Region 3 4a

coonhunter293

I was just wandering if anyone knew who was leaving and who was coming into Region 3 4a next year?

I know AC and Karns are coming, but who is the other one leaving besides Maryville? and are there someone else coming?

HTV probably has a good idea of what the new region might look like. I'd be curious to see his take. It's likely that there will be 9 teams in the new region setup, but I'm not sure. Potential additions include Karns, Campbell County, Anderson County, Oak Ridge, and Catholic (not all 5, of course). I think that Maryville and Lenoir City will likely move to another region. It will be interesting to see the new alignment, because proximity is the whole purpose of this reclassification. This grouping seems like a possibility:

PowellKnox HallsKnox CentralKnox WestClintonOak RidgeCampbell CountyAnderson CountySouth Doyle

This would be the neighboring region:

FarragutBeardenCatholicKarnsHardin ValleyLenoir CityMaryvilleWilliam BlountHeritage

Obviously, this is just a guess, based on geographic location, but what do you think?

I was just wandering if anyone knew who was leaving and who was coming into Region 3 4a next year?

I know AC and Karns are coming, but who is the other one leaving besides Maryville? and are there someone else coming?

Know one knows for sure yet, but it looks like Lenior City, South-Doyle, Maryville, and West will be out and AC, Oak Ridge, Karns, and Catholic(?) would be in. Again, no one knows for sure until the numbers come through and the

T$$AA draws the new districts.

Know one knows for sure yet, but it looks like Lenior City, South-Doyle, Maryville, and West will be out and AC, Oak Ridge, Karns, and Catholic(?) would be in. Again, no one knows for sure until the numbers come through and the

T$$AA draws the new districts.

Wow if thats true 3-4A will have a very impressive lineup of traditional powerhouse football schools. I see Karns getting better and AC, Oak Ridge & Catholic coming in it won't be easy to make the playoffs anymore.

It would probably be Disctrict 3-3A like the old days.

Yep the AC Halls matchup will be entertaining to say the least. I like this mouthwatering matchup just on it's own merits. Woo nellie............... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Changing gears here...

Tonight is definitely a measuring stick, of sorts, for region 3-4A. With SD playing West, we'll find out if the Cherokees have a chance to compete for a playoff spot. I think West will win, but it should be a close game. Both of these teams are still going through some growing pains, but this is an important game for both teams. The Central-Halls game is another big one, because neither of those teams wants to be 0-3. The Powell-LC game is an intriguing matchup; Campbell County beat Powell last week, and Lenoir City finally got off the schnide in week 0. Let's also not forget about Maryville-Clinton. Maryville should win, but it will be interesting to see what Clinton brings to that game. They came close to beating a very good Anderson County team last week, and I'm curious to see how they respond tonight.