Smyrna @ Lebanon

onestupidme

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smyrna wins 7-6. No score until 3rd quarter when Smyrna scored on a Bryson run to make it 7-0. Then in 4th quarter lebanon scores with about 4 or 5 minutes to go but Bobby Brown decides to go for two instead of kicking PAT. Pass is incomplete on two point conversion. Lebanon forces Smyrna into a 3 and out on their next possession. But Lebanon is unable to convert on their next drive throwing an interception on 4th down. This game hinged on the call to go for two after the Lebanon TD. Brown said he went for two b/c he knew Smyrna's kicking game was better than Lebanon's and knew that would be to Smyrna's advantage in OT. Whatever. I say when you have had trouble even moving the ball into Smyrna territory all night long and you get a chance to tie late in regulation you take it no questions asked. Then see what happens in OT. Coach Brown has always been aggressive and unpredictable in his playcalling but in this situation he should have just made the predictable move and tied the game up when given the chance.

Whats the Off Field Crap?

Yes. CONGRATULATION. If it was not for the outstanding player #5 we would not have the win. "Great Job" Bryson. I would also like to ask what the others think about our QB, Wilson. I have heard some say that we have another QB that is a great player, Kyle Freeman, BUT they will not play him. Does anyone know why.

Yes. CONGRATULATION. If it was not for the outstanding player #5 we would not have the win. "Great Job" Bryson. I would also like to ask what the others think about our QB, Wilson. I have heard some say that we have another QB that is a great player, Kyle Freeman, BUT they will not play him. Does anyone know why.

No comment (go Blackman)

And the Dawgs somehow won...in normal conditions we would have lost. 7 to 6 final.

nice way to support your school.

how did this happen

Guys, Smyrna is not a bad football team, and Lebanon is not a great football team. From what I saw, Lebanon has a pretty good QB and a couple of good Dlinemen.

Smyrna is just struggling on offense right now. I have a feeling they will improve as time goes on and the young QB's settle in and get more experience. Their D is pretty solid, and should continue to prop up the offense until they start clicking a little more.

They just need to realize that they are 1-1 in region play, and will still be that way regardless of what happens on Thursday night.

Yes I have an Idea. May be wrong but we have a QB coach that has no Idea what he is doing. And an offensive coordinator who is not so hot him self.