Stewart County @ Waverly

oakwood

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a lot of things that go on in a pile. Anyone who has played can tell you that. I'm sure if all the things you say were going on, the referees would have stopped it. Last year I said that STewart County was taunting but I found out later that a Waverly player who is no longer on the team, thank you!, was talking crap. There is no call for talking smack any time by anyone whether it is a one point game or 100 point blow out. I've seen nothing to merit what you are saying about these guys and I look for a good clean game by both squads. Stewart County, I know that you are proud of your program continuing to improve. Be careful on your way over Stewart County.

Papa, I agree with you on the things that happen in the pile, but it only happens until the refs put a stop to it. I for one have Stewart County circled on my calendar for when they come to Adamsville. I want them to get the best we have to offer, not the crap we gave them last year. LEt's strap it up and get it on.

As for this game I will pick Waverly in the upset but I think it will be close. W 17-SC 14

Good luck to both team hope it is injury free.

Waverly, yall need to tell your Coach to warn the refs about how dirty the Stewart Co. team plays. I know people from Gleason, and they cussed and talked smack, and twisted the ankles of the running backs after a tackle, etc. It was very pathetic.

I watched them against Greenfield. They had many personal fouls called against them. They should have had many, many more late hits called against them. Greenfield boys said that the Stewart Co. boys were cussing them and talking smack and more the whole game. In fact, the Stewart Co. team was even grabbing the running back in a private place!!!!!

Yall need to alert the refs before the game to keep an eye on them, and aint it a shame that the refs would have to be alerted.

Stewart Co.......no class, fellas....no class at all.

In reply to this...

I, too, was at the Greenfield game and I hardly think that SC's behavior is one to be warning refs about. One SC player had 2 calls made against them, but it was for words said, not actions made against another player. And anyone who was in the stands on either side of the field, knows that this issue was very verbally addressed by the coach, and not another call was made after it.

Personally, I saw a Greenfield player grab a SC player by the horse collar and pull them down to the ground. I'm pretty sure this is not a favored action, and it was not called by the ref.

Their record last year proves that they are not a team that wins games by cheap shots. No team is lucky to have a winning season off cheap shots alone. Since their program reform, their defense has morphed into a well-working machine. Like I said in another blog, if hard-knock hitting qualifies them as a dirty team, then so be it. They are self-motivated boys, who get the job done. They are led by good, quality men who would not let unsportsman like conduct go unpunished. Again demonstrated by SC's head coach verbally addressing the language on the field. The key to any good athlete is determination and intensity, and that is what SC players possess.

There are a lot of things that go on in a pile. Anyone who has played can tell you that. I'm sure if all the things you say were going on, the referees would have stopped it. Last year I said that STewart County was taunting but I found out later that a Waverly player who is no longer on the team, thank you!, was talking crap. There is no call for talking smack any time by anyone whether it is a one point game or 100 point blow out. I've seen nothing to merit what you are saying about these guys and I look for a good clean game by both squads. Stewart County, I know that you are proud of your program continuing to improve. Be careful on your way over Stewart County.

Trust me. What he is saying is true.

In reply to this...

I, too, was at the Greenfield game and I hardly think that SC's behavior is one to be warning refs about. One SC player had 2 calls made against them, but it was for words said, not actions made against another player. And anyone who was in the stands on either side of the field, knows that this issue was very verbally addressed by the coach, and not another call was made after it.

Personally, I saw a Greenfield player grab a SC player by the horse collar and pull them down to the ground. I'm pretty sure this is not a favored action, and it was not called by the ref.

Their record last year proves that they are not a team that wins games by cheap shots. No team is lucky to have a winning season off cheap shots alone. Since their program reform, their defense has morphed into a well-working machine. Like I said in another blog, if hard-knock hitting qualifies them as a dirty team, then so be it. They are self-motivated boys, who get the job done. They are led by good, quality men who would not let unsportsman like conduct go unpunished. Again demonstrated by SC's head coach verbally addressing the language on the field. The key to any good athlete is determination and intensity, and that is what SC players possess.

