David Lipscomb at Cheatham County

HesterBeSeeinULater

Catfish....what a game to pick as Homecoming!!!!!!!!!

Week 0 (Gordonsville) & Week 2 (Giles Co.) are WAY too early for "Homecoming" games. Those were the Cubs first home games of this season. "Senior Night" is in Week 8 as the Cubs final home game of the season.

The other two home contests for Cheatham Co. are in Week 4 against David Lipscomb and then in Week 6 against Marshall Co. With that in mind you can obviously see that the "Homecoming" game had to fall against a very tough foe.

That is my take on how the "Homecoming" game decision was viewed.........BUT.........maybe we are just so nice with the country hospitality in Ashland City that we wanted to give the great people from David Lipscomb a great event to see. My guess is that David Lipscomb doesn't get to take part in many "Homecoming" events at other schools across the state.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey vandy1:

If you guys plan on doing the webcast for this game you can have the bottom section where I normally set up and I will move our broadcast upstairs to allow all of you guys access to the entire bottom section of the pressbox.

Let me know in advance because I am sure many of the Mustangs fans would love to have a chance to watch the game if they don't have an opportunity to come to Ashland City.

Hey vandy1:

If you guys plan on doing the webcast for this game you can have the bottom section where I normally set up and I will move our broadcast upstairs to allow all of you guys access to the entire bottom section of the pressbox.

Let me know in advance because I am sure many of the Mustangs fans would love to have a chance to watch the game if they don't have an opportunity to come to Ashland City.

Appreciate the offer. However to do a webcast you have to have a few things available. 1) Either have a Star Catcher to beam your signal to a satellite..plus you have to buy time for the use of the satellite, or 2) The pressbox needs to be wired for internet prefably with cable TV for fast access. There are not too many HS pressboxes that are wired with cable tv and internet. I know we can't afford to buy satellite time and rent a Star Catcher. Thanks again for the offer. Perhaps in the future more schools will wire their pressbox with cable and internet. They would be able to do more stuff with their football program and game day experience. Also, reporters would finish their stories online. Maybe you should make this suggestion to the powers that be at Cheatham County HS. It would be a good way for your alumni to keep up with the program.

Lipscomb in this one by as many as McAdams wants it to be. However, he is a merciful coach. My guess is something like 44-6 with the starters in the game. Final score 44-13. Way too much team speed for Lipscomb.

We look forward to another road trip to Ashland City. The hosts are very hospitable and the homecoming festivities are exceptional. Catfish before the game and milkshakes afterwards. What a Friday night with high school football.

This game has potential for major upset. Obviously DL is the huge favorite. No team in the region has ever even had a chance to beat them in 3 1/3 years. DL will have a couple of region tests this year, and I think this will be one of them. Come on guys, don't always be safe and pick the stud team. Just every once in a while weird things happen in high school football. Friday night may very well be one of those weird nights.

I don't make predictions on Cubs games because I call them on the air HOWEVER it must be noted that the Cubs players and coaches will not be storming out of that field house on Friday night just to lose on "Homecoming". Under Coach Finley & Co. it is well known that Cheatham Co. doesn't fear anyone and they'll take on all comers. The Cubs aren't the biggest team in the region and they certainly aren't the fastest and most athletic team in the region but they are a team that will HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH for 48 minutes.

Coach Mac & Co. know that when they play Cheatham Co. they can expect to be in a physical football contest. I heard him on the air after last Friday night and I know that he is probably getting his Mustangs really motivated heading into this one.

I HOPE DAVID LIPSCOMB SHOWS UP WITH THEIR 100% A+ GAME FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!