Stewart County @ Waverly

oakwood

there could have been some of that goin on by the rebels. But i'm sure gleason and greenfield did it to. All kinds of things go on in the pile. Everybody does it. We don not play dirty. We play to win and that is by clean football. About the celebrating, yeah they celebrated because they won. Greenfield put up a great fight and we pulled it out. so we deserved it. You step out on the field and play and see what it takes. Look at our record last year we have beat plenty of AA teams. We will be at least 6-4 this year. Once greenfield beats us then u step up and talk. until then don't talk about the rebels.

the point that he was gettin at is that stewart county being a 2a school with such a big enrollment should be able to kill a small single a team that is as weak as greenfield (nothing against greenfield)...now if greenfield was a team that was known for going to state or doing really well at post season time then i would see a reason for celebration, but like you stated, ya'l beat plenty of aa schools last year so why so much celebration on beatin a little weak a school??

and something else, what 6 teams do you plan to beat...ok lets see you have 2 of the smallest single a schools down and i can imagine that ya'l should be able to hold off houston county, and surely will beat east hickman but id like to know the other 2? im seeing a 4-6 season at tops. but hey good luck and hopefully no injurys will come from the cheap shots

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys I have read all the talk about how SC plays dirty and they can't win 6 games and all this other bullcrap. What happened to last year when everyone respected SC and gave them a congrats after a game. Our offense has only gotten better and I believe this team is on the rise. I mean sure Adamsville and Waverly got better but I believe SC did also. They put up 52 points. I mean sure you can say they did it against a 1A team or whatever else bull you want to say. Do you know how long it has been since they scored 52 points? A very long time and they played the same teams they are now. Sure some might have been worse or gotten better but 52 points is good in football period. I know that they gave up 38 points against Gleason but they only gave up 6 against Greenfield. That is an improvement no matter who you play! SC will do good this year and could win 4 or 6 or even more games. No one can judge how a team is off of scores. A player may be hurt or just be able to exploit weaknesses better. Any team can win on any give day. Oh and by the way they do that routine every game before and after if they win. They also pray before and after every game. SC coaches are class acts and their actions showed it. Isn't this suppose to be a friendly board? Why do people always get on here and talk and say crap. Let your game and not your mouths!

the point that he was gettin at is that stewart county being a 2a school with such a big enrollment should be able to kill a small single a team that is as weak as greenfield (nothing against greenfield)...now if greenfield was a team that was known for going to state or doing really well at post season time then i would see a reason for celebration, but like you stated, ya'l beat plenty of aa schools last year so why so much celebration on beatin a little weak a school??

and something else, what 6 teams do you plan to beat...ok lets see you have 2 of the smallest single a schools down and i can imagine that ya'l should be able to hold off houston county, and surely will beat east hickman but id like to know the other 2? im seeing a 4-6 season at tops. but hey good luck and hopefully no injurys will come from the cheap shots

Let me get this straight if you are a 2A school.......(wich means more students)..........you're automatically stronger than a 1A.

So that means that Waverly should have scored a couple of times against Wayne Co. who by the way blanked Waverly last year too!!

Let me get this straight if you are a 2A school.......(wich means more students)..........you're automatically stronger than a 1A.

So that means that Waverly should have scored a couple of times against Wayne Co. who by the way blanked Waverly last year too!!

Well, I'm from Waverly and I think this is getting ridiculous. First Wayne County and Greenfield are two totally different teams talent wise and probably coaching wise so 1A or not, it doesn't matter. You only put eleven players on the field at a time. Second when you score 52 points, I don't care if you are playing the school for the blind, that is good for a high school game. Third, SC may win 10 games this year. No one knows what the year holds (check my quote at bottom). Fourth, there is going to be an element of dirtiness in a few kids anywhere. Hopefully coaches take care of that. I haven't seen anything on SC in football and don't expect to. I do expect a good game Friday. Let's have a good time doing it. Good luck to both teams. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I agree 52 is good...but my boys did give up 38. I look for SC to win close..very close. The dirtiness...its a pile of kids in pads that hate each other...of course dirty stuff is goin to happen. It always does...that is just something else to cry about after u lose...o boo hoo he stepped on my fingers...shut up and get over it...it happens everywhere,not just to u. You dont hear other teams on here crying bout cheap stuf because everyone does it...its football. Your taught to play a lil dirty...and the celebration has been goin on for 3 years...whether we win or lose we still do it before and after the game and everyday in practice...its not like were tryin to rub anything in...but good luck to Wavo and Greenfield...

