Cowbell Game: Giles County vs Lawrence County

bobcat35

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those games where you can always throw out the records. Both teams are 1-0 and have high hopes. Lawrence Co. beat Loretto 32-8. They were in a fight for a half before blowing the game wide open in the third quarter. Giles Co. beat Humboldt 26-14. That game was a real war until one Humboldt mistake paved the way for Giles Co. to pull away in the end.

Last year this game was a classic. Giles Co. jumped out to a quick 14-0 lead after running the football down the field at will. Houston and Perez made it look easy in the beginning. Lawrence Co. rallied later in the game and scored two TDs of their own. The difference in this game last year was two special teams plays. Kendall Dangerfield blocked a short FG attempt. After Lawrence Co. scored what looked to be a game tying TD the extra point attempt as blocked by Quon Reynolds. Those two plays were the difference IMO.

Looking at the teams I have to go with Giles Co. to get the "W". This does not automatically mean that Lawrence Co. will be overlooked though I am sure. Look for a 27-20 win for the Bobcats.

Isn't "big joe" the brother of Coach OC??????

Yes, but it ain't the same -our coach is BIG Joe and he wouldn't dare pick Lawrenceburg over Giles. These boys are ready for this game and Giles will pull out another win. These kids are very determined. Alot of these boys have been playing football together since they were 9, 10 and 11 years old in Pop Warner.

do students still make this game out to be as big as we used to.i know when i was growing up and when i was i high school it was a big deal to win or lose the cowbell ,well it seemed that way to me.it might have been that way to me because my mother went to Law-Co-High and my dad went to Giles Co.i just wondered if players and students still take this as a serious rivalry?another question what year did Lawrence Co. start playing at the field where they are at now?because i still remember watching some of their games at the old field behind E.O.Coffman..