Macon Vs Westmoreland

SONGWRITER

Seems like you may know the coach so ask and see what they tell you then you let us know!

Actually I do not know the coaches personally, although I do have a pretty good source. But I'm done going back and forth with you about this, just keep on keepin on if you must.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an idea. Lets split Macon County like SC and Gordonsville is split. The Cumberland River splits them and Long Creek can split Macon County. That's right Rocky Mound High School. These farm boys wouldn't be lazy and guaranteed would make the cut. No doubt they would be tough since they are so close to Westmoreland. A place were the Westside students would feel right at home.

WHOA there sailor. Carthage and Gordonsville are not split by the Cumberland River.

Well, just got back from the junior high game. Macon won the battle of the border war round one. 6-0 final score. As for the post above, singray came up with an Idea. He figured out how to solve the problem of all these players getting ran off or quitting. He said that to solve the problem those 35 players could go play for Red Boiling Springs. I'm sure they would welcome all of them with open arms. They would still be playing for a Macon County team.

They would have been better off if they had.

Our coaching staff cut NOBODY they chose to quit.Practice is to much like work.We have around 12 seniors 11 juniors 24 sophmores 22 freshman.I do not claim to be smart,but we have a lot of lazy kids.They can not play sports but the can spend mom and dads money running the roads.Look up in the student section one night,at all the football players TO LAZY TO PLAY.The coaches did not cut anyone.The kids made that choice.Only time will tell how many sophmores and freshman we have after they are able to drive around SONIC.

Is it lazy to run 8 miles a day 6 days a week???....do you think that's lazy....Is it lazy to win 4 state championships and will probably win at least 2 more by the time you graduate??

Is that lazy....believe it or not everyone doesn't "want" to play football....there are other sports...and if you don't really "want" to play football then you better either not play or you'd better do another sport...i'm sure the track coach would love to have a few of the baseball players but it doesn't work that way..And you're exactly right...practice is alot like work...

But so is running a 5k, or taking batting practice or practicing basketball all year long...

I've got an idea. Lets split Macon County like SC and Gordonsville is split. The Cumberland River splits them and Long Creek can split Macon County. That's right Rocky Mound High School. These farm boys wouldn't be lazy and guaranteed would make the cut. No doubt they would be tough since they are so close to Westmoreland. A place were the Westside students would feel right at home.

We are split....we have 2 highschools in the county...tried to put'em together a few years ago and all "you know what" broke loose....

Yah, your probally wright. No way I could have done as much you. I KNOW I dont know as much as you also. You should have run for president with your silver tongue

Yeah, your probably right. There's alot of people that have done more than me and alot that know more than me, I just don't think your one of them. You stated that you figured I was a "MANGER" and I just told you I wasn't and let you know that I actually played. Did you?

They would have been better off if they had.

Actually I'm an Eagle Alumni. Let jog some memories here. In 1987 MC at Westmoreland final score WHS 42 MC 6. For those of you that can remember that far back. Number 24 for the Eagles rushed for 242 yards and 2 touchdowns plus a 50 yd pass reception for a touchdown. That number 24 was me. My career yds were 3,654.00 which was a school record for 8 years but was broken in 1995 by two time Mr. Football winner Clint Brown who finished with a career high of 3,950.00 yards. How many of the old timers read this and know who I am?