Top Guards in East Tennessee

GHSgozz22

Uh Farragut=no good,Campbelle County=no good,Sevier County=no good,William Blount=nothing impressive,Maryville=got beat by William Blount,Oak Ridge=decent,Bearden=the only team that is pretty good. Ok so that is 2-3 pretty good teams....Maryville,Oak Ridge,and Bearden. Now Science Hill,Dobyns-Bennett,Greeneville,Tennessee High all are pretty good teams with exception of SH and DB who are very talented. Nobody in your region could hang with SH or DB. That means our region has 2 teams that could most likely whip everyone in your region. Sad but true. Like I said come talk to me when your region has teams contending for state chanpionships every year. Later

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Maryville playin in the Arby's? It'd be nice. Hopefully the field will be better than last year. Well has any heard what the field will be?

and Stokomo Science Hill is missin a team to play at Roundball. Alcoa dropped out on them. What a perfect oppurtunity to see an Elizabethton/Science Hill game, right?

and I think we are short one game as well...hmm... ;)

It would be great for the game if Elizabethton and Science Hill were to match up, but Poe will not schedule Betsy. It may be because Betsy is AAand if Science Hill were to lose to a AA team, then their power ranking would get crushed. You will have to ask Poe why they don't schedule them. DB still does.

As for Maryville.....you can name all of Knox county schools for the sake of getting names. But the fact is not many at all can compare to Science Hill or DB. Maryville is good, Oak Ridge is good. On a good year, Bearden can be competitive. There is no one else who has even challenged for the state from that area, have they? Let's see....Science Hill has been and won regularly, TN High has been. DB has been. Elizabethton will be there this year. Even Daniel Boone has been to the state and I didn't even mention them. Also, Greeneville has been. What are you talking about there is not many in our area? Maryville, come on down to the Arby's Classic and see if Maryville can win. Maybe I'll have some Science Hill, DB, or Elizabethton T-Shirts I can give you.

Posted by MaryvilleRebels:

Umm...you continue to mention two teams, two teams does not make up your region, a region is made up of 13 or so teams and you can only name two that is actually any good! We have Campbell County, decent, Oak Ridge, Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, Sevier County, and William Blount! Incase you cannot count thats 7 teams to your two teams! Our region looks like the stronger of the two. Notice I said OUR REGION not our top two teams!

Maryville, Bearden and Oak Ridge are the only teams in region 2 that are worthy of mention here.

Farragut basketball is comparable to D-B football...overrated.

Sevier County is decent, but not consistently.

You hear something good about William Blount when they go above .500.

Campbell County is fortunate to have basketball baecause their football team is never good, but the roundballers aren't on the level of Greeneville, Boone or Betsy but like maybe once or twice in a 6-year period. And Besty is AA now.

Anyway, when it comes to basketball Region 1-AAA has the upper hand on Region 2.

But I'm just one guy with a thought. Who else has a thought?

;)

Posted by Stokomo:

It would be great for the game if Elizabethton and Science Hill were to match up, but Poe will not schedule Betsy. It may be because Betsy is AAand if Science Hill were to lose to a AA team, then their power ranking would get crushed. You will have to ask Poe why they don't schedule them. DB still does.

As for Maryville.....you can name all of Knox county schools for the sake of getting names. But the fact is not many at all can compare to Science Hill or DB. Maryville is good, Oak Ridge is good. On a good year, Bearden can be competitive. There is no one else who has even challenged for the state from that area, have they? Let's see....Science Hill has been and won regularly, TN High has been. DB has been. Elizabethton will be there this year. Even Daniel Boone has been to the state and I didn't even mention them. Also, Greeneville has been. What are you talking about there is not many in our area? Maryville, come on down to the Arby's Classic and see if Maryville can win. Maybe I'll have some Science Hill, DB, or Elizabethton T-Shirts I can give you.

Stokomo, I think Betsy should be there and probably will be there, but let's hope for the sake of Walter Brown and B.J. Miller that Big Vince is a little more involved in the flow of the game to make it easier. I know some of the calls he got against him in the Claiborne County game in the Region quarters were questionable, but that was nothing compared to Chase McBee getting mugged twice in a row against Central (with no call) and then McBee getting called for a blocking foul (when he was planted for the charge) in the earlier boy's game.

I'm sure Poe doesn't want to play Betsy for the exact reason you stated. The Toppers can only damage themselves with that game, especially if they lose. No matter how good the 'Clones are, AAA teams aren't supposed to lose to AA teams and so on.

But I agree, it would be great for the game.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 9-12-02 9:47A]

I am glad you posted about Malone & Co. Caligula. It gives me a great example of Maryville. No matter how good Malone is, Greeneville doesn't have the guards to get him the ball. You have to have more than one player. Maryville has decent players around Lee Humphrey, but not of any caliber as Science Hill. One can only wish for a match up in the Arby's classic.

Guest caligula
Posted by Stokomo:

I am glad you posted about Malone & Co. Caligula. It gives me a great example of Maryville. No matter how good Malone is, Greeneville doesn't have the guards to get him the ball. You have to have more than one player. Maryville has decent players around Lee Humphrey, but not of any caliber as Science Hill. One can only wish for a match up in the Arby's classic.

I noticed that he was good but they didn't have the best ball movement in the world.

Matt Malone has the potential to go D1. I don't know how hard he has worked over the summer, but if I had any guess, I'd say his father made sure he worked his butt off. As far as Greeneville goes, they are seriously lacking guards. If they would have had a true point guard last year, they might have beaten Science Hill. We will see if Greeneville has a guard for all those big men.