Tell me people Central or Sequoyah

sportsman88

point taken, but that is part of handling winning. it wasn't too long ago this team was 3-7. they are still learning how to win, but the thing is some of the players even said seq was the best team they have faced to this point, and still showed up flat. but like i said earlier, great teams find a way to win when things don't go thier way. they got a bye week at just the right time.

You're right, and its been said that even good teams have at least one bad game. Good luck and its been good chatting with you guys this week.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chiefs played very well. I said on a Sequoyah thread months ago that the Chiefs would stumble a little out of the gate. The veer is tough to defend and nobody in our region runs it. They found a couple of things that took advantage of Central's defensive speed and quickness. But in the end when Sequoyah had a chance to get back in the game, Central's defense proved it's toughness inside the 5 with the goal-line stand. Sequoyah will make some noise the rest of the year in 3-3A. Big game for them next week at Norte Dame. Got to think that they will beat Meigs, Tellico, and Grundy. I think they got East Ridge and Howard at home. Playing Polk in Benton will be tough but not impossible.

Satterfield is a good coach. You guys are lucky to have him. Good crowds like last night always are good for the program.

GREAT GAME TO ALL THREE TEAMS TONIGHT. OH, THE STRIPED SHIRTS PLAYED A GOOOOOD GAME TOO. THE CHIEFS ARE A GOOD TEAM. THEY WILL WIN SOME GAMES THIS YEAR. GOOD LUCK CHIEFS. CHARGERS YOU NEED TO GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR BUTTS, AND PLAY FOOTBALL. BIG BLUE FAN.

The refs did call alot tonight,but at the same time SEQ. had there share of pent. to.Alot of times we just see what goes against the team were pulling for.Just like the big long pass Cent,caught on SEQ.sideline ,everyone that was there close said he was out of bounds,but it was a great catch.And then the invert whistle,that was going to be a big loss and they get a redo,they got one one of those last year to with the same crew.So it goes both ways.I did like to see the no quit attuide the Cheifs showed tonight.Great job boys,now comes the wins and the playoffs,but u still have to play hard to get there.

The refs did call alot tonight,but at the same time SEQ. had there share of pent. to.Alot of times we just see what goes against the team were pulling for.Just like the big long pass Cent,caught on SEQ.sideline ,everyone that was there close said he was out of bounds,but it was a great catch.And then the invert whistle,that was going to be a big loss and they get a redo,they got one one of those last year to with the same crew.So it goes both ways.I did like to see the no quit attuide the Cheifs showed tonight.Great job boys,now comes the wins and the playoffs,but u still have to play hard to get there.

come on man it wasn't central's fault the refs blew the whistle too early! they didn't know who had the football!!! you say seq had thier share of penalties, anyone know how many flags were thrown on both sides? how many personal fouls? how many were on scoring plays for central?

refs or not, central didn't play up to thier potential. seq getting much better.

The difference in penalties each team got was quite obvious to the Central coaches that their 11 on the field would have to battle more than just the 11 Sequoyah had on the field.

McMinn Central absorbed more than 160 yards in penalties on top of their two turnovers but still managed to come away with a 28-12 victory. Central built a 28-0 lead early in the third period and overcame a rash of most questionable penalties.

The difference in penalties each team got was quite obvious to the Central coaches that their 11 on the field would have to battle more than just the 11 Sequoyah had on the field.

McMinn Central absorbed more than 160 yards in penalties on top of their two turnovers but still managed to come away with a 28-12 victory. Central built a 28-0 lead early in the third period and overcame a rash of most questionable penalties.

Good game for the Chiefs proud to see them hang tough with a good Central team. They proved last night that they can take one those playoff spots if they play hard.

GO CHIEFS

come on man it wasn't central's fault the refs blew the whistle too early! they didn't know who had the football!!! you say seq had thier share of penalties, anyone know how many flags were thrown on both sides? how many personal fouls? how many were on scoring plays for central?

refs or not, central didn't play up to thier potential. seq getting much better.

Who said it was CENTRALS fault.We are talking about refs.And i don't know the total pentltys on ethier team.The ones i remember on SEQ. was at least 1 personal foul,at least 1 block in the back and a least 1 hold,and at least 2 fallstarts.Thats just off the top of my head.You guys were talking about refs,but we had are share 2.So it wasn't 1 sided.That invert whistle saved you all about 15 yards.Not taking anything away from you guys,Central is a good football team,and will have a great year.And i hope they make a great run,because me 4 one support the local teams here.The better they do,the better this area looks.