Dyersburg at Haywood week 2

Trojan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So ar the Dburg fans are pretty humble. I can go with that. Haywood is really not that good, though. Turnovers and getting outplayed falls on the coaching staff. Turnovers can be corrected but getting outplayed is another story. That falls on the coaches shoulders. The only point I was making is that I didn't bye into all the hype about the coach. I'm not knocking the man because he is a great coach. I don't care how good a coach is he can't win big without the horses.When you cut to the chase the teams with the most play makers usually win. I don't think either team is going to overwhelm anybody with playmakers. Not downplaying coaching at all.....Highschool is just like any other level...it all comes down to talent. Perhaps Dburg is not as well conditioned as everyone was saying because Haywood is not that well conditioned and when the 4th qrt rolls around a superior conditioned team in a close game will usually impose there will on the other team and from the score we all know that didn't happen here.

Dyersburg had it FIRST and goal on the 10 with under 4 to go and the score tied..FUMBLE...The defense held...Punt by Haywood...FUMBLE....Then the Grandberry kid breaks off the long run...ends up 6 -3....Dyersburg offense it sounds needs ALOT of work...But take it the fact you have NO KID WHO STARTED LAST YEAR ON OFFENSE and we still almost pulled it out...This team has alot of work to do....No, Counce DOESN"T have alot of talent...NEVER HAS...But we will be OK...Look for them to bounce back next week...And the kid from Northside ( Mann) they play next week was the best back I saw all last year....Talent Wise Haywood is ALWAYS better than Dyersburg... We will be fine...GO TROJANS....

It is very obvious that some posters on here do not understand football. Haywood is big, fast, and strong on both sides of the ball. I saw them play at JCM and last night and they made lots of improvement. Haywood has the most talent in the region. Only time will tell, but I believe that Haywood will win the region and Dyersburg will be second. I am not making any excuses we got beat last night. I also saw some great things from an extremely young team.

This Trojan team has ZERO returning starters on offense and almost pulled out a big win against a tough opponent while making a ton of mistakes. The future is bright in Trojanland!!!

It is very obvious that some posters on here do not understand football.....I agree 100%. It's also very obvious that some fans judgements are clouded from being HOMERS!!!!!! It amazes me how everytime a team loses the fans always say there team makes a ton of mistakes....every fan for every teams uses that line instead of giving the opposing team credit for causing those mistakes...that line is like a broken record. I bet ive heard it about 1 million times and will most likely hear it another million times. It's all about talent and play makers...it's really that simple. It's not rocket science like some make it out to be. And just for the record..no disrespect against Haywood..but they are really not that good....Like Volunteergeneral said. I to watched the Haywood/JCM game and was not impressed with Haywood and stated so before last nights game.

Only time will tell, but I believe that Haywood will win the region and Dyersburg will be second.

Well, I'll give you this...that was a pretty gutsy statement. There are many reasons I don't ever make predictions like this. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> That aside I believe D-burg will improve as the year goes on.....but ya gotta figure in the other teams improving as well /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> D-burg has my support except for that one game a year...you have great coaches and a young team to work with...those are a plus.

It is very obvious that some posters on here do not understand football.....I agree 100%. It's also very obvious that some fans judgements are clouded from being HOMERS!!!!!! It amazes me how everytime a team loses the fans always say there team makes a ton of mistakes....every fan for every teams uses that line instead of giving the opposing team credit for causing those mistakes...that line is like a broken record. I bet ive heard it about 1 million times and will most likely hear it another million times. It's all about talent and play makers...it's really that simple. It's not rocket science like some make it out to be. And just for the record..no disrespect against Haywood..but they are really not that good....Like Volunteergeneral said. I to watched the Haywood/JCM game and was not impressed with Haywood and stated so before last nights game.

Only time will tell if I am a "homer" or not. If I am........ I'm sure you will let me know. This will be a fun season for all. Good luck to EVERY team and may the best man win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Only time will tell if I am a "homer" or not. If I am........ I'm sure you will let me know. This will be a fun season for all. Good luck to EVERY team and may the best man win. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh it's obvious you are a HOMER!!! No question about that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It's also obvious you know more than everybody else about football to..heck, you pretty much said as much /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I, like you would also like to wish every team GOOD LUCK /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It is very obvious that some posters on here do not understand football. Haywood is big, fast, and strong on both sides of the ball. I saw them play at JCM and last night and they made lots of improvement. Haywood has the most talent in the region. Only time will tell, but I believe that Haywood will win the region and Dyersburg will be second. I am not making any excuses we got beat last night. I also saw some great things from an extremely young team.

