TOPPERS @ CYCLONES

I guess I need to tell the ole Capt. that I am a Cloudland fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And I was only talking about from 2000 til now. Cloudland would have beaten Elizabethton as bad as they wanted to from 2000 through 2003 and Hampton would have beaten you all as bad as they wanted to have from 2004 through 2007. I don't think this year will be any different. As tough of a game that Hampton gave Johnson Co., I don't look for it to be that tough when Elizabethton gets easily defeated by the longhorns. The point I'm trying to make is your leadership are cowards. They never would put us on the schedule for 2 reasons: to put on the front that they are too good to play the smaller county schools and that they should keep the tougher opponents such as DB and Science Hill. The other reason is deep down the leaders at Elizabethton knew what the outcome would be if they did play these smaller schools. It would have drawn a huge gate and then a big crowd would have got to see a once dominant program embarrassed on their home field. If you think that loss to HV was embarrassing back in 2000 just imagine getting beaten by 6 touchdowns by single A Cloudland! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I promise to Jesus it would have happened. And I absolutely love getting on here and humbling you cyclone fans with the truth! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just like Cloudland would have been so ready to play the Cyclones from 88' on. The difference in you and us is we play anybody whether we are loaded our not and I promise not matter how dillusional you may be Cloudland will never ever be in the same conversation as being good as DB and we play them every year. The reason we dont play you is the same reason we dont play Hampton, or Unaka we dont play down in Single A. Just face reality Betsy is a school that has always played up!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I need to tell the ole Capt. that I am a Cloudland fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And I was only talking about from 2000 til now. Cloudland would have beaten Elizabethton as bad as they wanted to from 2000 through 2003 and Hampton would have beaten you all as bad as they wanted to have from 2004 through 2007. I don't think this year will be any different. As tough of a game that Hampton gave Johnson Co., I don't look for it to be that tough when Elizabethton gets easily defeated by the longhorns. The point I'm trying to make is your leadership are cowards. They never would put us on the schedule for 2 reasons: to put on the front that they are too good to play the smaller county schools and that they should keep the tougher opponents such as DB and Science Hill. The other reason is deep down the leaders at Elizabethton knew what the outcome would be if they did play these smaller schools. It would have drawn a huge gate and then a big crowd would have got to see a once dominant program embarrassed on their home field. If you think that loss to HV was embarrassing back in 2000 just imagine getting beaten by 6 touchdowns by single A Cloudland! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> I promise to Jesus it would have happened. And I absolutely love getting on here and humbling you cyclone fans with the truth! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Elizabethton has played Kingsport Dobyns Bennett and Johnson City Science Hill for over 50 years. Whether these schools were in the same conference or split up due to classification, they have kept these games scheduled, even if not for any other reason but tradition. These communities play each other on the middle school level, Sevier, Robinson, Science Hill/Indian Trail, and T.A. Dugger all compete each against each other in the Middle 7 Conference, and the games are usually beneficial from middle school JV and varsity to high school freshman, JV, and varsity. The gate that Cloudland and Hampton might compile is easily matched by the larger schools of Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, the facilities at these schools are very much superior to stadiums of Cloudland and Hampton. Ticket revenues for these games played @ Elizabethton, @ Dobyns Bennett, or @ Science Hill all surpass the ticket revenues to be had from games played @ Cloudland or @ Hampton. The chances that Cloudland or Hampton will consistantly have the talent to play a competitive game against Elizabethon also plays a part in their disinterest in playing your smaller schools. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill have proven to, on a consistant basis, have the talent and coaching staffs to, year in and year out, play a competitive/beneficial game that will help Elizabethton improve. So, there are three more logical reasons why Eliabethton does not schedule Cloudland or Hampton, and continues to play Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill. 1) Tradition (50+ years) 2) Economics 3) Team Development.

P.S. - Your arguments are very weak, biased, and, I might add, sound like a jealous county school envying the traditions of the larger city school.

Elizabethton has played Kingsport Dobyns Bennett and Johnson City Science Hill for over 50 years. Whether these schools were in the same conference or split up due to classification, they have kept these games scheduled, even if not for any other reason but tradition. These communities play each other on the middle school level, Sevier, Robinson, Science Hill/Indian Trail, and T.A. Dugger all compete each against each other in the Middle 7 Conference, and the games are usually beneficial from middle school JV and varsity to high school freshman, JV, and varsity. The gate that Cloudland and Hampton might compile is easily matched by the larger schools of Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill, the facilities at these schools are very much superior to stadiums of Cloudland and Hampton. Ticket revenues for these games played @ Elizabethton, @ Dobyns Bennett, or @ Science Hill all surpass the ticket revenues to be had from games played @ Cloudland or @ Hampton. The chances that Cloudland or Hampton will consistantly have the talent to play a competitive game against Elizabethon also plays a part in their disinterest in playing your smaller schools. Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill have proven to, on a consistant basis, have the talent and coaching staffs to, year in and year out, play a competitive/beneficial game that will help Elizabethton improve. So, there are three more logical reasons why Eliabethton does not schedule Cloudland or Hampton, and continues to play Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill. 1) Tradition (50+ years) 2) Economics 3) Team Development.

P.S. - Your arguments are very weak, biased, and, I might add, sound like a jealous county school envying the traditions of the larger city school.

Well said! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My arguments are the truth. I've seen the stadium at Elizabethton almost empty because of your so called tradition. You are blind to the facts that politics have ruined your football program and just because Witten played in the NFL doesn't mean that he can transform wimps into football players. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And why would I be jealous of the larger city school when we've actually been to the big dance in the past quarter century. In the current playoff system, Cloudland is the only school this side of Bull's Gap to go to the Boro. Highlanders are rich in tradition. What bothers me is your leadership is arrogant and cowards. Put us on the schedule for a couple of years and play the game at Browns. I can get you some numbers if you want. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My arguments are the truth. I've seen the stadium at Elizabethton almost empty because of your so called tradition. You are blind to the facts that politics have ruined your football program and just because Witten played in the NFL doesn't mean that he can transform wimps into football players. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And why would I be jealous of the larger city school when we've actually been to the big dance in the past quarter century. In the current playoff system, Cloudland is the only school this side of Bull's Gap to go to the Boro. Highlanders are rich in tradition. What bothers me is your leadership is arrogant and cowards. Put us on the schedule for a couple of years and play the game at Browns. I can get you some numbers if you want. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Honkey Tonk Man sez ..

Little Fish in a little pond. Cry us a river. Get him a hanky he is crying so much the water is coming out of the banks of the Doe River.

The FTBMAN went to college and had to find a new screen name: JcToPpEr103803. Science Hill played well against South, but the running game was the main factor in the South win. EHS destroyed Happy Valley, BUT, my little sister could call the plays and still destroy HV. Heck, GILLIGANS play calling could destroy HV. Regardless this game will be a tale of speed. Kinley, Mitchell, Macpherson, vs: Carr, Fuqua, and Thomas. I'll take the bigger school in a 35-14 victory. It will be 28-7 going into the 4th, and both teams score final TDs in mop up duty.

Why don't you coach instead of complaining about SHHS's coach. Anyone can complain!