• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collierville 1 ECS 0

Oak Ridge 4 Briarcrest 0

Greenville 3 St. George 1

Dobyns Bennett 0 St. Agnes 0

Thanks for the update. Just started to ask Canes if he still knew anyone at Collierville that might know the scores of their game. Is ECS that good or is my suspicion that C may not be as strong as they wish to be at this point in time correct? Same question for Oak Ridge. Some say Briarcrest is strong. Tell us from "eye witness" perspectives.

I saw DB and SAA. Tough game, offensively dominated by SAA. Fairly physical, Ref over reffed, but didn't let it get out of control and no players got hurt. Not true for DB parents and coach. Yellow and Red cards, not in that order. #11, gave her all and was given a great deal back by the SAA defenders. You could feel how important the game was to her and the entire DB squad. Congrates to both teams. Really a quality game.

FYI: keep the Darlington girls in your thoughts and prayers as some of their girls were in an auto accident on the way to school to travel to KHT. Reports is that they are ok, but will not make the tournament. Tough timing for them.

Thanks for the update. Just started to ask Canes if he still knew anyone at Collierville that might know the scores of their game. Is ECS that good or is my suspicion that C may not be as strong as they wish to be at this point in time correct? Same question for Oak Ridge. Some say Briarcrest is strong. Tell us from "eye witness" perspectives.

I saw DB and SAA. Tough game, offensively dominated by SAA. Fairly physical, Ref over reffed, but didn't let it get out of control and no players got hurt. Not true for DB parents and coach. Yellow and Red cards, not in that order. #11, gave her all and was given a great deal back by the SAA defenders. You could feel how important the game was to her and the entire DB squad. Congrates to both teams. Really a quality game.

FYI: keep the Darlington girls in your thoughts and prayers as some of their girls were in an auto accident on the way to school to travel to KHT. Reports is that they are ok, but will not make the tournament. Tough timing for them.

Oak Ridge came to play and played well they did.....strong, aggressive keeper and defense kept kept Briacrest offense away while the Oak Ridge offense played a very smart and skilled game. Congrats to Oak Ridge. Briacrest couldn't get a good flow going and played very flat. I would hope that the result had something to do with the fact that the team left at 6:30 in the morning only to find out that the 3:00 game against Columbia Central had been cancelled and had been switched to be 8:45 against Oak Ridge. Hopefully, Saturday will bring more focus. Briarcrest played all 20 players that came to Oak Ridge which was a great experience for some of the girls. Again...Oak Ridge played well and deserved the win.

I heard Notre Dame beat Hutchison 3 to 0.....any news on the game?

Briarcrest played all 20 players that came to Oak Ridge which was a great experience for some of the girls. Again...Oak Ridge played well and deserved the win.

Yes, Oak Ridge played VERY GOOD. What a pleasure this game was to watch. The sprirt of the players and the parents was contagious. Congratulations great TEAM WORK.

Opinions on questions:

You know things are sorting themselves out at this point. Is ECS that strong? I only have Knox area teams like Bearden, CAK, and OR to compare with, so my comments come from that perspective.

ECS has some athletes, no question. They've got a couple of dangerous kids with #21 and #9 (sorry, don't know names). But I don't think they're ready to seriously challenge a team like Baylor yet.

I think it must be a combination of ECS being pretty good and Collierville being down just a little from last year. Really, Collierville controlled most of the action against ECS and there's no question they've got a lot of good kids, but based on last night, Collierville seems to be finding its way a little. I think they have the talent that if they keep working, they will continue to improve. You'd have to expect this, I guess, given the turnover they had from last year's squad. When and if they discover their chemistry and identity, they have the overall talent and coaching to be very, very good.

As for Briarcrest, what can you say? They seemed better than a 4-0 team. But they came back and lost to Cleveland Saturday morning 4-0, too. As for OR, they apparently played poorly in their own match Saturday and lost 2-0 to Beech.

Part of these results may be the tournament format...playing late Friday then having to come back early the next day to play.

Bottom line: Collierville, OR, ECS at their best all have the squads to give the best teams in their respective divisions tough games. Collierville, because of their overall talent and depth, probably has the best opportunity to continue to improve and therefore go the farthest this season.

Briarcrest - 2

Greenville - 1

Briarcrest got their act together and beat Greenville 2 to 1 with Briarcrest having numerous opportunities. Greenville scored their only goal in the first minute and then didn't have many opportunities after that. Briarcrest had one goal called back with an offsides call.

This was much improved over last year's showing against Greenville and all players received plenty of play time with one half primarily being played by the younger bench players including 3 freshman while six starters never entering during the half. All of the girls stepped it up for this game with good ball movement.

Opinions on questions:

You know things are sorting themselves out at this point. Is ECS that strong? I only have Knox area teams like Bearden, CAK, and OR to compare with, so my comments come from that perspective.

ECS has some athletes, no question. They've got a couple of dangerous kids with #21 and #9 (sorry, don't know names). But I don't think they're ready to seriously challenge a team like Baylor yet.

I think it must be a combination of ECS being pretty good and Collierville being down just a little from last year. Really, Collierville controlled most of the action against ECS and there's no question they've got a lot of good kids, but based on last night, Collierville seems to be finding its way a little. I think they have the talent that if they keep working, they will continue to improve. You'd have to expect this, I guess, given the turnover they had from last year's squad. When and if they discover their chemistry and identity, they have the overall talent and coaching to be very, very good.

As for Briarcrest, what can you say? They seemed better than a 4-0 team. But they came back and lost to Cleveland Saturday morning 4-0, too. As for OR, they apparently played poorly in their own match Saturday and lost 2-0 to Beech.

Part of these results may be the tournament format...playing late Friday then having to come back early the next day to play.

Bottom line: Collierville, OR, ECS at their best all have the squads to give the best teams in their respective divisions tough games. Collierville, because of their overall talent and depth, probably has the best opportunity to continue to improve and therefore go the farthest this season.

Great points all along. I did re-read your post and then found something that was full of thought....

"Part of these results may be the tournament format...playing late Friday then having to come back early the next day to play."

Funny, club players do this nearly every weekend, or at least those club teams that are active. In fact, a lot of club players actually play the entire match w/o subbing. So in that respect, that is not that different. Then you think about this for a few and have to say, well, which team has the most club players? Perhaps this further defines the players on the team. THose that don't play club hae not dealt with this before. It's one thing to "suit up" for these back to back games, it's another thing to be "match ready" physically AND mentally. This further defines the remaining few teams playing into November.