SC 28

Wavo 24

I agree 52 is good...but my boys did give up 38. I look for SC to win close..very close. The dirtiness...its a pile of kids in pads that hate each other...of course dirty stuff is goin to happen. It always does...that is just something else to cry about after u lose...o boo hoo he stepped on my fingers...shut up and get over it...it happens everywhere,not just to u. You dont hear other teams on here crying bout cheap stuf because everyone does it...its football. Your taught to play a lil dirty...and the celebration has been goin on for 3 years...whether we win or lose we still do it before and after the game and everyday in practice...its not like were tryin to rub anything in...but good luck to Wavo and Greenfield...

SC 28

Wavo 24

Just because everyone does it don't make it right. I have followed football for over 20 years, and i know stuff happens. The point is that 2 teams have said that SC is dirty. I haven't heard them say anyonelse is dirty. Wonder if that's and indictment on how much more dirty SC is than most other teams? Let's face it, these aren't traditional power houses that aren't used to losing making these statments, and like I said, I've never heard them say it about any other schools.

Just because everyone does it don't make it right. I have followed football for over 20 years, and i know stuff happens. The point is that 2 teams have said that SC is dirty. I haven't heard them say anyonelse is dirty. Wonder if that's and indictment on how much more dirty SC is than most other teams? Let's face it, these aren't traditional power houses that aren't used to losing making these statments, and like I said, I've never heard them say it about any other schools.

Well u cant really say it about anybody else since it is only week 1

Well, I'm from Waverly and I think this is getting ridiculous. First Wayne County and Greenfield are two totally different teams talent wise and probably coaching wise so 1A or not, it doesn't matter. You only put eleven players on the field at a time. Second when you score 52 points, I don't care if you are playing the school for the blind, that is good for a high school game. Third, SC may win 10 games this year. No one knows what the year holds (check my quote at bottom). Fourth, there is going to be an element of dirtiness in a few kids anywhere. Hopefully coaches take care of that. I haven't seen anything on SC in football and don't expect to. I do expect a good game Friday. Let's have a good time doing it. Good luck to both teams. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Wow papa you and I agree again. This is getting weird. But hufstedler02 look at this if two teams say a team is dirty does that mean they are? No think of it this way. If me and papa think Camden is bad which they aren't does that mean they are? These are two opinions. By week nine if every team is complaining it might be different but we are just going to week two. You are a 1A team and you don't have as many kids or bigger kids. Your team just might not be used to playing as physical as SC. There are many reasons they can call them dirty but that does not mean they are true. Hufstedler02 both teams need to just move on. SC has a big game with Waverly and Greenfield has a big one with Gleason I beleive. You can have your opinion and think but don't go around saying stuff or accusing a team that has worked its butt off this whole offseason when you weren't playing. You don't know what happened. You didn't hear anything said by either teams. I'm sure things were said by each team does that mean SC is the only team at fault? SC might think Greenfield and Gleason play dirty. I am not saying if they do or not because I don't know it is all from a different point of view.

Wow papa you and I agree again. This is getting weird. But hufstedler02 look at this if two teams say a team is dirty does that mean they are? No think of it this way. If me and papa think Camden is bad which they aren't does that mean they are? These are two opinions. By week nine if every team is complaining it might be different but we are just going to week two. You are a 1A team and you don't have as many kids or bigger kids. Your team just might not be used to playing as physical as SC. There are many reasons they can call them dirty but that does not mean they are true. Hufstedler02 both teams need to just move on. SC has a big game with Waverly and Greenfield has a big one with Gleason I beleive. You can have your opinion and think but don't go around saying stuff or accusing a team that has worked its butt off this whole offseason when you weren't playing. You don't know what happened. You didn't hear anything said by either teams. I'm sure things were said by each team does that mean SC is the only team at fault? SC might think Greenfield and Gleason play dirty. I am not saying if they do or not because I don't know it is all from a different point of view.

