What's up with the Tennessean online sports section?

jabbo

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't show schedules and results (usually with stats) of mid state games anymore, or at least I haven't found the way to get to it. They have that new highschoolsports.net link, but I haven't found much satisfaction with that yet.

Anybody else not feeling the love?

I guess I'm not alone!

It looks like there are at least two of us with the same thoughts.

Sherlock Holmes and Columbo together couldn't find the stats on that new website.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The Tennessean has gotten to where they push high school athletics further and further toward the back of their weekend stuff. It's truly a darn shame too.........

Stats are still there. They are just harder to find.

From the "High Schools" home page -

High Schools, there is a panel in the center of the screen titled "PREPS BLOG". Scroll down the screen and you will see "LEADERS". Under "LEADERS" just take the defaults ("Boys", "Varsity", "Football" and "All leagues") and click "Submit" and a screen with "Passing Leaders" will display. Links to check other categories are above the displayed table.

It is not very user-friendly to say the least.

Thanks Bighurt, but that shows the individual stats and I'm also interested in the game stats...or am I still missing the boat here?

They've gone to a new system where you enter the stats on this highschoolsports.net. Friday night it crashed and lost about a fourth of the games. I've had to re-enter CPA's games twice now, and it is still not staying up. They addressed it in the Tuesday edition. Patience is a virtue. (unless you work with Bighurt)

They've gone to a new system where you enter the stats on this highschoolsports.net. Friday night it crashed and lost about a fourth of the games. I've had to re-enter CPA's games twice now, and it is still not staying up. They addressed it in the Tuesday edition. Patience is a virtue. (unless you work with Bighurt)

I'll stayed tuned then even though I have no virtues nor do I take time to read deeper before I get all worked up....ya gotta do what ya gotta do. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Anybody else get a yellow screen when you try to access the STATS on this site ? Also, unapproved website has a really nice stats site, mostly on a national and state level. Does anyone know of a site to get stats from prior years ?

If your talking about unapproved website, then there are about 4-5 years of stats, if the school has been entering them.

Thanks Bighurt, but that shows the individual stats and I'm also interested in the game stats...or am I still missing the boat here?

Same as before scroll down and select the school you want under "Your School". Then, click on "TEAM PAGES" and you should see a sport-specific link. Click on that. Then, click the "Schedule" link and there will be a "STATS" button next to the particular game that you can click.

I write software for a living and it is my goal to make navigating an application or website as intuitive as possible. This website leaves a lot to be desired - IMHO.

This is my 13th year working with robjim and I still can't get him to shut his PIE HOLE!