Ravenwood at Goodpasture (Thursday night TV game)

Rookie45

Goodpasture won by 7. Cunningham scored 2TDs. I am a genius /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

MVP: My co-vote goes to the Ravenwood center & the Ravenwood quarterback because their handling of the ball in the shotgun tonight was terrible. Goodpasture can thank both of them for that win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sleeper i agree with becker in at QB game would have been different - i cant decide did Ravenwood offense look that bad or was GP defense just that good ?

Rwood made some great halftime adjustments of defense but inability to pass hurt them- Bo Gilroy great athlete was wondering if Rector has toyed with him at QB

Sleeper i agree with becker in at QB game would have been different - i cant decide did Ravenwood offense look that bad or was GP defense just that good ?

Rwood made some great halftime adjustments of defense but inability to pass hurt them- Bo Gilroy great athlete was wondering if Rector has toyed with him at QB

Williams saw his first HS start last night...he has plenty of room to improve, but he also showed me that he is more evasive than most 6'4" qbs. As Maxwell Smart would say, we "missed it by that much".

Williams saw his first HS start last night...he has plenty of room to improve, but he also showed me that he is more evasive than most 6'4" qbs. As Maxwell Smart would say, we "missed it by that much".

he may be evasive in the pocket and yes he did have some nice runs but his passing was was out of sync,sure as the season goes he will improve and i am sure teams will welcome him over the becker days as that Becker was a tough kid

he may be evasive in the pocket and yes he did have some nice runs but his passing was was out of sync,sure as the season goes he will improve and i am sure teams will welcome him over the becker days as that Becker was a tough kid

I was at the game last night and meet some really nice people from Goodpasture. First time i've been there and it was a pretty nice little place to watch HS football. I was told that Goodpasture had 3 starting OL'men that were ineligible or hurt for this game. I looked at them on the sideline and they we nice sized kids. Goodpasture will be a nice football team is 2A.

Ravenwood really should have won that football game. They made some Silly Silly mistakes and had a lack luster first half. They had Goodpasture stink'en wind and cramping up in the middle of the 3rd and the whole 4th quarter. Ravenwood's QB had some wide open receivers at the end of the game but could not hit them. All and all it was a good football game to be at and got my blood flowing for a great HS football season.

Ya there's definitely no Michael Becker or TC Jennings back under center for Ravenwood. I think it would be accurate and safe to say that there has been a drop off at the QB position.

Another team with a coacht quarterback controversy.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Another team with a coacht quarterbak controversy.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

im sure that Williams kid is gonna be a good QB in time and rectorr knows football and his team more then me 100 times fold but with that offense bo gilroy would be such a threat

First of all let me say that Rector is the best coach in this region which says alot (ahead of Eubanks over at IHS). But he just doesn't have the athletes and football players walking through the hallways at Ravenwood that he used to have. But the Ravenwood offense most definitely looked out of sync with the exception of their RB.

I would like to see Bo Gilroy line up some at QB. It might hurt him in the recruiting process but maybe not too. But I do think it would be beneficial to the Raptors to have him line up back there some.

Another team with a coacht quarterbak controversy.. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hilarious /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First of all let me say that Rector is the best coach in this region which says alot (ahead of Eubanks over at IHS). But he just doesn't have the athletes and football players walking through the hallways at Ravenwood that he used to have. But the Ravenwood offense most definitely looked out of sync with the exception of their RB.

I would like to see Bo Gilroy line up some at QB. It might hurt him in the recruiting process but maybe not too. But I do think it would be beneficial to the Raptors to have him line up back there some.

Hilarious /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

TYVM. I corrected the spelling in quarterback just in case the spelling police are out today.

But he just doesn't have the athletes and football players walking through the hallways at Ravenwood that he used to have.

That was a dumb statement. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Where have all the football players went to? You have one of the newest schools in TN.

Your program started off like a rocket. In your 3rd year you win state and now you don't have the athletes. PLEASE!!!

You just got beat by the 2nd best team in 2A! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> A program in poor ole Madison that has the higest crime rate in TN. Is this 2 years stright?

I guess your going to drop down and play the 1A state Champs now! They will smell the blood in the water like any top team. If you keep this up you will not have a program worth a flip in 4 more years.

Congrats to Little Ole Goodpasture /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

That was a dumb statement. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Where have all the football players went to? You have one of the newest schools in TN.

Your program started off like a rocket. In your 3rd year you win state and now you don't have the athletes. PLEASE!!!

You just got beat by the 2nd best team in 2A! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> A program in poor ole Madison that has the higest crime rate in TN. Is this 2 years stright?

I guess your going to drop down and play the 1A state Champs now! They will smell the blood in the water like any top team. If you keep this up you will not have a program worth a flip in 4 more years.

Congrats to Little Ole Goodpasture /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

First of all I have no affiliation with Ravenwood and never have. Second my statement was very accurate in what I was referring to. Ravenwood doesn't have the type of athletes that it had in 05 and 06 such as TC Jennings, Daniel Becker, Dylan Williams, etc. There has been a drop off in talent. Maybe it will change, and maybe it won't. I don't know.

I could care less about Goodpasture but good luck to Cunningham and company the rest of the way.