Brentwood@ Smyrna

Bulldog86

i just have to ask the question great coaching? i wanted to take a few days to think about this let me say nothing was corrected since the last game, smyrna got dominated at the line of scrimmage AGAIN #13 still tipping off where he is throwing the ball AGAIN, when bryson runs the ball smyrnas offensive line stands their and watches him run and do not block AGAIN, and their should have been more personal fouls called against smyrna they got away with several cheap shots, the whole team seems to be lost like they dont no where they are suppose to be, something else that bugged me their was a penalty against the brentwood offense in the second half nobody on smyrna could make a call 4th and short or 3rd and long so the jeoperdy song starts playin "oh yeah and smyrna was the home team" their does not seem to be any kind of leadership from anybody on the team which all goes back to coaching, now how about this question will smyrna win a game this year? this is the sloppiest smyrna football team that i have ever watched its just disappointing to watch from 2 time defending state champs to this, yes smyrna lost alot of talent this past year along with coaches but their ought to be enough talent on this team to win ball games, well i have gotten enough off of my chest, well for the first time since 92 i will miss a smyrna game to go watch two 1a schools play "ive heard that they have got some good coaches"

this is certainly a fair question...and notice i did say...give the guy a year to get his feet under him and the kids on board before the coaching question comes up...

my thoughts to him being a good coach are because...

he has been a highschool coach for 15 years...at smyrna and blackman (maybe other places)

he been on Shad's staff in the past

i've seen him up close for two years at BHS...very intense...good schemes...good defense at blackman last year with a young D...my son really grew as a player under him...whenever I asked questions i always got solid football answners about why he was doing what he was doing (i played at East Carolina...on a top 20 team in 1983...so i have at least a little knowledge and experience in what good coaching is...

good communicator...

hard worker

good character

principle for smyrna hired this guy and you know he wants a winner

very organized

but as i am assuming you know...a nearly total change in a coaching staff usually takes time to make it sucessful on the field...not always...but usually...add this with the fact that the bulldogs lost some incredible talent...especially rod and sonny and my expectations would be that their would be some struggle...actually i thought symrna would win the region again ...but it looks as if their are too many cracks to do so...and when you can't throw (which they have young QB's that in high school takes time to develop) and bryson as their star...teams put 8 in the box and it makes it double tough to win when you know what is coming

and...their have been alot of great coaches...high school and college who people have questioned at times...especially early on in their careers ...whether they could coach or not...this list could be hundreds of names long...but time would tell that they actually are good coaches...and in time...and that is all i was speaking of...give the new staff some time before the coaching question comes on the table...in some ways...they had IMPOSSIBLE shoes to fill...see also riverdale...complaints from some even though they are 2 time region champs...22-3 in two years and Coach A can't coach...does not make sense...matter of fact...Coach A has less to work with this year and he still may win the region...it would not surprise me a bit...because he is a great coach...but he still gets questions as to his ability to coach high school football...guess that is the norm for our culture

i understand the frustration...especially in light of expectations from the last two years...but the least these guys deserve is some time ...in this time...he and his staff are learning too...and hopefully making the adjustments they need to make to win over the long haul...hope this explains my "sarcastic " repsonse to the coaching question... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Blackman man do not take it personally. I have seen stuff at practice that makes me think we are UN coached, and UN Disciplined. I feel the coaches are not doing a good job. I have that right.

not taking it personally...and i was being sarcastic in my response for sure

i not even saying you are not right...

but please see my long post above for more of my thoughts on the "coaching question" with the bulldogs

not taking it personally...and i was being sarcastic in my response for sure

i not even saying you are not right...

but please see my long post above for more of my thoughts on the "coaching question" with the bulldogs

He may turn out to be great. But as the other smyrna poster said he changed nothing. And the sad thing is that no sub's were brought in during the romp. There is no discipline or control on that field. This is the worst I have seen Smyrna look in a long time. But hey I still gotta say...Go Dogs.