Cheatham Co. hosting Giles Co

blockhead

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 5-3A blockhead (not meant as an insult) I am looking forward to this one.

Giles (Preseason #2 in Region 5-3A)

Cheatham (Preseason #6 in Region 5-3A)

Both teams have a lot of players who have played a lot of high school football in the last year plus. Both teams are well coached and will get after you.

Check out the game preview which will go up tomorrow on the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page. The domain is www.cheathamcubsfanpage.com/fb and for the Giles fans who won't be able to make the trip to this one you can feel free to listen to the broadcast of the game over the Fan Page on Friday night.

We will be keeping track of the other Region 5-3A games this week throughout the night. David Lipscomb vs Page; Marshall Co. vs Creek Wood; Spring Hill vs Montgomery Central

HOPE EVERYONE FROM PULASKI HAS A SAFE TRIP UP I-65 ON FRIDAY EVENING!!!!!!

No Dedicated#62 we will not have "Big Foot" on display this week I'm sorry to say. He has been transferred to Pleasant View from Ashland City last time I checked...............or was that Kingston Springs???????

Region 5-3A blockhead (not meant as an insult) I am looking forward to this one.

Giles (Preseason #2 in Region 5-3A)

Cheatham (Preseason #6 in Region 5-3A)

Both teams have a lot of players who have played a lot of high school football in the last year plus. Both teams are well coached and will get after you.

Check out the game preview which will go up tomorrow on the Cheatham County Cubs Football Fan Page. The domain is www.cheathamcubsfanpage.com/fb and for the Giles fans who won't be able to make the trip to this one you can feel free to listen to the broadcast of the game over the Fan Page on Friday night.

We will be keeping track of the other Region 5-3A games this week throughout the night. David Lipscomb vs Page; Marshall Co. vs Creek Wood; Spring Hill vs Montgomery Central

HOPE EVERYONE FROM PULASKI HAS A SAFE TRIP UP I-65 ON FRIDAY EVENING!!!!!!

No Dedicated#62 we will not have "Big Foot" on display this week I'm sorry to say. He has been transferred to Pleasant View from Ashland City last time I checked...............or was that Kingston Springs???????

Should be a good game.

Too bad about ole sasquach, I heard he chewed the wheels off the Gordonsville bus! Is that why he was relocated??

Best of luck to the Cubs{after friday night} this year.

Winner of this game has a leg up in the playoff race. Only three spots available with DL's invitation already having been sent! Cheatham has been the last three years; Giles the last two. I bet it will be a good game. I'm leaning toward the Cubs in what some might consider a minor upset. Cheatham returns more experience and has the homefield. What do you think?

Hey MTF, as a fan I really appreciate all of the kind things that you always have to say about the football program at Cheatham Co. Even at 0-6 last year I recall you saying nothing but positive things about the Cubs coaches and players. If you are ever attending a Cubs game let me know.

Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs the last three years in Region 5-3A and overall they've been the last six consecutive years.

Giles Co. is a very tough opposition for anyone. Wallace is an incredible player at QB. He is an athlete and he can make all of the throws that are required of a quarterback who is planning on playing at the next level. The Houstons are both good players at RB. Tobias is a powerful runner. Cory is very elusive and a home run hitting back. They are like "Thunder & Lightning" back there. The Bobcats are deep at receiver. I can't rule Rico Brown out for this one until I see it for myself. Hunter Newton is a player who's developing into a very nice receiver. Up front has been the biggest difference maker for the success of GC the last three years. Birdsong, Motts, Strickland, and Christopher are all very good players. On defense I really like the way that Cobb plays for Giles Co. Birdsong & #40 (don't remember his name) are two good linemen. The secondary for Giles is very athletic and quick on the football. Villalata is back as the kicker and he may be in line to earn postseason honors for the way he kicks.

Playing a team like Giles Co. is a very tough task but it's also a task that the Cubs players and coaches look forward to because it brings a "playoff" level environment with it. These are the kinds of games that you have to love as a high school student athlete. If you can't get fired up for this one then you need your pulse checked that's for sure!

Winner of this game has a leg up in the playoff race. Only three spots available with DL's invitation already having been sent! Cheatham has been the last three years; Giles the last two. I bet it will be a good game. I'm leaning toward the Cubs in what some might consider a minor upset. Cheatham returns more experience and has the homefield. What do you think?

major upset considering talent levels between the two schools

CCCHS 33

Giles 21

Rico is definately out for this game anyways and from what I understand the rest of the season. Very disappointing for Giles County but we do have receivers who can step up and do the job. #40 is Smiling Torrell Boykins and he does do a good job.

Just want you all to know Giles is geared up for the playoffs this year. Haven't heard a negative from anyone on the team about not winning-they are determined to win every game and get the respect they feel that they deserve. The kids have worked hard all summer long and will not give up easily. Alot of Juniors have been playing football together since Pop Warner and are not used to losing and will give their all.

I have to go with Giles-they are very determined to win state this year, and have the talent to do so.