Macon Vs Westmoreland

SONGWRITER

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chad1980, you are now invited to our little tailgate party. We are not having chitlins though. We are saving the rest of the intestines for Smith County when they roll into town. However, we did run over some possum on Hwy 52 last night and I plan to serve that to all Macon Co. fans who are hungry. Got a little inside info to pass along to the Tiger linebackers. Button your chin strap up cause we are going to come right at you! There will be no secrets as to what we are going to run after your coaches watch last nights film. I must admit as an ex-linbacker myself I dont envy the task of stopping Wix after taking on the block of Michael Baker or Champion at guards they are beasts, as your linebackers will soon find out. 225 and 235 that run under 5.0 forties, behind them runs a 220 lb fulback that will lower his shoulder. Come out early and join the big crowd that I'm sure will attend. Only so much possum to go around, and you know how much hillbillies like possum!

Chad1980, you are now invited to our little tailgate party. We are not having chitlins though. We are saving the rest of the intestines for Smith County when they roll into town. However, we did run over some possum on Hwy 52 last night and I plan to serve that to all Macon Co. fans who are hungry. Got a little inside info to pass along to the Tiger linebackers. Button your chin strap up cause we are going to come right at you! There will be no secrets as to what we are going to run after your coaches watch last nights film. I must admit as an ex-linbacker myself I dont envy the task of stopping Wix after taking on the block of Michael Baker or Champion at guards they are beasts, as your linebackers will soon find out. 225 and 235 that run under 5.0 forties, behind them runs a 220 lb fulback that will lower his shoulder. Come out early and join the big crowd that I'm sure will attend. Only so much possum to go around, and you know how much hillbillies like possum!

Baker is one hoss of a player, he shattered some of my weightlifting records LOL. Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the game friday. But I had ears on it the whole time. From what i hear our DLine and OLine is incredible, Who is our starters in the secondary? I will be at the game this friday, and looking for a good ol' slobber knocker.

Dont tell me the Tiger fans have already got tired of trash talking after the first game against a little ole 1A school!!! Dont let us down now. Its going to be fun this week with all the folks going to attend this one. Chad1980, where are you? Geo, did your car breakdown or something. This is a huge week. Macon VS Motown on the rockpile then UT vols Monday night. It dont get any better for us football maniacs. Talk it up Tigers.

Dont tell me the Tiger fans have already got tired of trash talking after the first game against a little ole 1A school!!! Dont let us down now. Its going to be fun this week with all the folks going to attend this one. Chad1980, where are you? Geo, did your car breakdown or something. This is a huge week. Macon VS Motown on the rockpile then UT vols Monday night. It dont get any better for us football maniacs. Talk it up Tigers.

I gotta be honest now. I got some kin folk in TC that I told before the game that I predict a 35 to 14 win by the jackets, but I put on here that it would be like 28-7 tigers win. I was real close. There is a reason they were picked last in the region, and I know now why. It's called chemistry. They have talent, and speed and size. They gotta have some leadership, and confidence. I didn't know that TC posted on their locker room "my" post of that 28-7 tiger win. Oh well, it's called trash talk. I started it. I just got my info from the starting runningback who apparently is the only tiger that wants to win. Maybe they can regroup and work things out. They did in 2003 so who knows. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Here is my assessment of Macon Co.

They severely want to be a top of the line football program, but they let too many things get in the way, mostly politics.

I have a lot of dealings with people from Macon Co., and we talk football alot, and politics is a problem they bring up a lot. Don't get me wrong politics are involved in almost every program, it just seems that it's presence is more substantial in Lafayette.

It even trickles down to the pee wee league.

Lafayette had a good thing going with the travel team they had the last couple of years, but it is no longer available to the kids due to mostly politics.

An inner city or county league can work in places like Nashville, Gallatin, Clarksville, etc. but not in Lafayette.

The traveling team was playing better competition at places like Hartsville, Gordonsville, Baxter, Watertown, and others.

Macon is a 3A school and there is no reason they should lose consistently to 1A and 2A schools.

The fans are there, but every other facet of the program should be looked at closely to see what needs to be done to make the program better. Meaning cut out the politics especially.

Also, the politics in Lafayette, I've been told, has affected the program in Red Boiling. i.e. Lafayette gets everything, RBS gets nothing.

This is all the opinion of an outsider looking in.

Feel free to tell me if I'm wrong.

macon got toppled last night so i think our boys will have this game pretty easy . .but then again this is one of the bigger rivalries and its alwayz close no matter how much better either team is.last night we looked good in every aspect really except our secondary gave a lil to much cushin. .we needed to step up and play them a lil closer and make tackles closer to the line of scrimmage rather than 8 or 9 yards down the field.other than that west. did great our run game came together well with wix green and schruggs and johnson switchin at wingback.and brooks passing has developed nicely since last year.GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!

I LUV ME SOME POSSUM!!!!....BE SURE YOU GOT PLENTY OF A-1

Hope it's "road kill" possum...that's always alot leaner than the ones you have to shoot....

Anyway, I don't understand the "politics" talk. I don't think certain players are playing because of "who their parents are". A coach would have to be an idiot to do that.

All I see is that we have a kid who ran a 94 yard touchdown return last year against Pearl Cohn and we can't get the ball in his hands. (he's not even running back kick offs!!) Guess we don't want to get him hurt!! Oh but wait...he's returning punts...splain that to me?????

think he touched it 8 times the other night...he had about a 35 yard punt return...he ran the ball twice from the slot (even though the other team knew exactly where he

was going with the ball and still gained (i think) about 12 yards on those two plays...I wish we could take him off of defense and let him rest...I don't know, maybe we just don't have the personnel to do that..but wish we could.

If I had all the answers I'd be somewhere else....

Anyway, please don't come back saying i'm downing the coaching staff, I have alot of respect most of them....I just we could get it figured out...

And....have ya'll added any new bleachers in Westmoreland since 2 years ago????

I LUV ME SOME POSSUM!!!!....BE SURE YOU GOT PLENTY OF A-1

Hope it's "road kill" possum...that's always alot leaner than the ones you have to shoot....

Anyway, I don't understand the "politics" talk. I don't think certain players are playing because of "who their parents are". A coach would have to be an idiot to do that.

All I see is that we have a kid who ran a 94 yard touchdown return last year against Pearl Cohn and we can't get the ball in his hands. (he's not even running back kick offs!!) Guess we don't want to get him hurt!! Oh but wait...he's returning punts...splain that to me?????

think he touched it 8 times the other night...he had about a 35 yard punt return...he ran the ball twice from the slot (even though the other team knew exactly where he

was going with the ball and still gained (i think) about 12 yards on those two plays...I wish we could take him off of defense and let him rest...I don't know, maybe we just don't have the personnel to do that..but wish we could.

If I had all the answers I'd be somewhere else....

Anyway, please don't come back saying i'm downing the coaching staff, I have alot of respect most of them....I just we could get it figured out...

And....have ya'll added any new bleachers in Westmoreland since 2 years ago????

Like I said, I'm an outsider looking in, but alot of people from Lafayette that I talk to say kids get to play because of who their parents are when they shouldn't be playing.