Bearden Tournament

BigG

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a lot of good soccer this past weekend at the Bearden tournament. I was most impressed by a freshman at Catholic (*7 McKenzie) who ended up scoring 9 goals in 3 games! Was she the highest scorer of the tournament? She was an awesome athlete and only a freshman! I will definately be watching more Catholic games in the future.

SoccerObserver

I saw a lot of good soccer this past weekend at the Bearden tournament. I was most impressed by a freshman at Catholic (*7 McKenzie) who ended up scoring 9 goals in 3 games! Was she the highest scorer of the tournament? She was an awesome athlete and only a freshman! I will definately be watching more Catholic games in the future.

SoccerObserver

SoccerObserver, just curious, did you see the Catholic/Karns game? If so, it looked like Catholic had a 2-0 lead and then lost 4-3. What happened?

SoccerObserver, just curious, did you see the Catholic/Karns game? If so, it looked like Catholic had a 2-0 lead and then lost 4-3. What happened?

That was a fun game to watch, Karns missed a few break in the first half and Catholic capitalize on their best chance at the end of the first half and early in the second half. It was obvious that Karns was going to score just a mother of time, from my point of view they pressured the Catholic back line so much in the first half my mid second half the Catholic back line looked tired, the score could have been a bit more lop sided had Karns finished some of the opportunities they had late in the second half. Over all fun game from tow young teams, I thought both teams were very well coached.

Catholic girls all went to a school dance the night before, past midnight. This is why they looked so tired. They also were missing 2 key players, their best defender and a midfielder that was injured at the Friday night game vs. Cookeville. Typical of what you can expect from young, inexperienced players. Hopefully they learned their lesson and will show up to play from now on. Yes, the score was 2-0 at half in Catholic's favor.

Catholic girls all went to a school dance the night before, past midnight. This is why they looked so tired. They also were missing 2 key players, their best defender and a midfielder that was injured at the Friday night game vs. Cookeville. Typical of what you can expect from young, inexperienced players. Hopefully they learned their lesson and will show up to play from now on. Yes, the score was 2-0 at half in Catholic's favor.

I saw them play in the jamboree and was very impressed with their young talent. I was surprised to see the turnaround in the Karns game (not that Karns doesn't have a good team because I thought they looked pretty good at the jamboree as well). The school dance and key injuries does help explain 4 straight goals! I hope the injured girls are doing well.

I saw them play in the jamboree and was very impressed with their young talent. I was surprised to see the turnaround in the Karns game (not that Karns doesn't have a good team because I thought they looked pretty good at the jamboree as well). The school dance and key injuries does help explain 4 straight goals! I hope the injured girls are doing well.

Karns is pretty injured has well, I think it was a good game like I said, you can can not go ahead 2 -0 in a game and claimed injury and other reasons are why you lost, I think that cheapened Karns effort into coming back.

14 freshmen, 4 sophomores and 1 junior. Grace is the junior. HVA also has Gretchen Johnson (Soph) and Allie Kington (Fr) as well as several other very good players

Alli Kington is awesome! I coached her last season! What a great young lady. I wish her all the best at HVA. Dad1khs, if you see her, will you tell her that "G" said hello and we miss her? (Also tell her I OWNED Brittany Hoffman in crossbar this summer!)