First of all, I am a Milan fan so I think I've seen a lot big time games, and I 've seen a lot of big kids. I will end it with this. Gleason and Greenfield didn't say SC was dirty and leave it at that. They said they twisting ankles in the pile, hitting in private areas, not too mention just plain old hits after the whistle. That is of course on top of all of the cussing. Now unless they are lying, I would say it is not a matter of opinion. I can understand why people would be skeptical, but I have never heard so much about how dirty a team was, and I am hearing it from 2 different teams. Now time will tell, maybe SC isn't dirty, but when I look at the evidence, I believe they are. I was also at the SC/Greenfield game, and they looked dirty to me. Now that is an opinion.

honestly the team is really skilled all around. on offense their running game is a key but they can also throw pretty good, the only problem i saw in the harpeth game is sometimes the receivers just dont catch it, the qb gets it to them on the chest hands or where ever and they still find a way to miss it. now on defense, their line is like one of the best around right now and they will tear a qb apart if he stands in the pocket too long, i know i saw in a scrimmage one of the linemen was at the qb before he had a chance to start dropping...if you have a good qb and receivers you might be able to throw over them because the backfield would probably be their weak point but again you really need to have a good Oline to give your qb enough time to find the open receivers...should be a good match up and i know i cant wait to see it...but lets have a clean injury free game!!

I agree...good luck too both teams in this one. GO REBS!!!

In reply to this...

I, too, was at the Greenfield game and I hardly think that SC's behavior is one to be warning refs about. One SC player had 2 calls made against them, but it was for words said, not actions made against another player. And anyone who was in the stands on either side of the field, knows that this issue was very verbally addressed by the coach, and not another call was made after it.

Personally, I saw a Greenfield player grab a SC player by the horse collar and pull them down to the ground. I'm pretty sure this is not a favored action, and it was not called by the ref.

Their record last year proves that they are not a team that wins games by cheap shots. No team is lucky to have a winning season off cheap shots alone. Since their program reform, their defense has morphed into a well-working machine. Like I said in another blog, if hard-knock hitting qualifies them as a dirty team, then so be it. They are self-motivated boys, who get the job done. They are led by good, quality men who would not let unsportsman like conduct go unpunished. Again demonstrated by SC's head coach verbally addressing the language on the field. The key to any good athlete is determination and intensity, and that is what SC players possess.

From the great Gatorbait:

Obviously u have never played fotball or u were never taught correctly.U lead with your facemask dummy!if u lead with your head down u will suffer neck injuries.also,a horsecollar is part of the players uniform.If the player wishes to wear it ,fine,but if they get tackled by it,so be it.Anyone with any common sense would grab the horsecollar if it was the only way they could make the tackle.Especially if it meant saving a td or game winning td.The same could be said for long hair sticking out from under the helmet,but thats another topic.As for cussing,if your coach does not allow it in practice,then there should be no trouble with cussing in a game.Ihave seen your coach in action.If he took care of it verbally,he probably had a few choice come out of his own mouth.Idont know this for fact,so dont say i said he did it,but judging by how he has acted at some of the games i saw,thers a pretty good chance it happened.SCwill be lucky to win 4 this year and oh will it be bad over there for the next few years.Can anyone say doormat?Not sure if ill be at the game,but i will be listening to it on the radio.Ricky and Derek do a great job in the booth.Keep up the good work guys.It was great to see paptiger come out of retirement and bless us with his football expertise.If i am there,i will come up and say hi to you all in the booth.GO WAVO!Almost forgot-Wavo-34 SC 16!!