Brentwood@ Smyrna

Bulldog86

Any thought's?

I think this is a big week for the 08 Bulldogs. They need to get some things straightened out and fast. Talent wise, they have what it takes do some good things this year. But do the have their heads on straight? Do they have what it take to come back from a big loss like last week and play the kind of football they need to. Do they now realize that they are not good enough to come into any game thinking the opponents will see that S on their hats and lay down. This is not to say, last week Smyrna was not beat by a beter team. They were bigger, faster, stronger and better prepared then Smyrna. But Smyrna played bad and did dumb things that took up them out of the game quick. I knew 25 minuets before the game, they were in trouble. Smyrna thought and played like they were not going to be in a game.

If they do it this week, they will be 0-2 and in a world of hurt.

Play Hard boys! Play with pride and heart and everything with take care of itself.

You should except a lose, if you play to your full potential but you should never except losing without playing 100% of the plays at 100%

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a Smyrna Boy Thru and Thru but if they come out looking even a little bit like last week they will be 0-2 and on there way to the bottom of the standings. We looked like the worst team in our div. last week. I know we got the talent do we have the Coaching??? I do not know!

no...they have no coaching...coaches have never coached football before... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

offcourse they have coaching...and good coaching...at least give them a year together before you start asking the coaching question...

This will be a much bigger test for Brentwood than last week, this time vs. the defending 5A champs.

While I don't think Smyrna has the incredible individual talent they've had the past three or four years, they still will be more talented than Centennial.

Defense will be more tested, and the offense will be asked to do more this week. Kicking game will be very important in turning around field position.

A good crowd will be on hand, and this will be a slugfest. While its out of region, the winner will feel they've accomplished something against a good team. The loser won't have to panic, but will use this test as a benchmark.

Brentwood 17 Smyrna 16.

Guest workinprogress

This will be a much bigger test for Brentwood than last week, this time vs. the defending 5A champs.

While I don't think Smyrna has the incredible individual talent they've had the past three or four years, they still will be more talented than Centennial.

Defense will be more tested, and the offense will be asked to do more this week. Kicking game will be very important in turning around field position.

A good crowd will be on hand, and this will be a slugfest. While its out of region, the winner will feel they've accomplished something against a good team. The loser won't have to panic, but will use this test as a benchmark.

Brentwood 17 Smyrna 16.

Good pick, Id say it will be a slightly bigger margin though. I'll say Brentwood 21 to 13.

This should be a good test to see if Region 6 is back to the norm of excellence after a sub par year (yes I know Indy went through a cake walk to the state title game). I pick Brentwood by 14.

it is never a cakewalk to get thru to the finals-----

brentwood early but think bryson will be difference (20 - 13 ) i am hoping for a bruin win however

it is never a cakewalk to get thru to the finals-----

brentwood early but think bryson will be difference (20 - 13 ) i am hoping for a bruin win however

I heard and saw some things yesterday that can be very interesting for this one. I will comment on this later in the week but it is about the QB position.

This should be a good test to see if Region 6 is back to the norm of excellence after a sub par year (yes I know Indy went through a cake walk to the state title game). I pick Brentwood by 14.

OK....Sleeper....I have sat back and listened to your input, opinions, comments mainly about Independence....but you are all over this forum on multple teams threads, and to be honest you don't have a clue!!!! EX: Independence...( A CAKE WALK????) Fraklin..pretty good team last year, Millington...very good undefeated team from memphis, and unless you were there to see their speed..YOU WOULD HAVE NO CLUE!!!! Please stop bashing what Independence has done and is trying to do!! Did you ever play the game??? I doubt it!!! but in case you did...I'm sure the bench felt great under your tail!!! Two things for you to learn before you post next.....1. DON'T WRITE THAT!!! 2. Learn what a good QB is made of....( Alex Heckman is the REAL DEAL) Please don't talk about interceptions either.....all QB's throw them...but it's the ones that continue to play and NOT FOLD!!!, that makes them winners in the end!!!

OK....Sleeper....I have sat back and listened to your input, opinions, comments mainly about Independence....but you are all over this forum on multple teams threads, and to be honest you don't have a clue!!!! EX: Independence...( A CAKE WALK????) Fraklin..pretty good team last year, Millington...very good undefeated team from memphis, and unless you were there to see their speed..YOU WOULD HAVE NO CLUE!!!! Please stop bashing what Independence has done and is trying to do!! Did you ever play the game??? I doubt it!!! but in case you did...I'm sure the bench felt great under your tail!!! Two things for you to learn before you post next.....1. DON'T WRITE THAT!!! 2. Learn what a good QB is made of....( Alex Heckman is the REAL DEAL) Please don't talk about interceptions either.....all QB's throw them...but it's the ones that continue to play and NOT FOLD!!!, that makes them winners in the end!!!

I'm sure you are still in high school and just a child. But try not to take things so personal. This is an online message board for different opinions on different topics. I will continue to give my input and opinion just as you should too. But quite frankly you have no idea who I am, nor do you know anything about me.

Were Gallatin and Antioch quality teams?

I expect that Smyrna did some major soul-searchinga nd gut checking after Friday night from coaches all the way down. I would bet that you will see a lot of improvements this Friday night. Saying that, we all know Coach Crawford has always played Smyrna tough and usually these games come down to the wire. Let's don't write Smyrna off just yet.....remember they had losses each yr as state champs. I do bet 82Cat is glad he retired and didn't have to see them go down to Siegel.