Warren Co. Football

pioneerfan54

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warren Co 21 Cumberland Co 7 for the final.

Cumberland County looked to be the smallest team Warren County will play all year. Warren County must have had them by 30 to 40 lbs all the way across the line. CC played very hard tonight. wish I could say the same thing about WC. The WC defense looks good most of the night (two good goal line stands) but the WC offense looked liked the didn't practice this week. Was glad they didn't put the ball on the ground quite as much as they've been doing so much earlier this season. Passing was infrequent but effective for at least one of the scores. The other two WC TD's were Mr. Wilcher pounding up the middle. Cumberland blocked an early third Quarter WC punt and recovered it in the end zone for their TD. WC's offense didn't have much of what you would call "big plays" but did put together a couple of good time consuming drives. Warren county's size eventually won the day. Hats off to the Cumberland Co punter and QB - both played very good games. Good game for the Warren Co defensive front.

Warren Co will have to really step up and do better to get a win at home next week against Lincoln Co.

good game friday night vs the jets.......yea it wasn't their best outing of the year, but a W is a W and when it locks you in the playoffs it can go a long way....maybe friday night's win is just what the Pioneers needed to add that extra "something" they'll need this friday when lincoln co. rolls into town.....GO PIONEERS!!!!

.....also the Middle School football team will be having their final game of the season tuesday (oct 6). its 8th grade recognition night and the team would appreciate a big crowd to celebrate with these young men. kick off is set for 6:30 but with all of the recognitions for various teams it is sure to get started a little behind schedule...hope all can come out and support the future of WC football

Playoffs? Playoffs? You want to talk about Playoffs? (Sorry, couldn't resist) We have three games left against some very good opponents. Lincoln Co. and Coach Thompson will be here Friday night and we better be ready for a well balanced, well coached and hard nosed football team. I listened to the game on the radio last year and felt like we let them off the hook. Pioneerfan54, that extra something is called "INTENSITY". When the Pioneers hit the field on game night, even to warm up they should be P.O.'d until the final second ticks off the clock.

Playoffs? Playoffs? You want to talk about Playoffs? (Sorry, couldn't resist) We have three games left against some very good opponents. Lincoln Co. and Coach Thompson will be here Friday night and we better be ready for a well balanced, well coached and hard nosed football team. I listened to the game on the radio last year and felt like we let them off the hook. Pioneerfan54, that extra something is called "INTENSITY". When the Pioneers hit the field on game night, even to warm up they should be P.O.'d until the final second ticks off the clock.

i agree with you on that Nitro...i think a big crowd will help fire the boys up as well. hopefully the WC faithful will show up hungry for a big W

i agree with you on that Nitro...i think a big crowd will help fire the boys up as well. hopefully the WC faithful will show up hungry for a big W

Amen brother! I noticed last week several people left after the Homecoming festivities at halftime. I just don't understand people now a days. It will be a tall task this Friday night, but if the Pioneers take care of the football, block and tackle they will win.

I heard Danny Martin was helping out the DB's yesterday at practice. I hope he continues and hats off to the coaches for making that happen. He is a class act & great coach and the boys are excited he is helping.

• 2 weeks later...