Sullivan South @ Science Hill

The Hill

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup I'm back....I've been waiting to see the Toppers before I commented on them and after last night I want to believe that the program is heading in the right direction after what I saw last night. Looks like this sophmore class is the right mix with the Senior class while there are juniors who will be mad at their playing time in the future, will it be the near future. Ryan Mitchell is gonna be a force once Norris develops enough at qb so that Isacc can be moved to running back where he needs to be so that he can get the ball in more creative opportunities. Mitchell needs to be on the field- he displayed a second gear that I haven't seen in a Hilltopper uniform since 2005 when there was alot of speed on the field. Anyone that saw the kickoff return knows exactly what I mean. He looks good at rb but put him on the outside this year and Larry on the other side and fill in the slots and you can be scary. With Isacc at rb with Armando Canepa and you have an impressive running game. The defense played outstanding but I personally hate the technique of cornerbacks playing with ther backs to the ball on presnaps. They have alot of talent and the future looks bright but they have alot of kids that are still learning to play the game..I saw a lot of scared playing by some of the wideouts when it came time to make contact. I was impressed with what i saw on the field and I went to the game thinking that this would be the only game I would go watch this season. I will definitly be back.

South was impressive but there has definitly been a huge drop that Fletcher did more to make up for in this game. I love to watch that kid play. He runs the ball with authority and has deceptive speed. He should be their workhorse. It was different watching this game because South was trying to do the things that they have been doing (especially in the air) and the results that I was expecting never materialized. Several batted balls, a few dropped passes didn't help an impressive debut by Davenport but reports of his greatness has been greatly exaggerateed. I thought Phillips was a D-1 athlete but not a qb and I hope I'm proven wrong butI know Davenport is not a D-1 qb like he has been reported to be. He is a very fine qb and would help any team in the area outside of D-B and maybe TN High, who I think ,have the qbs that they need. From what I've seen last year and this year those may be the 3 best signal callers in the area with Crawford being the one I would want. South is such a well coached team and does everything excellent fundamentally which allows them to get the most of their players. They play hard and have kids that seem to love contact. Very well played game, I kept waiting for them to make the plays to break the game open but the reason for that is now residing in Madison.

I was impressed with Science Hill's resilince and they answered almost everytime they needed to and the kids have a great enthusiasim. Hopefully success will come soon to give them shot in the arm. The game calling was effective and kept the defense fresh even though it did become reptitive on the offense side but you dance with who you brought. I can't say how impressed I was because I was fearing the worst but now am more open to believe that they are heading in the right direction. The losing streak is 7...that's the bottom line.

ps- Bud everyone has more talent than South and DB after south beats them according to some...DB is loaded this year and everyone in this area is going to be hard pressed to stay within 14 all season.

Thank you,

Its about time another JC person got on board and started talking some sense