Mr. Soddy-Daisy

STARSNBARS

Mr. Soddy-Daisy, I heard you guys were at the Tusculum Camp this past week with Cookeville, Greeneville, and former Maryville coach Tim Hammontree's North Gwinnett team. I would like to hear your opinion on those teams and the scrimmage today at your place with S-D, A-E, East Ridge, and Maryville. How did S-D do against all those teams etc. Thanks and good luck this season. Go Rebs.

Maryville is great, no guestion. The score was 13-7. Your QB is good! Your offense is great, but the def needs some work. Our D is good, but we are not good on Off at all. NG fron Atlanta is really good. We beat Gvill 2-1. They are not bad. You guys are better. AE beat us 2-1 on 2 busted plays. Man, they are fast. We had no one to contain their QB.......You guys should win another state.

Ask your coach what the referee told him about the touchdown catch. He said heck, I have to give you guys something. The WR clearly grabbed the DB of AE to to catch the ball. The play before that the WR pushed the DB for AE to catch the ball. Matter of fact talk to the WR and ask him what he did. AE DB coached yelled at his players to hush their mouths "No Call No foul!! For a first scrimmage I thought AE did well. They played a lot of people. Mr. Soddy Daisy you say the first playof the scrimmage was a busted play. The WR just went by the DB and caught the ball. Please be realistic and truthful. Your offense was nonexistent. Oh yeah you did run the screen well a couple of plays. You must have stayed and watched East Ridge vs. SDHS because there is no way you seen the Maryville and AE scrimmage. AE drove and scored on their first drive. they stopped maryville on its first drive. Had them third and long on its next drive. MHS completed a curl for the first down. We seen Independence High School before so no one scares us. We will improve each week. We willhave the depth we need by game 4. We are young. AE played last week with majority of soph and juniors. I give Maryville this. they are not dominating ( i am saying like a Independence) as I once believed. They are however consistent and good at what they do. They will eventually wear you down. They have several players that are interchangeable. Carl Stewart is one of the best back in Tennessee no doubt. But he is not a Faizon (Jacksonville, Florida prep star).

Boorelly Maryville had an exchange fumble which stopped the 1st drive. Other than that, Maryville's offense was not stopped all day. Carl Stewart and Reggie Jones are both big time. A-E has great athletes and Stevens has done a great job in putting a little discipline back in the program, after the previous coach let A-E go down the tubes. Scrimmages are for getting better. Each team gives you a different look. With A-E it's speed. With Soddy-Daisy it's their toughness up front etc. So everyone benefits. I'm sure MHS wanted to get their new QB a lot of looks under pressure to see how he would react. And the big thing Maryville looks for is EXECUTION,EXECUTION,EXECUTION. Good luck to A-E, Soddy-Daisy, and East Ridge this season. Go Rebs.

I haven't been around that long but I have played ball in college (2 time all conference, and professionally (Arena)) And if you think Soddy would beat AE I will question your experience. AE could have ran one play from under center and scored every time. "All Go". Your DB's can not cover any of their WRs. If they play off them 10 yards then you have to make open field tackles. Your offense couldnt move the ball. They scored on 2 offensive pass interference. Ask the head coach of SDHS. Ask the WR for SDHS. The ref admitted missing the call. AE DB coach told him to let the kids play, No Call No Foul!!! It's a scrimmage! The 3rd team center caused the snaps to go high from the gun. The kid played FB last year. That is why you scrimmage to get reps in things you are weak in against live competition. I really can't believe you said SDHS would beat AE. I would bet that the opening kick-off would go for a TD unless you pooch it. Reggie Jones would run it back. Remember we are use to playing the best who and whereever they may be. Our kids played against the # 6 team in the country. their coach at the end of the year said AE would win the state and that they would be one of the top 10-15 schools in the state of NC against any division. We have an open game week 0 or 1 tell your coach to book it. And you and I can wager if AE wins you are off coach T for a year. And Visa Versa.

OK. If you want the real story, we had 9 starters out due to the week of camp. Concusions, ankles, knees, etc. fullback, 3 O linemen, 3 D linemen, 1 DB, and linebacker. A little defensive are we with the challenge? I dont think TSSAA would like the 11 game schedule. I still believe we would beat you in a game simply by wearing you down. And Maryville would playing reserves in the 4th quarter. Just my observations, you dont have to be so defensive.