Top Guards in East Tennessee

GHSgozz22

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you call challenging? AAA region almost always beats your region in sectional play. I don't understand the point. If our region beats your region top teams, then who's region is lacking? Just win your region. Science Hill or DB will be there. But, you tend to store your pom-poms in the closet earlier than the Hill does.

OUR region is lacking Maryville??? You have got to be kidding me. Stokomo is exactly right..our region almost always tops yours in sectional play. Ex...William Blount beat your so-called great Rebels and they came to "The Hill" and we showed them what real competition is. Your region is seriously lacking. Bearden is pretty good but that's it. All you have is Humphrey and he is for sure good but the rest of your team does not impress. DB and TN High and Greeneville are also in SH's region and they are much better than the rest of the teams you guys play. Our region is better than yours..there is not even an arguement here.

Guest caligula
Posted by Surf4life:

OUR region is lacking Maryville??? You have got to be kidding me. Stokomo is exactly right..our region almost always tops yours in sectional play. Ex...William Blount beat your so-called great Rebels and they came to "The Hill" and we showed them what real competition is. Your region is seriously lacking. Bearden is pretty good but that's it. All you have is Humphrey and he is for sure good but the rest of your team does not impress. DB and TN High and Greeneville are also in SH's region and they are much better than the rest of the teams you guys play. Our region is better than yours..there is not even an arguement here.

You didn't get to play against Tyler Gaskin and Carl Stewart. They are in Fball. Greenville, that is funny cause Maryville beat Malone and Co. in the christmas tourney. We'll see if Maryville gets to play some of those NE Powerhouses in the Arby's tourney.

Hey Stokomo, I beg to differ that K-town's AA teams are better than their AAA teams. Bearden has taken it to AE the past two seasons. I also think that Region 2 can hang, or might be a little bit better than Region 1. Bearden, Maryville, Farragut, William Blount, Oak Ridge, Clinton, and Powell. Those are 7 pretty danrn good teams to me. Region 1, does have quality teams, but they don't have the depth that Region 2 has. :D

Read my memo...My comment was AA could give our AAA a better game than your AAA could. It's basically true. You named several teams but not many could hang w/ Science Hill or DB. I believe Elizabethton came to Knoxville this summer and ruled the roost. They are AA but good as any AAA. You named William Blount...we all know what happened to them. And Maryville got beat by Blount. Next!!! Bearden...maybe one or to good years. Farragut who? Where have they been? I'll agree with Oak Ridge, they're pretty good. Clinton and Powell together couldn't beat Science Hill, D-B, or Elizabethton. Elizabethton is AA and they could just about beat any of the AAA from Knoxville.

Guest caligula

Nahhhhhhh, I don't think Elizabethon wants any of the K-metro AAA boys. You keep naming Science Hill and DB that is 2 teams compared to FHS, MHS, BHS, ORHS, and so on. AE is good but I say Bearden and Maryville would give SH a better game than they would.

You keep naming farragut & bearden. They don't compare to Science Hill or DB or even Elizabethton for that matter. And no one wants to play Elizabethton this year. Science Hill doesn't wantto play them. They are AA by school size, not competitiveness. They are as good as any AAA team in East TN. Austin East only beat them by 5 in the sectional last year and they have everybody back again. Vince Redd is stronger than ever. BJ Miller will light it up again.

Umm...you continue to mention two teams, two teams does not make up your region, a region is made up of 13 or so teams and you can only name two that is actually any good! We have Campbell County, decent, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, Sevier County, and William Blount! Incase you cannot count thats 7 teams to your two teams! Our region looks like the stronger of the two. Notice I said OUR REGION not our top two teams!