University of Kentucky Football

MaryvilleRebels

RANDY SANDERS.......itss a shame....some of these kids could have helped UT...when is UT going to stop overlooking there own.........for guys like Stephaun Raines....Cody Pope.....Cam Mayo.........

Cam Mayo is the son of a former Tennessee All-American in Bill Mayo. And Dalton, GA is just 30 minutes south of Chattanooga and still is closer to Knoxville than Jackson is, so please leave him off of the list of "overlooking their own".

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two Alcoa products are Kentucky's best two offensive players IMO. Cobb should be the starting QB very soon. He has all of the tools in the world. At receiver he is still a great weapon. Lanxter can be as good as there is. He's big and athletic and a very good route runner.

Maybe Tennessee should see this and start to work the football to Warren more often.

I agree both are great athletes, but I see Cobb being more of a WR in the upcoming years. He is suppose to be out with his high ankle sprain from what I have read up to 6 weeks. Hartline at QB, and Cobb at WR and PR is the key. Plus with the Ryan kid from Texas or Newton coming next year, Cobb will be needed to take the place of Lyons who is graduating.

Lanxter has had way too many mental lapses and missed blocking assignments. He is very talented, but Lyons and Roark are better recievers at this point, and if he does not get it together Lanxter will not be on the field after Brooks has annouced he is cutting down the number of WR's they are rotating in.

I think that Lanxter will keep having his chances. Just gotta get over his fear of going over the middle.

Cobb could be done for the season with his high ankle sprain. Could be out upwards of 8 weeks so UK may just hold him out for the season and apply for a medical redshirt.

I dont know where your getting your sources , but cobb told me personally yesterday that he would be able to play in two weeks vs WKU. The sprain wasnt as bad as first thought , and he said 2 weeks is plenty of time to heal and prepare

There you have it... all of the Tn players that are on UK's team are definitely helping to improve the state of the program. If anyone has any questions about these guys feel free to ask and I will see what I can find out for you.

Have they stopped trying to buy Tennessee high school players? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Have they stopped trying to buy Tennessee high school players? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

haha, I think Brooks and the boys just pass out tapes of UT's offense to the recruits and ask if you really want to play that style of football??? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I dont know where your getting your sources , but cobb told me personally yesterday that he would be able to play in two weeks vs WKU. The sprain wasnt as bad as first thought , and he said 2 weeks is plenty of time to heal and prepare

I would say that Coach Brooks is a fairly accurate source. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

http://chipcosby.bloginky.com/2008/09/16/b...jury-the-worst/

Brooks: Cobb injury the worst

September 16th, 2008 by chipcosby | Filed under Injuries.

Kentucky Coach Rich Brooks said today that quarterback Randall Cobb, linebacker Micah Johnson and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin all remain out for ???the foreseeable future,??? with high ankle sprains. Brooks said that Cobb, who had been serving as UK??™s backup QB behind Mike Hartline, was in the worst shape of the trio and would sidelined the longest. The Cats have an open date this week before hosting Western Kentucky on Sept. 27.

Report come out today that Cobb is 6 weeks at best and the staff is very fond of the idea of sitting him the rest of the year in order to get a medical redshirt for him. As a UK fan I hope Cobb is back in 2 weeks, but if Cobb personally told you that he will be back he may have been lying to you. I guess we will all find out in 2 weeks.

Cobb isn't the type of kid to tell lies. He is a straight shooter. I think he is just trying to believe that he will be back for WKU. That way he stays positive and works hard on recovering. The kid is dedicated and it wouldn't surprise me to see him back sooner than projected.

Micah Johnson is the same way. His injury claims 4-6 weeks, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the hard working Johnson back in two.