All I know is this, SC has played two games, and players from both teams said they cussed, talked smack, and threw cheap shots the whole game. But I guess they are all a bunch of sore losers and liars and SC is telling the truth. Give me a break. Waverly, let us know how they treat you.

in AA ball around here we have ways of dealing with teams like your accusing stewart co. of being,we just line up and knock the crap outta them.i don't believe since we started playin stewart co on our schedule we have had a problem with on field issues such as what you've had with em.as far as the up comin game i think wavo pulls this one out something tells me wavo will be a playoff team this year.

All I know is this, SC has played two games, and players from both teams said they cussed, talked smack, and threw cheap shots the whole game. But I guess they are all a bunch of sore losers and liars and SC is telling the truth. Give me a break. Waverly, let us know how they treat you.

So what you're saying is SC is the only team out there playing dirty, The Greenfield player that tackles by the horse collar or the Greenfield player that uses the face mask to bring down opponents or the Greenfield player that ran into the pile and kicked the SC player after the play was blown dead, Those aren't cheap shots???

Back to the up-coming game Waverly is tough always has been. I don't think this game will be a blow out.

SC 14 - Waverly 12

Ask Gleason about Stewart Co.

Ask Greenfield about Stewart Co.

You'll hear the same story. Stewart Co. football team has no class. They play dirty.

Ask Gleason about Halls. You will not hear about them playing dirty.

Ask Greenfield about Dresden. You will not hear anything about them playing dirty.

They will both tell you that Stewart Co. plays dirty.....very dirty.

Also, the chest bumping and dancing and high fiving on Greenfields field after the game was a nice touch. I mean, way to go, Stewart Co. You have barely beaten two of the smallest, football playing, single A teams in the whole state of TN. Boy, that's something to chest bump and dance on someone's field about. Way to go. When you beat another AA team, then you might have reason to crow. But, of course, we'd expect yall to.

Stewart Co. will probably go 4-6 for the year.

Yall do have a good QB.

sounds like it will be a hard knocking game...and trust me, im sure nearly all of the students in waverly know about how cheap SC is when playing sports...ask any of the basketball players they'l all tell you the same, i know i saw a lot of it when i was in school and am more than positive that it hasnt gotten any better...but guess what its a rivalry and its going to happen. i know il be making it home again friday night to see this one, i know if hale or anderson or any of the other offensive keys get any cheap shots takin on them the D will take revenge, not with cheap shots but with good ol' school hard hits!! i just hope SC's qb is able to dodge some bullets because hollis, may, and werfel will be on a hunt down come friday night!!!

Ask Gleason about Stewart Co.

Ask Greenfield about Stewart Co.

You'll hear the same story. Stewart Co. football team has no class. They play dirty.

Ask Gleason about Halls. You will not hear about them playing dirty.

Ask Greenfield about Dresden. You will not hear anything about them playing dirty.

They will both tell you that Stewart Co. plays dirty.....very dirty.

Also, the chest bumping and dancing and high fiving on Greenfields field after the game was a nice touch. I mean, way to go, Stewart Co. You have barely beaten two of the smallest, football playing, sio ngle A teams in the whole state of TN. Boy, that's something to chest bump and dance on someone's field about. Way to go. When you beat another AA team, then you might have reason to crow. But, of course, we'd expect yall to.

Stewart Co. will probably go 4-6 for the year.

Yall do have a good QB.

there could have been some of that goin on by the rebels. But i'm sure gleason and greenfield did it to. All kinds of things go on in the pile. Everybody does it. We don not play dirty. We play to win and that is by clean football. About the celebrating, yeah they celebrated because they won. Greenfield put up a great fight and we pulled it out. so we deserved it. You step out on the field and play and see what it takes. Look at our record last year we have beat plenty of AA teams. We will be at least 6-4 this year. Once greenfield beats us then u step up and talk. until then don't talk about the rebels.