Crockett County vs. Covington

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think Crockett will take this one pretty easily. Covington seems to be slipping downward right now. They have been are feared program in the past but that is not the case right now. Can Crockett put together a top year? Time will tell.

Tupelo did beat Covington 42-0 last week. However, they have 3000 students. This was a mis-match for sure. The Tupelo QB has already signed with LSU, and their kick return guy ran back 3 for TDs. He's a top college prospect too, and probably the fastest high school player I've ever seen. This game was like a college team versus our 3A team.

As a Covington fan, I thought we held our own in week zero against Ridgeway. We lost 26-15, but they scored just before half-time on a drive set up by a pass interference call right in front of me that was very questionable. I saw offensive interference and they called it the other way. That game could have turned differently with a break here or there. I was not ashamed of our showing for 3A against 5A.

I'd like to see Crockett county be overconfident against our little 0-2 team Friday night. We'll see what happens.

Tupelo did beat Covington 42-0 last week. However, they have 3000 students. This was a mis-match for sure. The Tupelo QB has already signed with LSU, and their kick return guy ran back 3 for TDs. He's a top college prospect too, and probably the fastest high school player I've ever seen. This game was like a college team versus our 3A team.

As a Covington fan, I thought we held our own in week zero against Ridgeway. We lost 26-15, but they scored just before half-time on a drive set up by a pass interference call right in front of me that was very questionable. I saw offensive interference and they called it the other way. That game could have turned differently with a break here or there. I was not ashamed of our showing for 3A against 5A.

I'd like to see Crockett county be overconfident against our little 0-2 team Friday night. We'll see what happens.

covington has a good team, much better than their record reflects.....

ridgeway is a good 5A team this fall....and tupleo is a huge foe for any 3A tennessee team........

it would not surprise me to see the "victor" make a legit run for the region championship....

who will it be?

I gave up predicting scores along time ago. You can never tell who is going to be fired up, who is unmotivated for the game, etc. I do look forward to visiting Crockett County.

You folks get a good crowd, support your team, and a victory there would be very nice, primarily because I have both relatives and friends in Alamo. There's nothing like bragging rights for the next 12 months.