TOPPERS @ CYCLONES

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so longhorn i'm happy that johnson county thinks of class A hampton a good rivalry partner. i would have thought maybe someone from your own conference would have better fit that bill. i have been making trips up to johnson county for years to watch the kids play. not sure how many wins i have seen from pee wee till now high school level. i can say last year was the first time any johnson county team had beaten any cyclone team my son has played on. we all realize that the program at eliz. was under a bit of disarray last season. coach witten seems to be doing an excellant job rebuilding. i wish him the best. but please continue the trash talk and predictions of what will happen in the eliz. - johnson county game. it will only help to fire up the cyclones for what should be a great home game.

GO CYCLONES

WHATS UP WITH 9TH GRADE NOT PRACTICING AND SOUTH NOT PLAYING THEM TODAY I HEARD IT WAS BECAUSE THERE "STAR" J.J WASN'T AT SCHOOL THEY CALLED AND SAID WE COULDN'T PLAY ON THE FIELD CAUSE THEY HAD A GAME TOMORROW???????????? ANYWAYS I THINK THE COACHES DO SO WELL WITH THE KIDS TILL THEY HIT 9TH GRADE AND THEN IT FLIES ALL TO JAIL MAYBE IF THE COACH WOULD PRACTICE MORE THAN 2 TIMES A WEEK AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT HIS SON GETTING A STARTING SPOT ON THE VARSITY WE WOULD HAVE A TOP NOTCH PROGRAM JUST A THOUGHT ANYONE ONE ELSE FEEL THIS WAY

fellow topper here, feeling is mutual

Yes it next week better be ready. The last time Johnson County destroyed Elizabethton was last year 27-13 the score dont refelct it but look at the stats we killed you in the air and our D killed your running game and everyone knows you dont have a passing game. Also we man handled both your o line and d line so tell your lineman to hit the weights hard this next week they will need it. And as for Hampton having our number in the past 8 years we have won 5 of them and for the ones we lost they were a total of 21 points so no one was getting owned its what you call a good rivalry.

As for last year you won but we gave it away! If I recall you had an interception for a TD and a long miracle pass for one and was 21-13 with little time on the clock so I dont think you destroyed anybody! Plus in the jamboree it took you 9 plays to score on Ewrin from the 10 yard line!Thats a real steam rolling offense! Good luck to you and your team!

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest longhorns51

As for last year you won but we gave it away! If I recall you had an interception for a TD and a long miracle pass for one and was 21-13 with little time on the clock so I dont think you destroyed anybody! Plus in the jamboree it took you 9 plays to score on Ewrin from the 10 yard line!Thats a real steam rolling offense! Good luck to you and your team!

Go Cyclones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok a long miracle pass what game where you at your corner got beat and as for the pass it was dead on just like 95% of phipps passes are so dont get mad cause we have a QB who can throw the ball deep and accurat and WR's who are fast and can catch. As for coach Witten or i mean soon to be ex coach Witten cause he will be gone soon enough he is living off of his brothers name some guys can coach and some cant he is one that can not coach. (and be honset deep down you all know this is true) Also were you at the right jamboree when did Erwin join the MLC just stop talking unless you can get the facts right. and to absentee i will keep talking cause i know you boys are weak your small and all you people keep saying that your boys are fast they didnt look to fast against Happy Valley. If Witten does any of the play calls he did last week you boys are going to get ate alive. Well i look forward to going to Elizabethton tomorrow and next week. But to be honest i do hope you win tomorrow.

I have ties to both programs and I wish the cyclones the best, but the hill will take this one. As far as the rivalry, all the talk only goes so far and then they have to play the game. IMO for the cyclones to have a chance it will hinge on the play of the QB (MY COUSIN) RYAN THOMAS and the defense. I've watched most of these young men grow up in the cyclone program and coach Witten really has the opertunity to make this year and next year special. One thing about it unlike Johnson City, Elizabethton is a football town. Win, lose or draw the fans love the cyclones. Now that my boys are in the topper program I would love to see that same commitment to football as well. Topper Nation just hold on because we have some classes coming through, that is if everyone stays in the program, we will be fine. My son plays on the 8th grade team and I tell you those boys are a team first. They played Tuesday and beat Sevier 36-7, and just remember the name WILL ADAMS. WILL is the RB of the 8th grade team and IMO he is the next best thing.

SCIENCE HILL 38

ELIZABETHTON 17

I have ties to both programs and I wish the cyclones the best, but the hill will take this one. As far as the rivalry, all the talk only goes so far and then they have to play the game. IMO for the cyclones to have a chance it will hinge on the play of the QB (MY COUSIN) RYAN THOMAS and the defense. I've watched most of these young men grow up in the cyclone program and coach Witten really has the opertunity to make this year and next year special. One thing about it unlike Johnson City, Elizabethton is a football town. Win, lose or draw the fans love the cyclones. Now that my boys are in the topper program I would love to see that same commitment to football as well. Topper Nation just hold on because we have some classes coming through, that is if everyone stays in the program, we will be fine. My son plays on the 8th grade team and I tell you those boys are a team first. They played Tuesday and beat Sevier 36-7, and just remember the name WILL ADAMS. WILL is the RB of the 8th grade team and IMO he is the next best thing.

SCIENCE HILL 38

ELIZABETHTON 17

I heard about the 8th grade team. Heard they were Bad A.

what a big win that longhorns had over a under matched team last week maybe this week they will try to schedule a smaller school so that they can pick up another win. Next week baby its on get plenty of rest and say your prayers cause you will need all the power you got to handle the orange attack.

Hampton and Cloudland are small schools who would have ate Betsy alive for most of the last decade. Elizabethton says they will not schedule Hampton or Cloudland because they need better competition on their schedule. The real reason is the community could not handle the embarrassment of a loss to one of these schools and the Cyclones would definitely be beaten consistently by these schools. That is the real reason. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hampton and Cloudland are small schools who would have ate Betsy alive for most of the last decade. Elizabethton says they will not schedule Hampton or Cloudland because they need better competition on their schedule. The real reason is the community could not handle the embarrassment of a loss to one of these schools and the Cyclones would definitely be beaten consistently by these schools. That is the real reason. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I??™m not an Elizabethton fan but I thought I would shed a little light on this convo for those of you that seem to be in the dark. Either you have a short memory or you??™re to young to know any better. These last 2 years have been the first time Elizabethton hasn??™t made it to at least the first round of the 4A playoffs since 1992. That??™s 13 years straight??¦count um!!! They made three straight appearances in the semifinals in 97??™, 98??™, and 99??™. Cloudland has only made it past the second round (at the single A level I might add) three times in school history. Hampton has only been a contender (also in a lower 2A level) in the last three years and that is probably going to come to an end this year. And let me just add that if either Hampton or Cloudland played in the MLK instead of the much weaker conferences you are in now, those appearances in the playoffs would have been WAY fewer. Elizabethton has a rich football tradition and you would be foolish to put Hampton or Cloudland in the same sentence. Yes these last two or three years have been rough, but even in a down time as this Hampton would have had to work for it, and Cloudland could just forget about competing. Oh yea??¦to all you Longhorn fans I leave you with this??¦

2007 at Johnson Co. 27 Elizabethton 13

2006 at Elizabethton 7 Johnson Co. 15

2005 at Johnson Co. 0 Elizabethton 14

2004 at Johnson Co. 6 Elizabethton 21

2003 at Elizabethton 35 Johnson Co. 22

2002 at Johnson Co. 18 Elizabethton 54

2001 at Elizabethton 35 Johnson Co. 19

You must have forgot! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Like I said??¦short memory!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />