Eurosport Rankings

MVM

Eurosport is a poll and, by their very nature, all polls will always have "bias and inconsistency." Polls are subjective and standings are objective. Can you name one poll that is truly objective? I can not think of one.

So You admit that eurosports rankings are Bias and inconsistence.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So You admit that eurosports rankings are Bias and inconsistence.

Because humans are biased and inconsistent and humans are voting in the Eursport poll, then the poll will be biased and inconsistent. Postings in the many threads on this board are evidence of the bias and inconsistency of the posters. Do you think the Eurosports voters will behave in a substantially different way when they rank teams?

Topper we agree....However my point to the discussion is this: If there are going to be rankings then lets make sure they are as correct and fair as possible. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

And when the year ends LETS PUBLISH THE RESULTS OF THE STATE TOURNAMENT..and not some ranking!

still some smoldering embers?

this district is greater Nashville (the biggest city in Tennessee). Despite FRA's dominance, this district is good...really good. FRA would not be as successful in the state tourney if they didn't have good competition from their district foes. Do not let CPA's record deceive you. They played tough top ranked teams in 3A the first part of the season. They know record means nothing...experience to get you through a tough district tournament means everything. I know this district well. Two of these teams played for the state final last year. If four of these teams could have made it to the tourney, I dare say that three had the potential to be a contender. You also have to factor in these teams are comprised of girls who play basketball, softball, etc... against each other. District games are tough, no matter who you play, they are gunning for you with everything they have. FRA is hard to beat, they have a solid program. David Lipscomb just started an official middle school program this year. They have been lucky to be as successful with less than half their team playing club soccer. Two of their starters have played soccer less than two years, and play travel basketball. CPA is young, and probably has the most talented line-up from top to bottom in the district. Hume-Fogg has some stars and the rest of their team is conditioned to the point that they are as strong in the last five minutes as they were in the first five minutes of the game. FRA does not have an easy ride to the state tournament, and playing these teams only makes them better. Ask any team that has faced one of the top teams in this district, and they will tell you these teams have excellent athletes, heart, and great coaching.

Really? FRA has a total of two wins with opponents with a winning record so far this season, you',, need to educate us a little more.....

I could be wrong but the way I understand this poll. Is the only input by coaches is by schedule and scores.I don't think there is any voting process. Now I could be wrong but if you look at the site . Not all coaches input their info. Now I do

know the coach at Smyrna started this site years ago.From what I understand he has been coaching in Tennessee for many years. He has been one of the many individuals to bring high school soccer to the forefront in the state of Tennessee. It seems a little bias to some. He does know a lot of coaches in the state,especially from the premier programs in the state because most of them have been the same through the years. Polls are polls and soccer is becoming more mainstream. Teams have to raise their level of play to be with the elite. Coaches have to become

more involved with the process.Then we might have more of a legitimate poll but we will always have someone to complain.

I think I found my answer, the teams in question are all from the same district. I guess these coaches voted and think from top to bottom their district is better than the rest of the teams in the state??? But I'll let YOU (Coacht posters) be the judge....

Region 5 District 9

Franklin Road Acad 6-1-1

David Lipscomb 3-2-1

Hume-Fogg 1-0-2

CPA 0-4-2

DCA 0-3-0

East Lit Magnet 0-2-0

Ezell-Harding 0-1-0

Goodpasture Christian 0-1-0

MLK 1-2-0

There is no vote.In the last 5 years this district has had 2 teams go to the finals .I could be wrong but I believe they

have had a team win it 4 out of the last 5(fra-3,dca-1)but it could be 3.It is the toughest district in the state. Over the last 5 years they have had at least 5 of their teams ranked in the the top 11. As I think it has been deserving. I

think the gap is closing.

There is no vote.In the last 5 years this district has had 2 teams go to the finals .I could be wrong but I believe they

have had a team win it 4 out of the last 5(fra-3,dca-1)but it could be 3.It is the toughest district in the state. Over the last 5 years they have had at least 5 of their teams ranked in the the top 11. As I think it has been deserving. I

think the gap is closing.

So you agree that Goodpastue with a 0-2-0 record. A team that has only played 2 games that we know is deserving of a #11 ranking in the state?

Yes or NO

So you agree that Goodpastue with a 0-2-0 record. A team that has only played 2 games that we know is deserving of a #11 ranking in the state?

Yes or NO

NO.

I agree that FRA has been (and still is) a great team and deserving of the attention. The other's don't automatically get a pass just because they are in the same district.

I feel that the voters are also playing the "BUDDY SYSTEM GAME"! Perfect example, Dobyns Bennett was ranked in a Tie for #11 last week. They beat a Tennessee High team that was 5-2 coming in. Three of the teams directly in front of them in the poll lost last week. Result??????? Dobyns Bennett not even ranked this week!

What a great message to tell our kids. Work hard, win, and move down!

Maybe Eurosport needs to not be run by a panel of coaches that care about the game more than about playing mind games with kids.

I feel that the voters are also playing the "BUDDY SYSTEM GAME"! Perfect example, Dobyns Bennett was ranked in a Tie for #11 last week. They beat a Tennessee High team that was 5-2 coming in. Three of the teams directly in front of them in the poll lost last week. Result??????? Dobyns Bennett not even ranked this week!

What a great message to tell our kids. Work hard, win, and move down!

Maybe Eurosport needs to not be run by a panel of coaches that care about the game more than about playing mind games with kids.

I would agree like why is david lipscomb ranked they lost to the #11 team last week I mean come on, and why is CPA ranked at 0-5-4

And for the record CAK has to be the number 1 team in AAA right now

not Notre Dame and not FRA