Independence @ Kenwood

sleeper3773

I would bet my top dollar he was talking about Scott Smith not Nick Smith.

And yes Indy did loose a lot of talent in their skill positions, but there o-line and receivers as a whole are better. The secondary is the same minus Baugh. And the QB is the same, so I don't think there's that much drop off except with the few you named and in addition with Stout on the o-line and Veras the Kicker.

Agreed. Indy did lose some great players, especially Veras who was an outstanding all around player on defense, offense and kicking. Stannard is doing a great job of filling his shoes and the Leake kid (sophomore I believe) is showing great promise as kicker. Other than one kick last night when the holder didn't get the ball on the T, Leake did well. He made all other X-points and kickoffs looked great. With Stannard not able to kick yet due to an injury, I feel Leake is filling the role nicely. Experience and confidence will make him more solid in the coming years. Young team - yes, but full of talent! I believe this year and the next few years to follow will be some of Indy's best! Young talent looks good! Looking forward to a great season and watching this young team mature into a POWERHOUSE!

By the way, Drew Kelley on the line is amazing! He is a sophomore as well and I believe he will be playing college ball somewhere in the future!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks as though it was a solid performance by the Eagles. If someone could give us a recap.

Indy looked good, but is still improving. Heckman looked great in passing and running the ball. RB Bailey had some great runs as well as WR williams. Boatman and Norman had some dropped balls which should have been TD's. Those two are so fast, but need to work on catching the ball with hands and not body! Sheppard and Stannard had some great runs/catches as well with Stannard scoring one of the TD's. D-line still needs some work, but sure that will be worked out. Kenwood did not score after the 1st half. Should have been 50-7, but Indy is still working out a few kinks.

Indy's second team offense went in at very end of game and although WR #28 (I believe) ran the ball down the field a ways on 3rd down, it was called back because of a penalty. Second string QB Smith then threw an interception right before the end of the game.

Newspaper article on game highlights....

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....348/1006/SPORTS

Indy looked good, but is still improving. Heckman looked great in passing and running the ball. RB Bailey had some great runs as well as WR williams. Boatman and Norman had some dropped balls which should have been TD's. Those two are so fast, but need to work on catching the ball with hands and not body! Sheppard and Stannard had some great runs/catches as well with Stannard scoring one of the TD's. D-line still needs some work, but sure that will be worked out. Kenwood did not score after the 1st half. Should have been 50-7, but Indy is still working out a few kinks.

Indy's second team offense went in at very end of game and although WR #28 (I believe) ran the ball down the field a ways on 3rd down, it was called back because of a penalty. Second string QB Smith then threw an interception right before the end of the game.

Newspaper article on game highlights....

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/apps/pbcs....348/1006/SPORTS

According to your links article, it was the 'first string' QB who threw the int. I guess you need to read the link. Or was this report inaccurate? Fairness in media?

According to your links article, it was the 'first string' QB who threw the int. I guess you need to read the link. Or was this report inaccurate? Fairness in media?

Heckman had no interceptions last night and he is the starting QB. Smith had an interception in the last minutes of the game. If the article said that, then it was wrong.

Ok - reread the article and saw where it said 2 interceptions....didn't remember Heckman throwing an interception, but knew Smith threw one at the end of the game. Maybe someone else remembers Heckman's, but I don't.

sub par year?? We made it to the state championship, and we had to beat Franklin in the quarterfinals... i'm pretty sure that is a little better than sub par

INDY NATION!

I hate to tell you but the region was down. If Indy had gone up the other side of the bracket (east side) it would have been a 2nd round exit at best. The region was real young last year. Anytime you have a team late in the season playing for the region championship in Brentwood, with the out of region record they had there are problems. I could go on forever but the fact of the bottom line is the region was down but looks to be back on track this year.