Eurosport Rankings

MVM

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G, you always know just what to say, don't you? LOL

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I get most of my Eurosport Ranking inspirations from MVM, because I KNOW he loves them, especially the ones at the end of the year! (Ahhhh, that never gets old, does it MVM!)

Imagine, though, a ranking system that would determine whether or not you PLAYED in the championship game! (Think Auburn 13-0 season!)

Also imagine if we didn't have Eurosport... what the heck would we argue about all day?! Oh, I forgot, we have MJUHB! (Which I must admit, at least to me, is becoming more valid than Eurosport!)

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I get most of my Eurosport Ranking inspirations from MVM, because I KNOW he loves them, especially the ones at the end of the year! (Ahhhh, that never gets old, does it MVM!)

Imagine, though, a ranking system that would determine whether or not you PLAYED in the championship game! (Think Auburn 13-0 season!)

Also imagine if we didn't have Eurosport... what the heck would we argue about all day?! Oh, I forgot, we have MJUHB! (Which I must admit, at least to me, is becoming more valid than Eurosport!)

Totally correct, except his scouts are week on the West which includes a lot of teams outside of Shelby County, like Jackson and Dyersburg and Bolton and Henry County and Lexington and Tiptonville. I've not been everywhere man.

Just think "G" my daughter is only a Soph. so you'll still have two more years of my rants about Eurosport. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think I found my answer, the teams in question are all from the same district. I guess these coaches voted and think from top to bottom their district is better than the rest of the teams in the state??? But I'll let YOU (Coacht posters) be the judge....

Region 5 District 9

Franklin Road Acad 6-1-1

David Lipscomb 3-2-1

Hume-Fogg 1-0-2

CPA 0-4-2

DCA 0-3-0

East Lit Magnet 0-2-0

Ezell-Harding 0-1-0

Goodpasture Christian 0-1-0

MLK 1-2-0

this district is greater Nashville (the biggest city in Tennessee). Despite FRA's dominance, this district is good...really good. FRA would not be as successful in the state tourney if they didn't have good competition from their district foes. Do not let CPA's record deceive you. They played tough top ranked teams in 3A the first part of the season. They know record means nothing...experience to get you through a tough district tournament means everything. I know this district well. Two of these teams played for the state final last year. If four of these teams could have made it to the tourney, I dare say that three had the potential to be a contender. You also have to factor in these teams are comprised of girls who play basketball, softball, etc... against each other. District games are tough, no matter who you play, they are gunning for you with everything they have. FRA is hard to beat, they have a solid program. David Lipscomb just started an official middle school program this year. They have been lucky to be as successful with less than half their team playing club soccer. Two of their starters have played soccer less than two years, and play travel basketball. CPA is young, and probably has the most talented line-up from top to bottom in the district. Hume-Fogg has some stars and the rest of their team is conditioned to the point that they are as strong in the last five minutes as they were in the first five minutes of the game. FRA does not have an easy ride to the state tournament, and playing these teams only makes them better. Ask any team that has faced one of the top teams in this district, and they will tell you these teams have excellent athletes, heart, and great coaching.

this district is greater Nashville (the biggest city in Tennessee). Despite FRA's dominance, this district is good...really good. FRA would not be as successful in the state tourney if they didn't have good competition from their district foes. Do not let CPA's record deceive you. They played tough top ranked teams in 3A the first part of the season. They know record means nothing...experience to get you through a tough district tournament means everything. I know this district well. Two of these teams played for the state final last year. If four of these teams could have made it to the tourney, I dare say that three had the potential to be a contender. You also have to factor in these teams are comprised of girls who play basketball, softball, etc... against each other. District games are tough, no matter who you play, they are gunning for you with everything they have. FRA is hard to beat, they have a solid program. David Lipscomb just started an official middle school program this year. They have been lucky to be as successful with less than half their team playing club soccer. Two of their starters have played soccer less than two years, and play travel basketball. CPA is young, and probably has the most talented line-up from top to bottom in the district. Hume-Fogg has some stars and the rest of their team is conditioned to the point that they are as strong in the last five minutes as they were in the first five minutes of the game. FRA does not have an easy ride to the state tournament, and playing these teams only makes them better. Ask any team that has faced one of the top teams in this district, and they will tell you these teams have excellent athletes, heart, and great coaching.

Thats great for the most part, and I'll give CPA some slack, but Goodpasture is now 0-2-0 and still ranked. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Thats great for the most part, and I'll give CPA some slack, but Goodpasture is now 0-2-0 and still ranked. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

David Lipscomb is 3-4-1 and with that that puts 3 teams in the ranking with loosing records I mean come on I know this is the toughest district in the state the fact is that only 2 teams in the district can do anything. With that said I don't think these rankings for eurosport are even close to correct. I am protesting the eurosport ranking and calling BS on it. I mean 5 teams from the same region in the top 10 Ignorant. 2 of the 5 have loosing records and 1 only has 1 of their 6 lost against the only opponent with a winning record. Lets let them earn the ranking not have it given to them. CPA with no wins ranked? I know they are good and have only played top notch compitition, but no wins?

Easttnref, records are important, but I don't think should be the deciding factor. I remember a few years back playing CCS in the state final and they had a losing record coming into the game!!! No matter the record, they made it to the big game.

I would argue that a team with a poor record, against strong opponents, is more deserving of another team with an undefeated record against poor squads.

When I make my schedule, I try to schedule the hardest opponents possible. We were 14-8 last season (most losses we have ever had) yet I wouldn't have changed who we played. Playing hard teams during the season prepares you better (I believe) in the long run.

Easttnref, records are important, but I don't think should be the deciding factor. I remember a few years back playing CCS in the state final and they had a losing record coming into the game!!! No matter the record, they made it to the big game.

I would argue that a team with a poor record, against strong opponents, is more deserving of another team with an undefeated record against poor squads.

When I make my schedule, I try to schedule the hardest opponents possible. We were 14-8 last season (most losses we have ever had) yet I wouldn't have changed who we played. Playing hard teams during the season prepares you better (I believe) in the long run.

I understand that side of it to, but at this point in the season they have proved nothing in order to be ranked except they can loose to good teams. Now after they start winning district games and make the turn they would be deserving of a ranking.

I am a big picture guy myself G and I agree they are better for playing the tough competition and will help them in the long run. I just think you should have to prove yourself to be ranked which the teams I have mentioned have not this season up to his point. I am also not saying this will not happen.

I understand that side of it to, but at this point in the season they have proved nothing in order to be ranked except they can loose to good teams. Now after they start winning district games and make the turn they would be deserving of a ranking.

I am a big picture guy myself G and I agree they are better for playing the tough competition and will help them in the long run. I just think you should have to prove yourself to be ranked which the teams I have mentioned have not this season up to his point. I am also not saying this will not happen.

"G" He does make good point. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ... But easttnref even with the loses I would still give CPA some slack.

Keep in mind though....My purpose for this thread was not which specific team should be ranked. I wanted to leave that up to you, the posters, But to simply point out the bias and inconsistency of eurosport's ranked teams.

"G" He does make good point. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ... But easttnref even with the loses I would still give CPA some slack.

Keep in mind though....My purpose for this thread was not which specific team should be ranked. I wanted to leave that up to you, the posters, But to simply point out the bias and inconsistency of eurosport's ranked teams.

Eurosport is a poll and, by their very nature, all polls will always have "bias and inconsistency." Polls are subjective and standings are objective. Can you name one poll that is truly objective? I can not think of one.