Week 1: Rhea County Golden Eagles vs. Cumberland County Jets

odoylerules

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is going to be ugly. Rhea in a land slide. The 3 string may even get sometime tomorrow night. The only thing that is kind of hurting Rhea is 2 left guards the starter and a back up are out for tomorrow. One with a broken hand and the other with a foot injury. Rhea also got a pretty good looking linebacker in from Alabama this week.

It is going to be ugly. Rhea in a land slide. The 3 string may even get sometime tomorrow night. The only thing that is kind of hurting Rhea is 2 left guards the starter and a back up are out for tomorrow. One with a broken hand and the other with a foot injury. Rhea also got a pretty good looking linebacker in from Alabama this week.

Game was closer than the score. I was looking forward to seeing Rhea County's third string!

First half has pretty bad, second was much better and was more of what should have happened. It really didn't help the delay in the first quarter. Cumberland is better than what they were last year, but in the end it was about what I expected. Cumberland played with alot of emotion but that is not enough in this game. The defense bent at times but didn't break. J.T. Stone and Jacob Swafford played some great defense. J.T. had 2 INT's and should have had a 3rd. Swafford was hitting everything in sight on defense and offense. Moffett ran the ball very well, along with Rice who had some nice hard runs. Lovelady showed signs of being a great player with some good runs and a TD. Revis was playing nasty tonight he was knocking around those small defensive players. Cam Tallent looked good only had 5 incomplete. Hester caught that ball that the ref call imcomplete. Infact those refs were horrible. The defense made a some good adjustments for the second half they really got after it. Only allow 15 total yard in the second half. Cumberland had a total offense of 161 and Rhea had 351 yards. But in the end at least Cumberland is back in school.

First half has pretty bad, second was much better and was more of what should have happened. It really didn't help the delay in the first quarter. Cumberland is better than what they were last year, but in the end it was about what I expected. Cumberland played with alot of emotion but that is not enough in this game. The defense bent at times but didn't break. J.T. Stone and Jacob Swafford played some great defense. J.T. had 2 INT's and should have had a 3rd. Swafford was hitting everything in sight on defense and offense. Moffett ran the ball very well, along with Rice who had some nice hard runs. Lovelady showed signs of being a great player with some good runs and a TD. Revis was playing nasty tonight he was knocking around those small defensive players. Cam Tallent looked good only had 5 incomplete. Hester caught that ball that the ref call imcomplete. Infact those refs were horrible. The defense made a some good adjustments for the second half they really got after it. Only allow 15 total yard in the second half. Cumberland had a total offense of 161 and Rhea had 351 yards. But in the end at least Cumberland is back in school.

Rhea has a good football team but I believe if it wasn't for poor play calling on the jets side the score would have been alot closer. Which would have kept the spirits high and the jets maybe wouldn't have laid down in the second half. Play calling inside the red zone was horrible. Kick a fieldgoal for heavens sake, 4th and 15 from the 16 and you go for it. Get on the score board when the opportunity is there. Quarterback play needs alot of work and maybe even a replacement. Other than that PLAYERS looked good can't say that for the coaching!! Stick to what got you in the red zone. HARDNOSED football is how we need to do it, not to mention moving the ball slowly keeps the other team offense off the field. All you need is 3-4 yards per carry and I know the Jets can do that. When throwing, stick to short passes. The slant was open most of the night with the big cushion Rhea's corners were giving the recievers. The long passes were crap.

I agree Rhea that the refs were real bad. There were bad calls going both ways. That was a great catch you were refering to, the boy got robbed.

Good win for the boys last night. it wasn't pretty at times, but they got it done. Here's a couple of points from the game: AJ and Moffet are still the game breakers, number twenty two (Lovelady?) is lightning fast, we need to do away with the new extra point, we need to send this new kickoff thing back to middle school where it belongs, whos decision was the onside kick? I thought it was classless, Stone intercepts anything thrown his way, that hit Swafford put on that kid was BEEutiful.

Rhea Co. what's the scoop with this new linebacker? is he illegible?

Good win for the boys last night. it wasn't pretty at times, but they got it done. Here's a couple of points from the game: AJ and Moffet are still the game breakers, number twenty two (Lovelady?) is lightning fast, we need to do away with the new extra point, we need to send this new kickoff thing back to middle school where it belongs, whos decision was the onside kick? I thought it was classless, Stone intercepts anything thrown his way, that hit Swafford put on that kid was BEEutiful.

Rhea Co. what's the scoop with this new linebacker? is he illegible?

He is a junior and played fullback and linebacker in Alabama. I believe he is eligible to play right away. He dressed last night but he didn't play because he is still learning the plays. He is a good looking player, and can really hit. He really stuck a couple of the running backs during practice this week. His size is decent but needs alittle time in the weight room. He will add some good things to an alright stout linebacking corp.

