Franklin/Sonic Tournament

Hoganknows

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Trinity! Goodpasture is such a great program with a winning tradition. I'm sure the team was excited to beat such an awesome opponent, and they will hopefully carry it forward towards their goals of winning state. Not sure why everyone is surprised they did as well as they did; they've been a great team the past few years. Ellen and Ivy are gifted pitchers who have worked hard to get where they are. I think most knowledgeable people would also admit that it helps to have a great TEAM behind you. You have to be one if you're gonna go toe-to-toe with Goodpasture for 9 innings. Anyone know how the run scored?

A single A team from WEST TN wins the tournament!! Interesting....don't you think?

Not considering it was a single A PRIVATE school from metro Jackson beating a AA PRIVATE from metro Nashville. Not bashing either one as both are top-notch programs with great players who are good folks. Just pointing out that some things never change.

Wasn't able to be there but I was told that it was during international tie breaker with runner on 2nd and a ball was hit in the gap to the to score the run.

Heard it was a great game with runners on third several times. Props to Trinity to only give up 3 hits to GP and i heard one of those was actually a bunt gone bad.

Not considering it was a single A PRIVATE school from metro Jackson beating a AA PRIVATE from metro Nashville. Not bashing either one as both are top-notch programs with great players who are good folks. Just pointing out that some things never change.

What is it that never "CHANGES"?

Is it that some programs like GP,GPS,TCA,Soddy,Beech,ect work hard year in/out to get better?

Congrats to Trinity! Goodpasture is such a great program with a winning tradition. I'm sure the team was excited to beat such an awesome opponent, and they will hopefully carry it forward towards their goals of winning state. Not sure why everyone is surprised they did as well as they did; they've been a great team the past few years. Ellen and Ivy are gifted pitchers who have worked hard to get where they are. I think most knowledgeable people would also admit that it helps to have a great TEAM behind you. You have to be one if you're gonna go toe-to-toe with Goodpasture for 9 innings. Anyone know how the run scored?

Yes, those sister's are a great one two punch for Trinity..class program with class fans. I believe they gave up only one run the whole tourney.

Goodpasture also very tuff again this season....their starting pitcher went out in the 4th or 5th inning with a knee injury trying to field a bunt. Hope she is going to be well for remaining part of season.

Are you saying "the rich keep gettin richer", or, are you injecting the public school v. private school debate. Heck, bottom line is pitching. Trinity has two pitchers that can keep most at bay. GP has a couple of good ones as well but not good as Trinity. They were almost good enough yesterday, however. It don't matter whether you are up with me on the hill or if you are in the valley...the teams with the best pitchers have the best chance. Pick a division and it generally holds true. Last year in AAA Ooltewah had the best pitcher after Hosfield went down...and they won the state. They played Beech and Beech had the best 2 pitcher combination in the state last year. Goodpasture (GP) in AA has won 5-6 or 7 state championships in a row and each year they had dominant pitching. Single A was the same last year. BUT, guess what? Trinity did not win.

What this means is pitching is the ingredient that keeps teams in a position to win. It cannot win it cause pitchers cannot score runs. So, the public v. private debate is not the issue. If they give scholarships they must play in a separate division. If they are in the A, AA, AAA division and they are recruiting...they are cheating.

Just because any team has dominant pitching does not mean they are bad. More importantly, they are lucky.

Are you saying "the rich keep gettin richer", or, are you injecting the public school v. private school debate. Heck, bottom line is pitching. Trinity has two pitchers that can keep most at bay. GP has a couple of good ones as well but not good as Trinity. They were almost good enough yesterday, however. It don't matter whether you are up with me on the hill or if you are in the valley...the teams with the best pitchers have the best chance. Pick a division and it generally holds true. Last year in AAA Ooltewah had the best pitcher after Hosfield went down...and they won the state. They played Beech and Beech had the best 2 pitcher combination in the state last year. Goodpasture (GP) in AA has won 5-6 or 7 state championships in a row and each year they had dominant pitching. Single A was the same last year. BUT, guess what? Trinity did not win.

What this means is pitching is the ingredient that keeps teams in a position to win. It cannot win it cause pitchers cannot score runs. So, the public v. private debate is not the issue. If they give scholarships they must play in a separate division. If they are in the A, AA, AAA division and they are recruiting...they are cheating.

Just because any team has dominant pitching does not mean they are bad. More importantly, they are lucky.

Could not agree more Nice Guy, and my kid goes to a public school.

I totally agree. That's why I specifically pointed out that both are great programs, with great players, who do things the right way. My post was directed towards the poster that seemed surprised that a single A school could compete with GP. I just wanted to point out that the single A school he was talking about was also a small private school from a metro area just like Goodpasture. And they are very lucky, but you can't argue that the small to mid-size private schools in metro areas sure seem to be lucky pretty often. Before you get upset at that statement understand that if I lived in a metro area I would love for my kids to go to one of those schools as they are wonderful places for your kids. That doesn't mean that I think they should be battling truly rural schools for titles. JMO