Milan vs. Humboldt

baddawg

I thought the Milan fans showed ALOT of class when they gave injured #24 Bryan Harris from Humboldt 2 standing ovations when he was carried off the field. Once when they started rolling him off the field & another when he raised his hand to signal he was okay. Props to the Milan fans as I was sitting with friends on the Milan side during the second half.

Milan is beatable! Any team is beatable! Not discounting Milan at all so don't take it that way. Take away the 3 fumbles & it's probably a closer game. No one knows for sure as that's all speculation but it seemed to me that both teams got after each other. That's what happens in a rivalry. As for the ugly aspect, I'd take any ugly win over a pretty loss any day. Milan found a way to win the game & they took it to the woodshed. Congrats!

You can't have turnovers like that against a good team like Milan. It's hard enough to beat Milan w/o making it harder. Alot of Milan fans figured the dawgs would win by 40 points with Gilbert scoring 4 TD's so what do we know. That's what happens in a rivalry. You can throw out all the records in a big rivalry game like this one. I think Milan has a very solid team & coaching staff. Again congrats!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Milan fans showed ALOT of class when they gave injured #24 Bryan Harris from Humboldt 2 standing ovations when he was carried off the field. Once when they started rolling him off the field & another when he raised his hand to signal he was okay. Props to the Milan fans as I was sitting with friends on the Milan side during the second half.

Milan is beatable! Any team is beatable! Not discounting Milan at all so don't take it that way. Take away the 3 fumbles & it's probably a closer game. No one knows for sure as that's all speculation but it seemed to me that both teams got after each other. That's what happens in a rivalry. As for the ugly aspect, I'd take any ugly win over a pretty loss any day. Milan found a way to win the game & they took it to the woodshed. Congrats!

You can't have turnovers like that against a good team like Milan. It's hard enough to beat Milan w/o making it harder. Alot of Milan fans figured the dawgs would win by 40 points with Gilbert scoring 4 TD's so what do we know. That's what happens in a rivalry. You can throw out all the records in a big rivalry game like this one. I think Milan has a very solid team & coaching staff. Again congrats!

very good post with good points does anyone know how harris is i havent heard nothing yet hated to see him leave on the stretcher and bledsoe leave to go to the er if anyone has any updates on these two pls post them both teams came out and made mistakes i didnt know we were gonna be without the 3 starters i think so that would have led me to beleive that it would have been alot closer but humbolt seem very much improved too o and even though u lost u held milan to the least points this season so far so who knows i think they could be a force in the coming weeks

Bland said Harris had some tingling in his fingers but was able to move all limbs. Probably a pinched nerve from what I'm hearing. Most of his emergency care was precautionary & I'm glad to see that. It's always good to see both coaching staffs, both team physicians & trainers rendering aid. As a parent I sympathized with the Harris family as my son got a concussion from a blind side hit & knocked completely out one night. It's a horrible feeling to see your child hurt & a helpless feeling to boot.

Hope Bledsoe is alright. Saw the leg brace on him & headed to the ER. He looked to be in alot of pain. Hope he is alright. He's a player!

Humboldt stacked the box & kept Gilbert in check but Milan has other weapons. Humboldt's secondary is young this year. I think Humboldt will improve but they're still learning a new system so they should make the most gains next year. I'm hearing Humboldt will drop to 1A next year!

Bland said Harris had some tingling in his fingers but was able to move all limbs. Probably a pinched nerve from what I'm hearing. Most of his emergency care was precautionary & I'm glad to see that. It's always good to see both coaching staffs, both team physicians & trainers rendering aid. As a parent I sympathized with the Harris family as my son got a concussion from a blind side hit & knocked completely out one night. It's a horrible feeling to see your child hurt & a helpless feeling to boot.

Hope Bledsoe is alright. Saw the leg brace on him & headed to the ER. He looked to be in alot of pain. Hope he is alright. He's a player!

Humboldt stacked the box & kept Gilbert in check but Milan has other weapons. Humboldt's secondary is young this year. I think Humboldt will improve but they're still learning a new system so they should make the most gains next year. I'm hearing Humboldt will drop to 1A next year!

thats good to hear humbolt will be a power in 1a if thats where they go u mark my words

I understand and agree that any team can be beat. This guy got on the radio and sounded to me like one of those people that never gives a team that beats his team credit. Milan, beatable, yes, very beatable, no!!!

Milan is beatable. I think that Milan will go 10-0 in the regular season. But you got to realize that the region may be down some this year. Milan is the best AA team in West Tennessee. Milan could make it to the AA State Championship but I think Alcoa is in a different league.

It would get ugly quick. I hope we get to see.

Milan is beatable. I think that Milan will go 10-0 in the regular season. But you got to realize that the region may be down some this year. Milan is the best AA team in West Tennessee. Milan could make it to the AA State Championship but I think Alcoa is in a different league.

It would get ugly quick. I hope we get to see.

I hope we get to see it also. At least the chance to take the field in M'Boro. But before that we have a LOT of work to do. Our lines did not dominate last night and while Humboldt gave a very impressive effort, I don't think they are the best we will see before the end of the year. Jobronski ran hard last night but the holes that had been there all year just were not there last night. Noticed a couple of Sophomores got some snaps last night in the secondary, hopefully that will help our depth as the season goes on. This team will have to work hard on the practice field to get where they want to go. Nobody is going to lay down and give us a "W". As the year ends and the playoffs start - those games get rougher and rougher.

thats good to hear humbolt will be a power in 1a if thats where they go u mark my words

Under the Z Plan, Humboldt would be in Class A for regular season district play. For playoff purposes, they would be in 2A with Trenton and others assuming the TSSAA does not switch back to only 5 classes (from the proposed 6) for the playoffs with the group of privates that are going to Divison 2.

Under the Z Plan, Humboldt would be in Class A for regular season district play. For playoff purposes, they would be in 2A with Trenton and others assuming the TSSAA does not switch back to only 5 classes (from the proposed 6) for the playoffs with the group of privates that are going to Divison 2.

they could still go back to just 5 i didnt know they could do that thats what i think would be the best option i dont know how it was affecting everyone else but milan it only was gonna create more travel and to be honest with milan and westview being the only 3a schools in that distract and 1 possibly not making the playoffs it just dont seem logical at all to me

One thing I have not seen discussed here is the fact of USJ & JSC going to DII, will it move Milan to the other 3A/4A district? That would be two less teams than the proposed alignment, just something to think about.

they could still go back to just 5 i didnt know they could do that thats what i think would be the best option i dont know how it was affecting everyone else but milan it only was gonna create more travel and to be honest with milan and westview being the only 3a schools in that distract and 1 possibly not making the playoffs it just dont seem logical at all to me

While it is true that under the Z Plan that only one of the two teams (Milan or Westview) would get an automatic playoff birth, I would not loose too much sleep over the other team not getting in. In most years, the other team would be more than good enough to get one of the wild card spots.

As far as the increased travel for Milan goes (assuming the TSSAA stays with the 6 class Z Plan), someone was going to end up traveling a bit. Every team in the state can't just hop on a bus for a short bus ride to Humboldt, Huntingdon,Gibson County, or Trenton like Milan has been able to do for so many years. It's not like you are going to be taking any 3 hour one way trips or anything like that during the regular season.