Speaking of the linebackers Keist really stepped up too when Newt twisted his ankle last night. But I look for Newt not to miss out on anything. Finch played good, and Price is really starting to hit some people.

The defensive line is starting to get in to sync. Joey England has a been playing out of his mind since the first scrimmage against Bradley. He is really getting after it every play. Henschen is starting to get there but he is learnig as he goes. Kenzie Goins is a outstanding DE for only being a sophomore.

The special teams especially kick-off team is the weakest part of the team right now. Which is kind of surprising to me. They just need to work on staying in their lanes and not get caught up by the wall. But that is the good thing they have sometime to work on that this week. Now I know Josh can probably do this everytime, but if he would boot it into the endzone everytime then there wouldn't be much of a problem on the kick-off team.

Lovelady is a good up and coming player. It's just this is his first time he has made it to the regular season. He quit his sophomore and junior year during the summer or preseaon. Just think if he wouldn't have quit, how good he would be. I am glad he is around, he is a good player to have around and gives some need depth in the speed department. He is the 2nd fastest player on the team right now behind A.J. The coaches are wanting to put him in little by little, to get use to the speed of the game, but that should take much time. I see him playing way more a few more games into the season.

I got to give a hand to Coach Cook. He has really stepped up and filled in for Coach Brooks Smith very nicely. The Secondary is playing great right now.

Rhea has a good football team but I believe if it wasn't for poor play calling on the jets side the score would have been alot closer. Which would have kept the spirits high and the jets maybe wouldn't have laid down in the second half. Play calling inside the red zone was horrible. Kick a fieldgoal for heavens sake, 4th and 15 from the 16 and you go for it. Get on the score board when the opportunity is there. Quarterback play needs alot of work and maybe even a replacement. Other than that PLAYERS looked good can't say that for the coaching!! Stick to what got you in the red zone. HARDNOSED football is how we need to do it, not to mention moving the ball slowly keeps the other team offense off the field. All you need is 3-4 yards per carry and I know the Jets can do that. When throwing, stick to short passes. The slant was open most of the night with the big cushion Rhea's corners were giving the recievers. The long passes were crap.

I agree Rhea that the refs were real bad. There were bad calls going both ways. That was a great catch you were refering to, the boy got robbed.

I will Cumberland credit they do have some good players especially 4 and 44 were playing very good. 4 was running the ball very hard and has some good speed. 44 was getting in the back field a few times last night, and making plays. Yeah I have to agree play calling was odd once they got into the red zone. They went away from what got them down there. As for them laying down, I think it was more they just lost that emotion they had in the first half, and Rhea made some good adjustments for the second half.

He is a junior and played fullback and linebacker in Alabama. I believe he is eligible to play right away. He dressed last night but he didn't play because he is still learning the plays. He is a good looking player, and can really hit. He really stuck a couple of the running backs during practice this week. His size is decent but needs alittle time in the weight room. He will add some good things to an alright stout linebacking corp.

Speaking of the linebackers Keist really stepped up too when Newt twisted his ankle last night. But I look for Newt not to miss out on anything. Finch played good, and Price is really starting to hit some people.

The defensive line is starting to get in to sync. Joey England has a been playing out of his mind since the first scrimmage against Bradley. He is really getting after it every play. Henschen is starting to get there but he is learnig as he goes. Kenzie Goins is a outstanding DE for only being a sophomore.

The special teams especially kick-off team is the weakest part of the team right now. Which is kind of surprising to me. They just need to work on staying in their lanes and not get caught up by the wall. But that is the good thing they have sometime to work on that this week. Now I know Josh can probably do this everytime, but if he would boot it into the endzone everytime then there wouldn't be much of a problem on the kick-off team.

Lovelady is a good up and coming player. It's just this is his first time he has made it to the regular season. He quit his sophomore and junior year during the summer or preseaon. Just think if he wouldn't have quit, how good he would be. I am glad he is around, he is a good player to have around and gives some need depth in the speed department. He is the 2nd fastest player on the team right now behind A.J. The coaches are wanting to put him in little by little, to get use to the speed of the game, but that should take much time. I see him playing way more a few more games into the season.

I got to give a hand to Coach Cook. He has really stepped up and filled in for Coach Brooks Smith very nicely. The Secondary is playing great right now.

lovelady quit about a thousand times. its a shame some kids can quit and keep coming back while players that stick with the team cant get a shot when the quitters get plugged in front of them. hester had a pretty good catch. it stunk the refs didnt give it to him. coach cook is a good coach. i wish i could say that about all the coaches.