Soddy Daisy vs. Rhea County

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and just so you know it doesn't take a phd in football to see many of the problems with our team. go up into the stands on any friday night and you can hear middle school players, 40 year old women, and old men who have seen every RC game for the past 34 years pointing out these problems. I can remember my son, who was around 12, pointing out our ignorance in running the 3 front defense against a team who was running all over us (Mcminn 2 or 3 years ago).

It's not rocket science. Although having a college degree might help.

and just so you know it doesn't take a phd in football to see many of the problems with our team. go up into the stands on any friday night and you can hear middle school players, 40 year old women, and old men who have seen every RC game for the past 34 years pointing out these problems. I can remember my son, who was around 12, pointing out our ignorance in running the 3 front defense against a team who was running all over us (Mcminn 2 or 3 years ago).

It's not rocket science. Although having a college degree might help.

Almost done with my degree so i guess i can speak on this.That was my sr. year so you might want to get your sons eyes checked cause we played mainly a four front that night at Mcminn so either your son is blind r hes like you and dont know crap.My dad said just Friday that the problem with us the last 20 yrs everybody in the stands wants to coach instead of support and when i called him today to tell him about this he just laughed and said those was the same fans who said the late coach Bill Horton did not know what he was doing.My family will be there Friday to support the coaches and the team no matter what defense we in they know best and sometimes it is rocket science supereagle

Almost done with my degree so i guess i can speak on this.That was my sr. year so you might want to get your sons eyes checked cause we played mainly a four front that night at Mcminn so either your son is blind r hes like you and dont know crap.My dad said just Friday that the problem with us the last 20 yrs everybody in the stands wants to coach instead of support and when i called him today to tell him about this he just laughed and said those was the same fans who said the late coach Bill Horton did not know what he was doing.My family will be there Friday to support the coaches and the team no matter what defense we in they know best and sometimes it is rocket science supereagle

Agreed. I would like to add anybody can sit and point out problems with a team, that is real easy to do. Ever team has its problems that's part of it. Too many people try be arm chair coaches. However, its up to the real coaches to worry about what's wrong.

As for McMinn, McMinn is not the same team from 2 or 3 years either. McMinn moved to the spread; which just so happens to be what the 3-5-3 is designed for. Infact ever offense Rhea sees except Chatt Central and White Co. run the spread. Just a little FYI to anyone Rhea has ran 60 plays with a 3 front and 50 plays with a 4 front this year.

Coach Horton was a great man and a great coach. I don't have much else to say on that matter.

you can call it being an armchair quarterback or whatever you want, but--just like many other fans up in those stands on Friday nights, it kills me to watch the team I love slip into mediocrity (and if that aint what you think we are then i beg to differ). Especially when we have players good enough to compete and be winning region championships.

And eagle4ever, the Mcminn game I'm speaking of is the game that they had the great running back who rushed for 250 yards, and I can assure you that we were running the three front. It was Wilson's senior year, 2006. I really donnot appreciate the personal attack on myself and my family. I don't see how you can say the problem with RC football is the fans. Now i'll never point out a player and say something negative about him, but in my view the coaches are fair game. How long has it been since you've watched us out coach a team? Honestly think about that. When's the last time we beat a team who was more talented than us because of coaching?

I'm sorry if i've offended anybody. My view is that I've spent my years wearing the jersey, and I've paid the price of admission for many a season so I have to right to voice my opinions. Just so happens it has to be the same opinion as most of Rhea county. Now lets quit this fighting and talk about the game Friday night. If there's something we can agree on it should be we hate the Trojans.