powerhouse is also my attempt at sarcasm.

But anyway, enjoy the season. And support who ever it is you support.

Scot Indian

Listen.......... Stop talking so much and listen. I think what Leonard is trying to say in a kind way is "Scott County is not a very good Region 2-AAA team and pointing fingers in other directions isnt going to change that". This thread is about Grainger County not your rantings.

Nuff Said

Did you actually say Fulton is horrible now? Listen kid next time your 5th grade computer lab teacher gives you access to the computer you may want to think twice about what you say! You are obviously not thinking clearly.

So Claiborne put it to ya, did they? What jr. high team do you play for in Knoxville?

So Claiborne will make some noise in the playoffs? To quote Coach Jim Mora ("PLAYOFFS, PLAYOFFS, YOU'R TALKING PLAYOFFS"). You might get that in a year or two kid. So I am to belive that nearly 30 point loss to 1A Midway is a good indication the "mighty" Bulldogs will make the playoffs. Don't drop out of school in 5th grade kid, you will need a good education, because you are obviously a little lacking in "common sense" thinking Claiborne might make noise in the playoffs.

I was going to choose to ignore this most intelligent comment, but this was just too good to pass up!

lol thats all i have to say about the first comment

o and the 30 point loss was a loss to the bulldogs who didnt come out ready ill give that to you and your indications ! but this friday night the big C-Town looked good! they shut down a 18 senior football team and pretty much dominated them with 325 yards on offense and their defense only allowed 20 yards. the first game is past and I believe they are ready to go with their opener in the region with Carter this Friday night. listen kid im not on here to start any fights or anything but why dont you mind your buisness and stop putting down other teams! if your so great why dont you go turn Claiborne around! wait im pretty sure they could do it without you, so why dont you show tennessee how ol mighty your team is ! Good luck to you this year but Claiborne is a good football team and im leaving it at that!

God Bless,

• 1 month later...

Grainger is 2-1 in district play. They have Claiborne @ home Friday night and then they finish up on the road @ Union County and Carter. I predict 4-2 in district play with losses to Seymour and Carter. This would give them a #3 finish in the regular season. They would then have to travel on the road in the playoffs. What are everyone elses thoughts? Who does it look like will finish 1-4 in the other district?

Grainger is 2-1 in district play. They have Claiborne @ home Friday night and then they finish up on the road @ Union County and Carter. I predict 4-2 in district play with losses to Seymour and Carter. This would give them a #3 finish in the regular season. They would then have to travel on the road in the playoffs. What are everyone elses thoughts? Who does it look like will finish 1-4 in the other district?

Have more faith GC! Rutledge played Carter close the last two seasons and it looks like the Grizzlies' have gotten better on defense. There could be an upset brewing in Straw Plains at the end of the regular season.

Currently in order in Region 2 it's Catholic, Kingston and A-E tied for second and a three-way tie for third between Scott, Fulton and Anderson County. Fulton and Scott have the toughest roads ahead because AC gets bottom feeders Livingston and Stone. I'd probably say on a hunch it'll be Catholic, Kingston, A-E and AC, but 1-3 could flip very easily...heck for that matter it could really get funky because they've all got the capability to beat the others.

Have more faith GC! Rutledge played Carter close the last two seasons and it looks like the Grizzlies' have gotten better on defense. There could be an upset brewing in Straw Plains at the end of the regular season.

Currently in order in Region 2 it's Catholic, Kingston and A-E tied for second and a three-way tie for third between Scott, Fulton and Anderson County. Fulton and Scott have the toughest roads ahead because AC gets bottom feeders Livingston and Stone. I'd probably say on a hunch it'll be Catholic, Kingston, A-E and AC, but 1-3 could flip very easily...heck for that matter it could really get funky because they've all got the capability to beat the others.

I would like to host anyone...or maybe travel to some new scenery this year in the playoffs. As far as Carter goes, I am just being realistic. I love my Grizzlies, but we are probably a solid .500 team. I think Seymour and Carter are far better than the rest of the District. That being said, I do believe Grainger is definitely the third best team in this district. I know anything can happen in a game, so we cannot take Claiborne or Union for granted. Also, Carter cannot take Grainger for granted. After Rutledge almost (and should have) defeated them last year, I think Carter will be ready this year.

I do think it would have been an interesting season if this coaching staff could have already had this team (running their offense/defense)for a season before this year. I wonder if we even lose to South Greene or Gatlinburg-Pittman. This team could have easily been 7-3 if that was the case.

Senior night friday against Claiborne. Gonna be sad to see some of these guys go. I think the Grizzlies will be fired up for Claiborne. Should be an exciting game. What can you tell us about Claiborne?