johnson county @ Elizabethton

hightower66

I had to throw another post out there myself since it is game day and most of the trash seems to be flizzling down. This is a big game for both schools and I hope every one of the players enjoy the feeling they should have in their gut today. This is what playing high school football is all about. I know I miss that feeling. I can say I have never heard of Edmond Manuel so I have no clue where his opinion comes from on the Defense. He may be right but I dont think so. We always try to have people go one way and after the first half of the first game typically see that we just dont have the numbers to do it and stick our QB in at LB, our running backs in at LB, etc. I seen those same changes made again this year and we looked a lot better in the second half. The injury risk goes through the roof and obviously they get tired but it gives us our best chance. Besty wont see the same defense that they got on film from a personal standpoint or at least I hope they wont. I believe JC wins in a tight one. I dont think JC has ever been predicted to beat Besty by the "experts" and this year is no different. I can see their point because numbers wise it really shouldnt happen but this has been a nice run. The last thing I wanted to add is that everyone talks about JC not playing SH and DB. Please keep in mind that when we play TN High and South it is about the same type of step up as when those teams play a DB. Difference is we have to do it in our conference as does every other team for the most part in the MLC when playing those two teams. I respect TN High, South, and Besty for keeping these games alive but just wanted to make a point. TN High almost pulled off the DB thing last year but it will probably be a while before they compete again. I always want TN High to win that game and love nothing more than seeing SH go down to a MLC team. As for SH, I wish we did have them on the schedule for the last couple of years. I know they will come out of it but man have they been struggling. Hope everyone enjoys what should be a classic.

Edmond and his dad Don have not missed a JC game in years they are good people maybe you ought to find out who they are.Mtnmaroon i agree with you except DB is alot better than any of those teams.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've went to the championship games for years. One time I even got to see Witten cry when that boy from Knox Central caught that ball in the back of the end zone in 99! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Buddy, I think you are the one who is closer to Eastman and Nuclear Fuel /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> After Friday, we'll see who the nutcase is.

TNViking, I don't need more substantial information. There is some things a guy just knows in his heart of hearts! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Edmond and his dad Don have not missed a JC game in years they are good people maybe you ought to find out who they are.Mtnmaroon i agree with you except DB is alot better than any of those teams.

It sounds like I should. Wasnt putting them down at all just dont know who they are. If they hit them all they are sure due an opinion. I just dont agree with it. Good luck to all.

wow ok even if elizabethton does pull off a miracle and coach Witten learns how to coach in a week and beat Johnson County it wont be by that much. You can not seriously think that your small defense can stop Grindstaff Shelton Phipps and Prudhomme come on we will at least score 28 if not more and there is no way that our defense will give up 35 there isnt an App St beating LSU chance that will happen. I know i know where your going to go with this that we gave up 27 to Hampton. Ok im not making excuses cause there is no reason why we should have given up that much to them but that was the 1st game of the season and we are rivals and i believe you said in a prev post that in a rivalry game anything can happen. (It might have not been you) I tell you what if Elizabethton wins i will give Elizabethton all the respect in the world and never post on this site again. That is how confident i am that Johnson County will beat Elizabethton from opening kick to final whistle and thats how much confidence i have in the coaching of coach Witten.

Go Horns

i for one won't miss you, good luck,

Elizabethton wins a thriller, scoring the go ahead score with 22 seconds to go on about a 25 yard pass to the corner of the end zone. Johnson County had taken the lead with about two minutes to go on a 10 yard touchdown pass. The Longhorns made it exciting by completing a pass to the Cyclone 12 yard line as time expired. QB Phipps and WR/K/Corner Prudhomme are outstanding players for Johnson County. Shelton also runs hard. The Cyclones had two bad turnovers and Johnson County ran a crazy fake punt, but other than that it was a well played game. Elizabethton was fortunate to win, but they came through when they had too. Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Well played game by both teams its ashame one team had to lose! Longhorns were tougher than I gave them credit for outstanding job tonight! Cyclones did have more talent but didnt bring it tonight like they should have, better learn to adjust your defense or teams will run all over you! A 3 man front dosent work on power football! Good luck to both teams the rest of the year never know we may meet again!

GO CYCLONES!!!!!!!!!

The 4th Quarter was real good. At the end of the 1st half JC ran a crazy fake punt but then EHS throw an INT then gave up a long pass and let JC score as time ran out. That turned the game around. EHS came back in the 4th by running when JC was playing pass. Glad EHS threw the pass in the endzone because never count on a long field goal in high school. Johnson County has some good players and should make the playoffs.

Elizabethton needs to learn how to tackle and play the pass. Their pass defense was awful. They have a young coaching staff and an old coach to coach the defense would really help them out. Just please no more coaches from a local county school.