Eurosport Rankings

MVM

This district tends to get the benefit of the doubt on their strength considering they have always sent two teams to the Region championship on both the boys and girls side combined with their championship history. However, in the recent past (especially with White House Heritage this past boys season) District 10 has been providing a little bit more of a challenge.

I agree that is a tough district BUT Goodpasture has not won a game and has only played 1 game. Yet they are ranked above everyone else in the state except for 10 teams. I ask again, Is the Eurosport rankings fair or any close to being correct?

To the Goodpasture fans, sorry for using you as the example.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Cleveland, Houston and Hendersonville dropping out and being replaced by Soddy, Riverdale and ???. But I usually don't get these right /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Almost got it right. Cleveland and Hendersonville dropped out, Houston moved up a spot. Riverdale and Soddy moved in as well as Dobyns-Bennett.

Easttenref, please elaborate on what changes you would make to the top 11.

Why do we care about the polls so much besides the "discussion" factor. This is not the BCS poll like in college football where the championship game is determined by the polls. Every team has a shot to progress through the District, Regional and Sectional tournament and advance so why do the polls even matter. I would much rather discuss teams and players that impact the tournament than the Rankings that have no impact. If someone could tell me why CPA, my pick to win state, is off to a slow start or who are the players to watch for CAK or ND that would be great. Just a thought.

Why do we care about the polls so much besides the "discussion" factor. This is not the BCS poll like in college football where the championship game is determined by the polls. Every team has a shot to progress through the District, Regional and Sectional tournament and advance so why do the polls even matter. I would much rather discuss teams and players that impact the tournament than the Rankings that have no impact. If someone could tell me why CPA, my pick to win state, is off to a slow start or who are the players to watch for CAK or ND that would be great. Just a thought.

I can only speak to CPA and that is somewhat limited by only watching them play one game. I was surprised at their performance given the number of returning starters. It could be that there were some injured players and not the same number of returning starters as claimed, or I could be misinformed, or maybe I am confusing an earlier post that said they had so many returning starters after making it to the finals last year. (It must be my memory, because I can't even remember if they won finals last year or not! I'm thinking they lost....) Anyway, they did not seem to be very motivated. If I am not mistaken, they started off slow last year, too. I imagine their coach knows what she is doing and will have them ready to peak by playoffs.

Almost got it right. Cleveland and Hendersonville dropped out, Houston moved up a spot. Riverdale and Soddy moved in as well as Dobyns-Bennett.

Easttenref, please elaborate on what changes you would make to the top 11.

Top 3 looks good

Bearden beat CAK 3-0 so I think they should be in the top 4

siegel and Notre Dame should be lowered

Oak ridge behind Bearden but still in top 5

I think Houston should be out along with Riverdale

Top 3 looks good

Bearden beat CAK 3-0 so I think they should be in the top 4

siegel and Notre Dame should be lowered

Oak ridge behind Bearden but still in top 5

I think Houston should be out along with Riverdale

And Father Ryan 5-2-2 While ECS has only lost one to Collerville?

misspelled father

Topper we agree....However my point to the discussion is this: If there are going to be rankings then lets make sure they are as correct and fair as possible. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And when the year ends LETS PUBLISH THE RESULTS OF THE STATE TOURNAMENT..and not some ranking!

Speaking to AAA, I think the problem is that the strong East TN teams Bearden, Oak Ridge, and West TN Collierville, Houston teams have played in some combination so you can make some determination of ranking there but none of the East or West has played the top middle TN teams Brentwood, Siegel, Riverdale or Franklin.

Until we have these teams match up it will be a regional my dogs better than your dog argument on who should be in the top 5 or 6. My dog looks like this.

1. Brentwood

2. Collierville

3. Siegel

4. Bearden

5. Oak Ridge

6. Riverdale

Speaking to AAA, I think the problem is that the strong East TN teams Bearden, Oak Ridge, and West TN Collierville, Houston teams have played in some combination so you can make some determination of ranking there but none of the East or West has played the top middle TN teams Brentwood, Siegel, Riverdale or Franklin.

Until we have these teams match up it will be a regional my dogs better than your dog argument on who should be in the top 5 or 6. My dog looks like this.

1. Brentwood

2. Collierville

3. Siegel

4. Bearden

5. Oak Ridge

6. Riverdale

BR--my gut tells me you are close to being right. The central teams (Siegel, Brentwood, Riverdale, Franklin) keep showing up strong. They need to be in there, and at this point they have as much claim to the top spot as anyone.