This Trojan team has ZERO returning starters on offense and almost pulled out a big win against a tough opponent while making a ton of mistakes. The future is bright in Trojanland!!!

So, DC or any of the other region teams are no threat????? WE always consider a rival a threat.....be careful to not overlook anyone....it could come back to bite you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am not from haywood or dyersburg but i went to the game last night and i see that most if not all you posters have missed the boat!

first of all... Dyersburg has talent... the running game was really on spot and the dyersburg tailback is one of the best i have seen this year... definitly better than any running back haywood has. Defense was the great on both teams.

second.. neither team was gassed in the 4th quarter... it was a battle all the way through.

third.. both teams are young... according to the roster i had, haywood played with 10 sophmores or juniors on offense and like dyersburg none of which started last season. this tells me and should tell you that the players on both teams are gaining experience each game and will get better as the season goes.

fourth... coaching has a lot to do with it when teams are young.

and lastly... fumbles and muffs are a credit to defense. haywood defense stepped up when it needed to a hit hard and one time obviously stripped the ball.

in three games now i have seen or heard of the team haywood is playing muffing punts.. three times at JCM.. 2 last week and 2 more last night.... the kicker of coverage team has a lot to do with it... heck one time is a mistake... but 7 muffs in 3 games is good coverage or great kicker.

and haywood has a great kicker.

both teams will make some noise this year, Dyersburg has nothing to hand their heads about... they fought hard and so did haywood.

great game and i am glad i chose to watch this one over any jackson game this week.

I pulled for D-burg this game...I know what they lost AND I know what they have gained with coaching staff. I wasn't at the game. D-burg has always had some talented athletes. I JUST DO NOT think you should overlook anyone in your region. Seen some wild things happen on Friday nights /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

i am not from haywood or dyersburg but i went to the game last night and i see that most if not all you posters have missed the boat!

first of all... Dyersburg has talent... the running game was really on spot and the dyersburg tailback is one of the best i have seen this year... definitly better than any running back haywood has. Defense was the great on both teams.

second.. neither team was gassed in the 4th quarter... it was a battle all the way through.

third.. both teams are young... according to the roster i had, haywood played with 10 sophmores or juniors on offense and like dyersburg none of which started last season. this tells me and should tell you that the players on both teams are gaining experience each game and will get better as the season goes.

fourth... coaching has a lot to do with it when teams are young.

and lastly... fumbles and muffs are a credit to defense. haywood defense stepped up when it needed to a hit hard and one time obviously stripped the ball.

in three games now i have seen or heard of the team haywood is playing muffing punts.. three times at JCM.. 2 last week and 2 more last night.... the kicker of coverage team has a lot to do with it... heck one time is a mistake... but 7 muffs in 3 games is good coverage or great kicker.

and haywood has a great kicker.

both teams will make some noise this year, Dyersburg has nothing to hand their heads about... they fought hard and so did haywood.

great game and i am glad i chose to watch this one over any jackson game this week.

Thats a very good post. My only point is that sometimes fans make it seem as if there team is the best coached and conditioned team in the history of highschool football. I don't believe that! I think there are many many good coaches in this area. As to Haywood..I saw Haywood/JCM and was not very impressed with Haywood and stand by that. Having siad that, each team should and will get better with each game. I just think it's a bit premature to crown these two teams as the cream of the crop of the region and just outright dismiss everybody else...Just my opinion. I know you aren't saying that, but some do. It appears that is what alot have already done and the sason just started...dismiss other teams outright. Perhaps there is a reason neither team was gassed in the 4th qrt. and that reason is because neither is a great team and neither presented the other the type of game that either would be gassed. Not saying they aren't good either, just maybe not ready for prime time. Possibly next season..like you said to much inexpierence.

I also saw Jackson SS take JCM to the woodshed. I was not at the Dburg/HC game (went to SS/Chester County) but from your post it appears to me you are pretty much on point..very good insight from an objective viewpoint. BTW..i'm from Jackson so I don't have ave a dog in the hunt.