region 1 1a

pujo

Well in hindsight 24eagle you probably didnt deserve what I said. Just like the good folks at Grace didnt deserve the remark about the fatcat from Clinton. I am from Clinton, my son has been at Grace since the Satterfield days. I am currently working two jobs to keep his tuition paid so if there is a fatcat from Clinton myself and a few others really need to talk to him. As far as us rolling into Cosby to find you had a team full of transfers our folks wouldnt care we'll play who you put on the field and accept what the scoreboard says at the end. I understand your frustrations (although I dont see why you feel like you do in this situation)but TSSAA is the only thing that can change what you want changed. Beating up on the schools or in this case school wont change anything. As far as the posting about running up the score, against North Greene our starters played almost two quarters, they came out the first of the third against Unaka and played about halfway through the fourth against Oakdale. I dont think anyone puts their players on the field and tells them not to score. on a side-note Oakdale is a good team and will sneak up on some folks if they underestimate them. ZaZo I thank you for the comment about wanting us destroyed my son thinks your remark will be just what it takes to motivate his team-mates.

I dont know you personally so maybe you wouldn't mind if we had several new transfers , but trust me most of your fans and players would go bananas and all of your coaches would.

I seen starters playing on the news in the fourth qaurter against Oakdale too. # 5 , # 3 . #24 (who doesn't even attend Grace) were all in and scoring late in the game.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know you personally so maybe you wouldn't mind if we had several new transfers , but trust me most of your fans and players would go bananas and all of your coaches would.

I seen starters playing on the news in the fourth qaurter against Oakdale too. # 5 , # 3 . #24 (who doesn't even attend Grace) were all in and scoring late in the game.

I dont think anyone has denied that we kept our starters in longer than usual Friday night. But without actually asking Coach why he done it(which I wouldnt thats not my department) I do know we have had some concerns about how our starters would react to actually having to play 4 quarters. lets face it when Hampton and Cloudland comes to town and we go to Cosby theres not going to going to be anytime to stand back and let the young ones play. Oakdale was in this game for two and a half quarters then #22 and #25 ran out of gas and it was pretty much over. Our guys had a little extra incentive also due to all the talk going around and even on tv about Oakdale beating us. And they could have they are fair team. As far as transfers go I do know this if your players are legal according to the TSSAA it dosent matter what anyone thinks.

The thing all of us are wondering is ,why would you want to put up 61 on Oakdale with the starters. These other teams you mentioned wouldn't do that.

I talked about this in my last post. I just saw eagles response before yours.

Changing the subject a little bit I see you all pulled out a squeaker the other night was it a good one to watch?

grace christians schedule is a JOKE!!!!!! they have dones nothing to be state ranked. as for cosby do i feel they deserve to be in the top ten. hard to say. when you look at what they have done so far you can understand why they would get the votes, are they a top ten team not sure want know till there are only ten teams left.

[/

lets not be the pot callin the kettle black cosby's schedule aint exactly a picture of strength /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Fri Aug. 22 at Gibbs W 17-14 weak lacked several starters

Fri Aug. 29 Pigeon Forge W 13-7 average

Fri Sep. 5 at Cloudland R W 20-13 average

Fri Sep. 12 King's Academy W 34-0 weak

Fri Sep. 19 at Jellico R weak

Fri Sep. 26 Chuckey-Doak weak

Fri Oct. 3 at Unaka R weaker

Fri Oct. 10 at Grainger good

Fri Oct. 17 Hampton R good

Fri Oct. 31 Grace Christian R good

Analyze this schedule

Diddler, the shrink told me I was two different people. A person who wants everyone to shake hands at the end of the night! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> And the other who wants to see GC dissentigrated!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Its about time you saw a shrink! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good luck this week bud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I talked about this in my last post. I just saw eagles response before yours.

Changing the subject a little bit I see you all pulled out a squeaker the other night was it a good one to watch?

Absolute nailbitter, A great game to prepare you for tough games later on. Hampton has already played 3 pretty good teams, they will be detter off for it in the end. As far as the scheduking thing, Hampton is the only one with a pretty tough schedule , Cosby would be second.

Its about time you saw a shrink! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Good luck this week bud. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to you guys as well. 10-0 is not out of the question. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Absolute nailbitter, A great game to prepare you for tough games later on. Hampton has already played 3 pretty good teams, they will be detter off for it in the end. As far as the scheduking thing, Hampton is the only one with a pretty tough schedule , Cosby would be second.

I agree Hampton's schedule is probably the toughest in the region. As far as the other teams vieing for the top spot this year it appears we are pretty much on level ground

You're right I shouldn't be talking about what I have no first hand knowledge of. I've said before that I don't think you're breaking any rules. Do I think you're bending them to your benefit? YES! Is that fair?

What kinda fit would you throw and how would you feel if by the time undefeated Grace rolls into Cosby for a possible region title game, Cosby had gotten 2 transfers from Cocke County , 3 From Gatlinburg Pittman , and 1 From Pigeon Forge. All of whom made great contributions to the team. Thats how I'm feeling right now. At the first of the year seeing the work our kids (our SAME kids that we had) had done in the off season and the fire and determination in their eyes to improve on last season , then gaging what every team in the region lost we felt we had a great shot to win it this year. Only to find out you guys have 7 new starters from all over K-Town. Call it conspiracy talk if you want but working as hard as we have to build a good program WITH KIDS FROM COSBY , only to see someone taking a shortcut by simply bringing in talent every year instead of coaching and developing it WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS ALLOWED TO DO THAT its kinda disheartening. But hey were gonna play hard and hopefully send yall back to Knoxville , Clinton , Maynardville , Seymore , maryville , Anderson County , (Ahh I can't name all the places your 1A local school kids will go home to) with a loss.

That last statement is hilarious! At least you have a sense of humor about the fact.

I dont think anyone has denied that we kept our starters in longer than usual Friday night. But without actually asking Coach why he done it(which I wouldnt thats not my department) I do know we have had some concerns about how our starters would react to actually having to play 4 quarters. lets face it when Hampton and Cloudland comes to town and we go to Cosby theres not going to going to be anytime to stand back and let the young ones play. Oakdale was in this game for two and a half quarters then #22 and #25 ran out of gas and it was pretty much over. Our guys had a little extra incentive also due to all the talk going around and even on tv about Oakdale beating us. And they could have they are fair team. As far as transfers go I do know this if your players are legal according to the TSSAA it dosent matter what anyone thinks.

That is why as a coach You condition them so they are ready for 4 quarters of football. Not beat down a team with starters in the 4 quarter.

Grace /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Christian /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Academy to be commended

I think the coaching staff at Grace Christian Academy needs to be commended for what they stand for in Friday night's 60-21 win over Oakdale. Forget that Grace had more than twice as many players as Oakdale or that they had the game well in hand in the third quarter, the Grace coaches stood up for those players that had to sit out and entire season last year and allowed them to show their stuff in the final minutes of the game. I stand up and applaud them. Will anybody else applaud them for standing up for their players and doing the right thing?

This topic got closed, and I wonder why? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />